PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NLCS: Rockies versus Diamondbacks

PKalltheway
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Suprisingly enough, I didn't see a thread for this, so I'd thought I'd start it. Who wins the National League pennant? My prediction: Rockies in 6. They're really on a roll right now, and I think they'll end up winning the pennant. It could just as easily go the other way though. I can't see this series being decided in less than 6 games.

Here's a position-by-position breakdown of both teams:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/john_donovan/10/10/nlcs.preview/index.html

DSpivack
10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Voted for Rockies in 7, but that might be more of a wish for Colorado to move on and for a great NLCS than anything else.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Suprisingly enough, I didn't see a thread for this, so I'd thought I'd start it. Who wins the National League pennant? My prediction: Rockies in 6. They're really on a roll right now, and I think they'll end up winning the pennant. It could just as easily go the other way though. I can't see this series being decided in less than 6 games.

Here's a position-by-position breakdown of both teams:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/john_donovan/10/10/nlcs.preview/index.html

Thanks for the breakdown. Interesting reading.

MarySwiss
10-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the breakdown. Interesting reading.

I thought so too, Manders.

However, one "intangible" this guy didn't mention was the five days off between series. Be interesting to see if that has any effect. Both teams were off, but the Rox were red-hot. As a D'Backs fan, I'm kinda hoping they will have cooled off.:wink:

You know what I think is one of the most interesting things about this series? About a month ago, most of the "experts" would have laughed if they heard that the Rox would make the playoffs, let alone the NLCS and--heaven forbid!--the WS!

jackbrohamer
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Rockies definitely have the hottest hand

manders_01
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I thought so too, Manders.

However, one "intangible" this guy didn't mention was the five days off between series. Be interesting to see if that has any effect. Both teams were off, but the Rox were red-hot. As a D'Backs fan, I'm kinda hoping they will have cooled off.:wink:

You know what I think is one of the most interesting things about this series? About a month ago, most of the "experts" would have laughed if they heard that the Rox would make the playoffs, let alone the NLCS and--heaven forbid!--the WS!

Of course you do! :D:

Experts and half the citizens of Denver! Denver has always been a Broncos town. And it seems the Broncs and none too thrilled that the Rox are now in the limelight.

DSpivack
10-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Of course you do! :D:

Experts and half the citizens of Denver! Denver has always been a Broncos town. And it seems the Broncs and none too thrilled that the Rox are now in the limelight.

Losing 41-3 at Mile High doesn't help things.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Not so much. Plus I've heard there was quite a bit of chanting for the Rockies and not enough for the Broncos. :D:

chisoxmike
10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
This series is a real toss up, I think.

MarySwiss
10-10-2007, 07:32 PM

I agree, Mike. And in a perfect world, people who love the game would tune in to watch a series between two teams that nobody would have expected to see, and that feature very few "big bucks" players.

Sadly, many of the pathetic sports mediots still just can't stop talking about Torre and Co. and about that epic Yanks/Red Sawx series that isn't going to happen. I for one am waiting for the article calling upon the Indians to apologize!

Not sure that should be teal, BTW!

PKalltheway
10-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Sadly, many of the pathetic sports mediots still just can't stop talking about Torre and Co. and about that epic Yanks/Red Sawx series that isn't going to happen.

I know. Just wait. All that you're gonna hear for the next week or so is how much more "exciting" the Indians/Red Sox series will be, only because Boston is in it. They'll label the Rockies/D'Backs series as "boring" and "with no excitement, because nobody has heard of these guys before, and nobody knows what these teams are like." Well here's your time to find out!

I'm not saying that the Indians/Red Sox series won't be exciting, but some people are burying the Rockies/D'Backs series without even giving it a chance. I may end up watching more of this series than the ALCS. I really want to know more about these teams.

Myrtle72
10-10-2007, 09:45 PM

I completely agree. I voted for the Diamondbacks, but I honestly think it could go either way. And that's why I'm actually excited about this series. The AL is just one big snooze fest, but this one's got my attention.

Fenway
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I completely agree. I voted for the Diamondbacks, but I honestly think it could go either way. And that's why I'm actually excited about this series. The AL is just one big snooze fest, but this one's got my attention.

This series is being ignored on the East Coast. Neither Boston paper is staffing it and today the NY fishwraps were also running AP stories from Phoenix.

MarySwiss
10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
This series is being ignored on the East Coast. Neither Boston paper is staffing it and today the NY fishwraps were also running AP stories from Phoenix.

Well, that's perfectly okay with me and probably a lot of other Arizona and Colorado sports fans.

manders_01
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, that's perfectly okay with me and probably a lot of other Arizona and Colorado sports fans.

