PDA

View Full Version : Stoneman stepping down as Angels GM.

Sockinchisox
10-15-2007, 07:25 PM
per rotoworld:

Bill Stoneman is stepping down as the Angels' general manager and taking a consultant role with the team.
According to CBS Sportsline, the Angels are leaning towards going with their director of player development, Tony Reagins, as his their successor. Still, it'd be a surprise if they didn't at least check in with Walt Jocketty first. The Angels have reached the postseason four times in the last six years under Stoneman.
Source: CBS SportsLine.com (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10410509/rss)

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Man, the GMs are dropping like flies.

getonbckthr
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Is this all in connection to:
-Arod-Mania 2007?
-Rediculous contract demands of 14 million by Rowand, 18 by Hunter and 20 by Jones?
-They wanna be available when Cashman gets canned for failure of utilizing a 250 million dollar payroll and win a Championship?
-..........?

CanBuehrleWait
10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Very strange off season. General Managers don't get much better some of these guys.

The Immigrant
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe his successor will finally part with some of their prospects in exchange for a big bat. Frater must be getting excited...

spiffie
10-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Is this all in connection to:
-Arod-Mania 2007?
-Rediculous contract demands of 14 million by Rowand, 18 by Hunter and 20 by Jones?
-They wanna be available when Cashman gets canned for failure of utilizing a 250 million dollar payroll and win a Championship?
-..........?
No one wants to be there when the Mitchell Report finally hits?

Frater Perdurabo
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Maybe his successor will finally part with some of their prospects in exchange for a big bat. Frater must be getting excited...

:rolling:

soxfanatlanta
10-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Has there even been a season where so many successful GM's leave?

Gonna be a crazy off season.

kidmccarthy
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
All this GM turnover has got me thinking. Lots of new GMs looking to make a name for themselves and bring a big ticket in. Can Kenny fleece one of these newbies into taking Garland or Contreras or Konerko for a nice ransom. I think he might be able to expose at least one of these new dopes...

Hokiesox
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
All this GM turnover has got me thinking. Lots of new GMs looking to make a name for themselves and bring a big ticket in. Can Kenny fleece one of these newbies into taking Garland or Contreras or Konerko for a nice ransom. I think he might be able to expose at least one of these new dopes...

Unless Kenny is the dope. I don't think he is, but after last season's moves, I'm skeptical.

itsnotrequired
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Unless Kenny is the dope. I don't think he is, but after last season's moves, I'm skeptical.

Are you suggesting KW got duped last season?

chisoxfanatic
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM

There's only one of those guys I want gone next year, and I don't think anyone here needs me to spell that out. KW's made more great deals than bad deals...That will continue this offseason.

Hokiesox
10-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Are you suggesting KW got duped last season?

No, I'm suggesting it is my own opinion that I won't get excited about a number of new GMs out there who Kenny might be able to hoodwink. Dupe or no dupe, he didn't have a good offseason last year, I've said that since sometime around May and I hope this year goes much better. I'm just not going to get excited about it.