PDA

View Full Version : Obstructed views?

MarqSox
04-13-2002, 02:41 AM
The Trib said some seats in the outfield are a bit obstructed by the new batter's eye. I'm goin to the Saturday game and don't have tickets yet -- can anyone tell me what sections to avoid?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
The Trib said some seats in the outfield are a bit obstructed by the new batter's eye. I'm goin to the Saturday game and don't have tickets yet -- can anyone tell me what sections to avoid?

The Tribune specifically mentions sections 100 and 163, which makes sense because those are the ones directly next to the batter's eye. Even for the fans who sat there, they only missed a view of a small corner of the opposite field. We're talking about a couple hundred seats, at most.

Even partially obstructed, those seats are 100-times better than sitting upstairs in the upper deck corner seats. Fans who whine about this in the future won't get a bit of sympathy from me. They are going to be marked "obstructed view".

Talk to the fans sitting in the corners of all these popular new "retro" ballparks about obstructed view--including everyone's heart throb, Camden Yards. They would laugh at Sox Fans whining about something this minor.

foulkesfan11
04-13-2002, 06:48 PM
I was in section 102 and it didn't look like much of an obstructed view at all. They could have done a better paint job on it though.

Jjav829
04-13-2002, 06:51 PM
I sat in section 100, first row. The only complaint I had about those seats were that I couldn't see the scoreboard. Otherwise they were great seats.

duke of dorwood
04-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Correct, the obstructions are minor to the playing field. Isnt that why we go? But the scorebaord is not visible if you are against the wall in those sections. I always thought a secondary message board should be in place other than the outfield.