I'll second that Mary!

Foulke You
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
That is truly amazing. You'd think they'd staff it since the series will decide who Boston plays in the World Series should they advance. Wouldn't they want their writers to get familiar with the NLCS teams in preparation for the Fall Classic just in case the Red Sox get there?

ChiSoxFan35
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
I like Zona. They've been ignored all year and they just win. Plus, I think these days off will help Col cool off

russ99
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM

It's being ignored on TV too. I know Fox was posturing for a Red Sox vs. Yankees series for the ALCS, but this ridiculous deal with TNT broadcasting the NLCS (with no local free TV pickup) and Fox broadcasting the ALCS is really bad for baseball.

Pretty soon the Yankees and the Red Sox will negotiate their own TV deals, just like the big soccer clubs in Europe.

DumpJerry
10-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Not so much. Plus I've heard there was quite a bit of chanting for the Rockies and not enough for the Broncos. :D:
Is this what caused the Broncs to lose?:rolleyes:

manders_01
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM

LMAO Don't they wish!

DSpivack
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM

Since they got blown out by the Chargers, perhaps it was payback for the Padres. :tongue:

MarySwiss
10-11-2007, 06:19 PM
That is truly amazing. You'd think they'd staff it since the series will decide who Boston plays in the World Series should they advance. Wouldn't they want their writers to get familiar with the NLCS teams in preparation for the Fall Classic just in case the Red Sox get there?

Heh-heh-heh! Let's hope it all works out for the best for those East Coast clowns, and the Red Sox lose to the Tribe! Then they can sit around in some bar not watching the World Series and talking about how right they were to not cover the NLCS. :tongue:

itsnotrequired
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh man, is that upper deck empty.

:o:

QCIASOXFAN
10-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Webb throwing a ton of pitches early, good news for the Rocks.:gulp:

PKalltheway
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Taveras steals second, and Matsui singles him in. Having Taveras back must be a pretty big boost for the Rockies. Remember how he tore us up in '05?

manders_01
That was cool! LOL

PKalltheway
Rockies really threatening now, 2 on and 1 out

PKalltheway
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Hawpe singles in 2, it's 4-1 Colorado, and Webb's pitch count continues to climb...

manders_01
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes! Nice job Hippity Hawpe!

pierzynski07
10-11-2007, 09:09 PM
:?: Why is this thread mostly about the Red Sox?

QCIASOXFAN
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
:?: Why is this thread mostly about the Red Sox?
Because Boston is the most important team in the world.

manders_01
10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Love that Kaz speed!!!

skobabe8
10-11-2007, 09:45 PM
How many times have the cubs been mentioned during this broadcast???

Fenway
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Seems like the Rockies have forgotten how to lose.

SBSoxFan
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Seems like the Rockies have forgotten how to lose.

You're right. Also, they just said on the radio that the Rockies led the NL in team ERA since the all-star break. Perhaps shutting down the Phils, who led the NL in runs scored this year, was a sign of things to come.

PKalltheway
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Arizona threatening, 2 on, no out in the bottom of the 7th

rookie
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't understand why the guy on third had to go back to second. He would have advanced to third anyways despite the interference.

Hendu
So much for that rally. I think that was a good call. Upton definitely went out of his way to make contact with Matsui.

At least it got the crowd into it. Just don't throw stuff on the field like they do at Wrigley.

QCIASOXFAN
Debris on the field!

PKalltheway
Wow, Upton with a hard slide into second, man out at first because of interference. D'Back fans are starting to trash the field...

manders_01
10-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Poor form - some - D-Back fans

champagne030

Of course the clamraps are not covering that series.......they've got to get ready to cover the Patriots practice for SportsCenter.

PKalltheway
They're pulling the players off of the field!

oeo
10-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Are Cubs fans and D'Backs fans one in the same?

SBSoxFan
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, it looks like Chase Field has become Wrigley west afterall! :rolleyes:

thomas35forever
10-11-2007, 10:03 PM
These people are basically ex-Cubs fans. A lot of people from Chicago live in Arizona if I'm not mistaken.

skobabe8
Its funny hearing Brenly scolding D'backs fans.

Mohoney
Morons.

Brian26
10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Craig Sager, on the field in front of the Rockies dugout, already knows that the fans who threw the bottles from the rightfield upper deck onto the field have already been located, apprehended and removed from the stadium, all in the span of the two minute commercial break? :?::rolleyes:

manders_01
10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Craig Sager, on the field in front of the Rockies dugout, already knows that the fans who threw the bottles from the rightfield upper deck onto the field have already been located, apprehended and removed from the stadium, all in the span of the two minute commercial break? :?::rolleyes:

He's got connections!

