PDA

View Full Version : Fun times in Charlotte

Jerry_Manuel
04-13-2002, 11:31 AM
From the Daily SouthTown:

How are things going for starting pitcher Jim Parque and reliever Kelly Wunsch at Triple-A Charlotte?

"Oh, great," Parque said. "There's nothing like eating at 'IHOP' and having peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches every day."

Parque, who will make his third start for Charlotte on Sunday, was sent there late in spring training so he could continue building his arm strength. He had shoulder surgery last May.

His fastball was consistently near the 87 mph mark in his last start. Before the injury, Parque's fastball topped out at 88-89 mph.

Manuel thinks Parque should be able to rejoin the parent club soon.

"Another outing or so and he should be ready to go," the skipper said.

As for Wunsch, the lefty has been on the 15-day disabled list since March 28 with soreness in his left shoulder, which required season-ending surgery last July. He was experiencing some pain last week, but after meeting with Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday, Wunsch was cleared to resume playing catch.

Just to add to Parque's and Wunsch's frustrations of being back in the minors, the two pitchers were driving to the ballpark Thursday when a woman's car rear-ended Parque's rental car. Neither player was hurt.

"Yeah, like I said, it's great down here," Parque said.

doublem23
04-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Someone needs to really smack Parque around.

kermittheefrog
04-13-2002, 01:58 PM
I love Parque, he's funny as hell.

RichH55
04-13-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I love Parque, he's funny as hell.

That 90 mph talk is encouraging as well

JoeBatters
04-13-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

That 90 mph talk is encouraging as well
:whiner:
BWaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeKreevich
04-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Someone needs to really smack Parque around.
Sounds like he took it in the rear.

doublem23
04-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

Sounds like he took it in the rear.

*****!