PDA

View Full Version : Papelbon wins DHL Delivery Man of the Year

JermaineDye05
10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Congrats to him, although I think Putz should have won it (despite the fact I voted for Bobby) as he was just filthy this year.

Foulke You
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Bobby did an amazing job this year for us and deserved consideration for this award but alas, it was for a 4th place team and he would have needed to break the save record to get noticed this year.:(:

JermaineDye05
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Bobby did an amazing job this year for us and deserved consideration for this award but alas, it was for a 4th place team and he would have needed to break the save record to get noticed this year.:(:

Well he was on the ballot, but he blew 5 saves this year as opposed to Papelbon's 3 blown saves. Putz however blew only 2 and had a lower ERA then Papelbon and more saves, the only thing Papelbon really had on Putz was strikeouts.

Thomes Forearm
10-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Congrats to him, although I think Putz should have won it (despite the fact I voted for Bobby) as he was just filthy this year.

a Pro-Rox post NOT posted by Fenway?? :D:

good for him. Bobby had little chance. playing on a last place (or close to it) rarely gives an oportunity to win individual awards...unless you're andre dawson...still not sure how that happened.

goofymsfan
10-11-2007, 07:25 PM
It's disappointing that JJ didn't win. Sadly though I think most casual fans don't know who he is since most of the east coasters go to bed before the M's games start. I think awards like this should be voted on by the players, not by the fans.

skobabe8
10-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Ill take Bobby.

Lip Man 1
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
You mean Mike MacDougal didn't get it?????

Lip

goon
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Well he was on the ballot, but he blew 5 saves this year as opposed to Papelbon's 3 blown saves. Putz however blew only 2 and had a lower ERA then Papelbon and more saves, the only thing Papelbon really had on Putz was strikeouts.

Yeah, but he only had him by 2 K's. Putz also had six wins as opposed to Papelbon's one to go with three more saves. Putz got robbed... that's a shame.

FedEx227
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I voted for Putz. Should have been an easy win for him, but Putz never makes SportsCenter.

Lorenzo Barcelo
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
It's disappointing that JJ didn't win. Sadly though I think most casual fans don't know who he is since most of the east coasters go to bed before the M's games start. I think awards like this should be voted on by the players, not by the fans.

Lots of people don't even realize that he was originally drafted by our White Sox.

JermaineDye05
10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Lots of people don't even realize that he was originally drafted by our White Sox.

Interesting, didn't know that. Well at least the Sox made up for losing him by getting Bobby on waivers.

Lorenzo Barcelo
10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Interesting, didn't know that. Well at least the Sox made up for losing him by getting Bobby on waivers.

I believe we drafted him in the 3rd round in '95. Wonder if his agent was Scott Borass?

PorkChopExpress
10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
It should have been Putz's hands down, but like all of these stupid awards now, it is nothing more than a popularity contest, and when it comes to popularity, the Red Sox and Yankee players will inevitably win due to the excessive ESPN coverage.

WhiteSoxJunkie
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
the only thing Papelbon really had on Putz was strikeouts.

I can think of another thing Papelbon has on Putz. Look what cap he wears.