QCIASOXFAN
10-11-2007, 10:07 PM
These people are basically ex-Cubs fans. A lot of people from Chicago live in Arizona if I'm not mistaken.
They would have thrown a lot more cups and bottles on the field. Amatures.

manders_01
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Schew!

PKalltheway
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Rox get out of the jam

AZChiSoxFan
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Are Cubs fans and D'Backs fans one in the same?

:redface::redface:...me right now...:redface::redface:

What a bunch of tools throwing stuff on the field, due to the ump making the CORRECT call. It's bad enough to do that crap when you get a bad call, but doing it because of the correct call?!?!?!? Once again, my fellow fans from the Grand Canyon State proving to the rest of the world what a bunch of amateurs we really are.

PKalltheway
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Rockies take game 1, 5-1. Weird ending, though, with Montero oversliding second base and getting tagged out.

manders_01
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Rockies-rockies-rockies!!! :)

DoItForDanPasqua
10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Rockies take game 1, 5-1. Weird ending, though, with Montero oversliding second base and getting tagged out.

Why did Montero even consider going to second on that play? Arizona was down by four. Colorado wouldn't have held him on base. If he wanted to keep out of the force, he could have taken second uncontested on the first pitch.

Huisj
10-11-2007, 11:26 PM
You had to love Craig Sager's bonehead moment when he was talking to Francis after the game. He asked him if it was tough to come back out after the debris delay or if it wrecked his rhythm. Francis kind of looked funny and then said, "well, it's tough to say, I only threw one more pitch after that."

hahaha. Did he even watch the game? Oh that's right, he probably missed it, because he was too busy finding out about the criminals being arrested and taken out of the upper deck for throwing water bottles right about that time.

ode to veeck
10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Arizona in 5 ... folks are still not believing in them and they just know how to win games to spite the sabremetricians and analysts everywhere. That said, if the Rockies get past 'em, I would probably root for them over the Toons and even more so against the Wrong Sox.

MarySwiss
10-12-2007, 08:13 AM
:redface::redface:...me right now...:redface::redface:

What a bunch of tools throwing stuff on the field, due to the ump making the CORRECT call. It's bad enough to do that crap when you get a bad call, but doing it because of the correct call?!?!?!? Once again, my fellow fans from the Grand Canyon State proving to the rest of the world what a bunch of amateurs we really are.

:redface::redface:
Me, too. Not bad enough Arizona fans are being badmouthed all over the place for not supporting the team; these idiots have to make things worse.

This is just going to do wonders for our image. Thanks, jerks! :angry::angry:

Fenway
10-12-2007, 08:33 AM

The Globe sent somebody out yesterday but the Herald still using AP

NLCS NOTEBOOK: Game delayed by unruly crowd (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2007/10/12/game_delayed_by_unruly_crowd)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/File-Based_Image_Resource/dingbat_arrow_icon.gifROCKIES 5, DIAMONDBACKS 1: Rockies keep rolling (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2007/10/12/rockies_keep_the_good_times_rolling)

downstairs
10-12-2007, 09:08 AM
If I were MLB, I would move the rest of the series to Colorado.

No sell out, and those that DID show up acted like that?

Fenway
10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
:redface::redface:
Me, too. Not bad enough Arizona fans are being badmouthed all over the place for not supporting the team; these idiots have to make things worse.

This is just going to do wonders for our image. Thanks, jerks! :angry::angry:

It has started

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoNPkk5Oc9lU95h1QioXe.sQ0bYF?slug=jp-dbacksfans101107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now, on the biggest stage since the Diamondbacks' 2001 World Series championship, the great fans of Phoenix which is creeping up on Atlanta for most pathetic sports city in America couldn't bother to watch their team host a division rival hotter than any team since Oakland won 20 straight in 2002.

The Diamondbacks deserve better than this city.

downstairs
10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
It has started

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoNPkk5Oc9lU95h1QioXe.sQ0bYF?slug=jp-dbacksfans101107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Diamondbacks deserve better than this city.

Contract Arizona and Tampa. Move the Marlins to Las Vegas (and the NL) and be done with it.

Fenway
10-12-2007, 02:28 PM
A Denver writer wonders why Phoenix is such a bad baseball town

He asked around and found

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_5719828,00.html

When I ask Hunt what baseball fans are like here, he says, "Mainly like Cubs fans."

