PDA

View Full Version : mu opening day experience

mike squires
04-12-2002, 08:28 PM
i was pretty satisfied with the renovations of the park and the overall day at the park. kind of dissapointed it was not a sell out but the crowd was pretty festive. the only other problem was they would not let us in without main level course seat. anybody else have that problem? so i was no able to see the concourse renovations closely. maybe i just got there too late (about 45 minutes before game time) i hope that is not a new thing they are doing, i would miss going after foul balls and autographs and also would not be able to visit the sox clubhouse (hall of fame) or the gift shops on the games i do sit in the upper deck. i know i'm griping...oh one more thing, how come nobody ever sings na na hey hey good bye anymore. nancy plays it all the time but the crowd does not sing along. it used to sound so nice in the old park. i called the jose valentin home run. hopefully the come out hittin and stealin like today tomorrow.

RichH55
04-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Well I'm going on Sunday, so I'll have a more profound response then

duke of dorwood
04-12-2002, 09:04 PM
It was a very festive crowd-and I was really impressed with the rennovations. The new concourse, with references to team history as names of the individual stands, the new bricks, and lighting seemed to be well accepted. The centerfield area was a big hit, it makes the inside of the park seem a bit more cozy, I liked the fact they went lite on the shrubbery, and the view from back there is great. It goes a lot further in towards the field than I thought. There will be BP home runs hit there for sure. If I knew how to post a picture here, I'd show you all the pic I took out there today

Konerkofan
04-15-2002, 10:26 AM
They did a good job on the new changes they made.

The park looks really nice.

Kilroy
04-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by michael penny
the only other problem was they would not let us in without main level course seat. anybody else have that problem? so i was no able to see the concourse renovations closely.

They have enforced that pretty firmly on days when there are large crowds expected because they added 2500 seats to the lower level without increasing the amenities. So there's 2500 more people in line for snax, and 2500 more people trying to use the washroom, ect. If there was another 2500 people who decided they'd rather stand on the concourse instead of sitting up top, it would be pretty crowded. That is the thinking that goes in to that. On days when the crowds are more sparse, that won't be enforced as much.