Don't laugh. This is where Chicagoans come to, uh, retire. Or to at least thaw out. When the Cubs played the Diamondbacks in the first round of the playoffs, there were concerns that Chase Field (formerly the BOB) would turn into Wrigley Field southwest.
And yet, even with the lure of the Cubs, the games didn't sell out until game day. They're expecting the games to sell out this time, too - maybe with your help.

FarWestChicago
10-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Canadian Jeff Francis = Austin Stevens. :wink:

AZChiSoxFan
10-12-2007, 05:53 PM

He asked around and found

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_5719828,00.html

First of all, I'm not here to defend fans from Phx (see my first post in this thread). However, for someone from Denver to be ripping on baseball fans in Phx is hilarious. Pot.....meet kettle.

Also, I'm a little tired of people claiming that Colangelo just went out and bought a title in 2001. Obviously, it's not that simple. If you think it is, talk to Steinbrenner and ask him how many years since 2001 he has had the highest payroll and how many titles he's had in that time.

I heard on ESPN the other day that since 2001, the Red Sox in '04 are the only team with a $100M plus payroll to win a WS.

MarySwiss
10-12-2007, 06:17 PM
First of all, I'm not here to defend fans from Phx (see my first post in this thread).

Well, you know what? I AM here to defend fans from Phoenix, seeing as how both you and I ARE fans from Phoenix. And I have been doing a slow burn about this all day.

<Begin rant>Like you, I was embarrassed about that disgusting exhibition of classlessness last night, but I have about had it with clowns like that Denver guy and that other Yahoo jerk.

As a Sox fan, I dislike it intensely when people--make that mediots--keep bringing up Disco Demolition, and talk about the Ligues and that other guy as though they were typical Sox fans. But I don't remember EVER hearing an ENTIRE CITY being excoriated because their playoff games are slow to sell out or a bunch of losers threw stuff on the field.

I went to Game #2 against the Cubs. I decided to skip this series because the ticket prices are more than I care to pay. I did, however, put my name in for the World Series lottery. But I resent the implication that fans aren't fans because they don't want to drop a couple of hundred bucks, leave work, fight traffic, and wake up hungover just to go see a game they can sit home and watch on their big-screen TVs. If I had been at that game yesterday, I would not have been rooting any harder than I was at home.

Every now and then, somebody on this site posts something like, "Well, if you blah-blah-blah, that means you're not a real Sox fan." Like that person gets to make the "real Sox fan" rules. They usually get their asses jumped for doing it. So for the few who are doing it, please stop making the "real D'Backs fan" rules.</rant>

PKalltheway
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Game 2 is really turning into a good pitcher's duel between Ubaldo Jiminez (sp?) and Doug Davis. 1-1 game in the fifth. I've never seen Jiminez pitch before, I didn't know he had that much heat.:o:

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2007, 11:48 PM
2-1 Rockies, moving right along to the 7th inning. :bandance:

Huisj
10-13-2007, 12:10 AM
What a play by Taveras on that deep liner from Tony Clark. When he hit that I thought it was a gapper for sure and would tie the game, and Taveras closed in on it really really fast and dove.

To me this definitely seems like the more interesting series of the two. These teams are fun to watch.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Heading to the bottom of the 9th, Rockies clinging to a 2-1 lead.

Sockinchisox
10-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Byrnes ties it on a groundout/fielders choice, Young was HBP with 2 outs and an 0-2 count, Drew singled softly which advanced Young to 3rd.

Top 10.

I knew one or a couple of these games would go to extras because the NL West plays so many extra inning games it's ridiculous. And the D-Backs and Rockies played A LOT, most of which lasted 13-15 innings.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the update... GameCast had been stuck on the 0-1 pitch to Byrnes for forever.

Sockinchisox
10-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Valverde Ks Holliday and Helton after getting Matsui to pop out.

Bot. 10 time.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Way-o, way-o, Waaaa-aaaaaaay-o, way-o000. Walk that lead run in like an Egyptian... :bandance:

Sockinchisox
10-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Bases loaded walk forces in the go ahead run, 3-2 Rockies.

Valverde never should have started the 11th.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Ballgame... Rockies halfway to the World Series!!! :supernana::supernana::supernana:

SoxSpeed22
10-13-2007, 01:47 AM
And this ballgame is (finally) ovah.
Rockies win 3-2 and Diamondback fans have better enjoyed that, because that will probably be the last home game they have this year.

Frater Perdurabo
10-13-2007, 06:45 AM
This really is amazing. I remember posting in threads in May and June calling for the Sox to raid the Rockies for bullpen reinforcements, because it was "obvious" at the time that the Rockies would be sellers and the Sox just needed a bit of help to contend.
:redface:

I have nothing against the Diamondbacks and I especially enjoy watching Chris Young play ball. It's good to see a player drafted and developed by the Sox perform well. But with all apologies to MarySwiss and the other Arizona fans, I'm pulling for the Rockies.

harwar
10-13-2007, 07:39 AM
This is what happens when snowbirds nest permenantly instead of seasonally.

goofymsfan
10-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Game 2 is really turning into a good pitcher's duel between Ubaldo Jiminez (sp?) and Doug Davis. 1-1 game in the fifth. I've never seen Jiminez pitch before, I didn't know he had that much heat.:o:

I got to see Jiminez pitch when I visited Denver in August. That night, he was less then stellar. He couldn't control anything and got hit pretty hard. Tonight he definitely had better control of things.

wassagstdu
10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
The Rockies and D-backs are fun to watch. Unlike Manny Ramirez and friends and the post-season tribulations of the 25-million-dollar man. The approach of the Rockies and D-backs is the only way to win and be happy about it. The Yankees and Red Sox approach produces more downside for losing than upside for winning. Kind of like the difference between the 2005 Sox and the 2007 Sox: the difference between being thrilled to win and terrified to lose.

I do hope (and firmly believe) that Reinsdorf and Williams are taking notice.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2007, 08:07 AM
The Rockies and D-backs are fun to watch. Unlike Manny Ramirez and friends and the post-season tribulations of the 25-million-dollar man. The approach of the Rockies and D-backs is the only way to win and be happy about it. The Yankees and Red Sox approach produces more downside for losing than upside for winning.Excellent point! :thumbsup:

manders_01
10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
That was an excellent game - quite the nailbiter! The outcome was perfect though! Way to go Rockies!!!

MarySwiss
10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
That was an excellent game - quite the nailbiter! The outcome was perfect though! Way to go Rockies!!!

Well, that sort of depends on your point of view, Manders. I was hoping for a slightly different ending! :wink:

Fenway
10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, that sort of depends on your point of view, Manders. I was hoping for a slightly different ending! :wink:

Mary it looks like I will be going to Colorado now...

but come early February the Bostonians will arrive in the valley :D:

MarySwiss
10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Mary it looks like I will be going to Colorado now...

but come early February the Bostonians will arrive in the valley :D:

Covering the FBR Open, are you? :cool:

Fenway
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Covering the FBR Open, are you? :cool:

not exactly :smile:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0823/csmimg/0823p12a.jpg

MarySwiss
10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
not exactly :smile:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0823/csmimg/0823p12a.jpg

Now I'm REALLY confused. Why would they send you to cover a rematch of last year's Super Bowl? :tongue:

manders_01
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM

LOL - of course! How bout "my" perfect ending!

Seriously though, I don't think there can be a true baseball fan out there who isn't enjoying this series.

MarySwiss
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
LOL - of course! How bout "my" perfect ending!

Seriously though, I don't think there can be a true baseball fan out there who isn't enjoying this series.

I'd agree, if not for that stupid fan incident in Game 1 that we'll probably all be hearing about forever.

I am glad of two things though; the D'Backs are only my second-favorite team, and I don't hate the Rockies. If it were the White Sox down by two to the Twins, I'd be extremely depressed right about now.

manders_01
10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Alright - just about 3 hours to go. Who's getting pumped?

So it's pretty chilly here and the rain hasn't really subsided (although it's mostly a drizzle). Feels like a typical fall day at home! :)

MarySwiss
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Holy crap! Will somebody please muzzle this "Frank" guy? Soon.

And, oh goody, Chip Carey!! :puking:

Edit: I don't mean Frank Thomas; I mean the annoying commercial Frank.

MarySwiss
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Rockies 1-D'Backs 0. :angry:

I truly hope that my friend Manders isn't at this game because I am just ***** enough to wish all Rockies fans in attendance a nasty head cold.

Unless we come back and win, of course!

itsnotrequired
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM

Frank's in charge of the show...like Charles was in charge of those kids.

RadioheadRocks
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Frank's in charge of the show...like Charles was in charge of those kids.

...and in charge of our days and our nights... :D:

palehozenychicty
10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Torrealba with a 3-run bomb. Purple haze 4-1. If they were playing in Beantown, no way would this game be going. The rain has been pouring ALL game, and there's been no hint of a stoppage. Ridiculous. Yeah, Uncle Bud etc. should be ashamed. But we know that he doesn't give a damn.

RadioheadRocks
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
... If they were playing in Beantown, no way would this game be going. The rain has been pouring ALL game, and there's been no hint of a stoppage. Ridiculous. Yeah, Uncle Bud etc. should be ashamed. But we know that he doesn't give a damn.

"Upon us all a little rain must fall..."

thomas35forever
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
One more game to the WS! This team is on a ****ing blaze.

RadioheadRocks
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
The Rockies are TASTING it! :supernana::supernana::supernana:

palehozenychicty
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
"Upon us all a little rain must fall..."

One more game to the WS! This team is on a ****ing blaze.

They are unbelievable. I haven't watched a team bring this much joy since the 05 sox. in fact, the rockies are giving me belief that the sox will do it again!

:bandance:

FedEx227
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I know we were hot going into and going through the playoffs, but the Rockies are showing us up. They were nothing 2 months ago and are now one game away from the World Series.

manders_01
10-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Rockies 1-D'Backs 0. :angry:

I truly hope that my friend Manders isn't at this game because I am just ***** enough to wish all Rockies fans in attendance a nasty head cold.

Unless we come back and win, of course!

LMAO - I was in fact at the game. Sopping wet and a bit cold but it was well worth it!

And mother nature beat you to giving me a cold - sitting in the rain and cold surely didn't help!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!! Let's go Rox!!!

manders_01
10-14-2007, 11:40 PM

I saw Big Frank!!! And the rest of the broadcast team. He was of course the most exciting siteing (sp?). I'll try to post my pic tomorrow. I was with another Sox fan and we were cheering at him like crazy when we walked out - did you hear us? LOL :D

captainclutch24
10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Go Rockies!

Fenway
10-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Rockies facing same problem as Tigers last year over a week off as the Series starts on the 24th.

MarySwiss
10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
LMAO - I was in fact at the game. Sopping wet and a bit cold but it was well worth it!

And mother nature beat you to giving me a cold - sitting in the rain and cold surely didn't help!

I saw Big Frank!!! And the rest of the broadcast team. He was of course the most exciting siteing (sp?). I'll try to post my pic tomorrow. I was with another Sox fan and we were cheering at him like crazy when we walked out - did you hear us? LOL :D

Sorry about the cold. I think Big Frank is doing a good job. Must've been quite a thrill to see him there.

I'm glad for you that your team won, but that won't stop me from hoping the D'Backs can pull off what looks like a nearly impossible task.

Go D'Backs!!!

Fenway
10-15-2007, 08:57 AM

As I said earlier Manders the Rockies are facing a NINE day layoff if they win tonight. We saw last year how badly that hurt the Tigers.

palehozenychicty
10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
As I said earlier Manders the Rockies are facing a NINE day layoff if they win tonight. We saw last year how badly that hurt the Tigers.

Last year is last year. Worry about this year. Different teams, and different opponents. Detroit threw itself down the drain with poor execution.

manders_01
10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Last year is last year. Worry about this year. Different teams, and different opponents. Detroit threw itself down the drain with poor execution.

I'm going to have to second that. The big worry was that the 4 day break between NLDS & NLCS was going to play a huge factor. Sorry, but I don't see it. Yeah, these have been low scoring games but I think that's more of a reflection on the teams being fairly evenly matched and not time off.

Yeah, based on interviews during the last break, they don't want too long of a break. But their break time in not their number one focus and in the grand scheme of playoff baseball, it seems the Rockies have had their priority as one game at a time.

manders_01
10-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry about the cold. I think Big Frank is doing a good job. Must've been quite a thrill to see him there.

I'm glad for you that your team won, but that won't stop me from hoping the D'Backs can pull off what looks like a nearly impossible task.

Go D'Backs!!!

If you stopped rooting for the D'Backs I'd be distressed! Even though they are our number 2 teams, my love for them runs almost as deep as my love for the Sox. I'm guessing yours might too. :D:

HomeFish
10-15-2007, 10:45 AM
How long did the 2005 White Sox have to wait between the ALCS and the World Series?

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
How long did the 2005 White Sox have to wait between the ALCS and the World Series?

Six days (October 16 to October 22).

manders_01
10-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Sunday the 16th was their win against the Angels; Saturday the 22nd was their first game with the Astros.

Fenway
10-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I figure Red Sox-Indians will end sometime early next Monday morning when J.D. Drew homers in the bottom of the 15th to win it. :smile:

palehozenychicty
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I figure Red Sox-Indians will end sometime early next Monday morning when J.D. Drew homers in the bottom of the 15th to win it. :smile:

Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

HomeFish
10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Not a fan of pinch-hitting for Morales in the 4th inning with 2 outs.

ilsox7
10-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Couldn't have thrown it out there any better!

thomas35forever
10-15-2007, 10:57 PM
The Rockies are a team of destiny, but I'm sure we knew that already.:D:

PKalltheway
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Talk about a team getting breaks...I guess that's what happens when you're hot during the postseason!:D:

PKalltheway
10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Matsui singles, 3-1 Colorado!

HomeFish
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Not a fan of pinch-hitting for Morales in the 4th inning with 2 outs.

Yeah, this is why nobody has hired me to manage a team in MLB.

RadioheadRocks
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
6-1 Rockies! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

gogosox16
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Lol. lucky. Everything that the Rockies do right now pay off. bloop double.

PKalltheway
10-15-2007, 11:09 PM
:o: Unreal, 6 runs with 2 out

gogosox16
10-15-2007, 11:10 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:Matt Holliday you are rediculous! MVP:bandance:

PKalltheway
10-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Cruz walks Helton with 2 outs, the D'Backs are crumbling right before our eyes...

DSpivack
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Has there ever been a team hotter than the Rockies currently are?

Johnny Mostil
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM

Me neither, 'cuz I had the same thought. As one of the announcers (can't remember whom) said, the Rox ought to spend the week off in Vegas. Good team, obviously, but wow . . .

Hendu
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
That error really killed the D-Backs. After that, you just knew bad things were coming. Could have been out of the inning down 2-1, but find themselves down by 5.

I'm off to bed. Won't get to see the Rockies celebrate.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I think that this Colorado team is not going to fare well against the AL champs. Both teams are very solid, deep teams.

hi im skot
10-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Whoops.

Palehose Pete
10-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow, that shot just scraped past the foul pole. Now I guess we know why Fuentes was moved from the closer's role to set up.

thomas35forever
10-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Getting interesting.

gogosox16
10-16-2007, 12:23 AM
somewhat like 2004 alcs in the making? I sure hope not

RadioheadRocks
10-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Got out of it holding a two-run lead. How about some insurance in the bottom frame then three quick outs to seal the deal???!!!

thomas35forever
10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I think that this Colorado team is not going to fare well against the AL champs. Both teams are very solid, deep teams.
But what about last year's Cardinals??!!

gogosox16
10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
But what about last year's Cardinals??!!
Pitchers fielding practice.

RadioheadRocks
10-16-2007, 12:26 AM

You know what they say about things that look good on paper...

oeo
10-16-2007, 12:37 AM
That was an incredibly stupid move by Bob Melvin.

thomas35forever
10-16-2007, 12:39 AM
The Rockies win their first-ever pennant!:supernana:

DoItForDanPasqua
The fine for Drew popping up that 3-0 pitch should be in the millions.

captainclutch24
Rockies To The World Series!

oeo
Congrats to the Rockies...keep it going.

RadioheadRocks
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
:supernana::bandance::supernana::bandance::superna na::bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana:

RadioheadRocks
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
BROOM shakka-lakka!

thomas35forever
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Helton looks on the verge of tears. Can't feel happier for anyone more than him.

DSpivack
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Todd Helton being interviewed, he deserves it more than anyone.

Rockies first team in wild card era to enter World Series without a postseason loss.

EDIT: '76 Reds only team in divisional era without a postseason loss.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM
First ever pennant for the Rockies.

The Dude
10-16-2007, 12:45 AM
GO Rockies! Win this damn thing!

oeo
The fine for Drew popping up that 3-0 pitch should be in the millions.

Bob Melvin gave him the green light...he's the one who should be fined. That was stupid, stupid, stupid. Stephen Drew may become a hell of a hitter someday, but right now he's still just a rookie. Melvin put way too much confidence in him there.

The Dude
Could Chip Carey sound any more bored while going through the motions of giving congrats to the Rockies???:rolleyes:

oeo
10-16-2007, 12:46 AM
GO Rockies! Win this damn thing!

:ozzie

Don't just be happy to be here...win dis ding, win dis ding.

ilsox7
10-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Could Chip Carey sound any more bored while going through the motions of giving congrats to the Rockies???:rolleyes:

He could sound like Joe Buck . . .

It's Time
10-16-2007, 12:59 AM
No doubt a team of destiny. I mean, 21 of 22,:o: had to win a one game playoff VS the Padres that went extra innings and had to rally against Trevor Hoffman after falling behind by two in the top half of the inning.

Then they blitz through the NLDS and NLCS going 7-0. Just when you think Baseball can't produce anymore miracles, the 07 Rockies go on a run we may NEVER SEE AGAIN.:o:

WOW!!

Palehose Pete
10-16-2007, 01:24 AM
All that celebrating at Coors makes me wonder what it would have been like if the Sox won any of their final games at home.

Oh well. Congrats to the Rockies and their fans. :gulp:

Soxfanspcu11
10-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Bob Melvin gave him the green light...he's the one who should be fined. That was stupid, stupid, stupid. Stephen Drew may become a hell of a hitter someday, but right now he's still just a rookie. Melvin put way too much confidence in him there.

Couldn't agree more! What on Earth was he thinking?!?!? A 3-0 count??? I guess he was thinking that with a 3-0 count, Drew would be getting a BP fastball, and maybe go yard, that's all I can think. But still, in that situation, Drew should have been taking ALL THE WAY. Maybe even taking 2 pitches. A HORRENDOUS call by Bob Melvin. Reporters should be giving him the business for that crap.

Chip Carey is a disaster piece. I don't know how he get's the gig of calling ANY Mlb game, let alone the NLCS or ALCS. I don't know how ANYONE could like him. He just flat out SUCKS! I guess some people think that he has a "voice for TV" or whatever, but I think that he has a voice for a smooth jazz radio station, particuarly during the hours of 1-7 AM, when people wish to sleep.

No doubt a team of destiny. I mean, 21 of 22,:o: had to win a one game playoff VS the Padres that went extra innings and had to rally against Trevor Hoffman after falling behind by two in the top half of the inning.

Then they blitz through the NLDS and NLCS going 7-0. Just when you think Baseball can't produce anymore miracles, the 07 Rockies go on a run we may NEVER SEE AGAIN.:o:

WOW!!

I agree that what they have done is amazing, but I have never been a fan of the whole, "Team of Destiny" thing.

Probably just because I can't even count how many times I heard the 1992-93 Phoenix Suns being referred to a "team of destiny" :rolleyes:. And we all know what their "destiny" was!:D:

All that being said, The Rockies are just CRAZY!!!!! I don't know where the hell this came from!!!!!

Anybody else remember that game from back in like late August or something when the Rockies played the scrubs at the urinal??

The scrubs were winning all game, and then the Rockies scored something like 9 runs in the top of the 9th to take the lead. And then Fuentes came in and blew the game, and the scrubs went nuts celebrating, like they had just won the World Series?? That was pretty much the start of the "Cubbie Mania":rolleyes:

HAHAHA, ahhh, that gave me a laugh.:bandance::gulp:

PKalltheway
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Although I fell asleep around 12:30 EST, I would like to congratulate the Rockies on winning the NL championship!:D::bandance:

I don't know how they'll fare against the AL, but when you're this hot...unreal...:o::D:

Fenway
10-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Although I fell asleep around 12:30 EST, I would like to congratulate the Rockies on winning the NL championship!:D::bandance:

I don't know how they'll fare against the AL, but when you're this hot...unreal...:o::D:

Let us see if they can stay hot with 8 days off with hopefully their next game at Fenway Park a week from tomorrow.

manders_01
10-16-2007, 10:22 AM
ROCKIES!!! :supernana::supernana::supernana:

This has been an amazing ride! These postseason games have been the most exciting sporting events I've ever been first-hand witness to. These guys are the epitome of class.

Let's win four more!!!

Fenway
10-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Congrats Rockies see you in Boston next week ( I hope )

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_DP.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
The Denver Post (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Denver, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_RMN.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Rocky Mountain News (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Denver, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_GT.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Greeley Tribune (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Greeley, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_ADSE.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Aurora Sentinel (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Aurora, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_TG.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
The Gazette (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Colorado Springs, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

AZChiSoxFan
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Congrats Rockies see you in Boston next week ( I hope )

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_DP.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
The Denver Post (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Denver, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_DP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_RMN.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Rocky Mountain News (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Denver, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_RMN&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_GT.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Greeley Tribune (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Greeley, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_GT&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_ADSE.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Aurora Sentinel (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Aurora, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_ADSE&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/CO_TG.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
The Gazette (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)
Colorado Springs, Colo. (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=CO_TG&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=2)

What? You didn't want to post the front page from the Pueblo Post Gazette (or whatever their paper is called)? Come on Fens, get with it. :wink:

Fenway
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
What? You didn't want to post the front page from the Pueblo Post Gazette (or whatever their paper is called)? Come on Fens, get with it. :wink:

not available :smile:

BTW
http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg16/sm/AZ_AR.jpg (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=AZ_AR&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=1)
The Arizona Republic
Phoenix, Ariz (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=AZ_AR&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=1)

HomeFish
10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm seeing a ton of Rockies gear here in Cambridge. Not a single Diamondbacks hat, though.