PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the last to leave?

Noneck
10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Which current Sox player from the 05 World Series Roster will be the last to leave the Sox?

ShoelessJoeS
10-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Bobby Jenks or Mark Buehrle

nccwsfan
10-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Mark Buehrle

sox1970
10-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Uribe

CWSpalehoseCWS
10-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Jenks over Buehrle just because he's so cheap still.

WhiteSoxJunkie
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
I think Konerko will be here for most of, if not the rest of, his career. I can see Jenks being here the 2nd longest since he is still young, but the way the bullpen keeps changing, it's kinda hard to say he will be here the longest.

thomas35forever
10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Jenks' arm will probably give out eventually. Konerko is the only player on our active roster that was here during the turn of the century. I hope Buehrle will still be on the roster by the time I graduate college. Ten years is asking for a little much these days.

Gammons Peter
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I think Konerko will be here for most of, if not the rest of, his career. I can see Jenks being here the 2nd longest since he is still young, but the way the bullpen keeps changing, it's kinda hard to say he will be here the longest.

I see Paulie getting dealt this offseason

WhiteSox5187
10-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I think both Paulie and AJ will finish their careers with the White Sox, but that might be relatively soon (the next five years or so). I HOPE that Buerhle and Jenks do too, and because they are younger I think they will be around longer. I also think Buerhle has more longetivity than Jenks.

palehozenychicty
10-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Honestly, it would not shock me at all. KW always trades the unexpected. :D:

PKalltheway
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd say Buehrle is the last to leave. Hopefully, he'll spend his whole career with the Sox.

Frontman
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Agreed. Depending on who the Sox get for the outfield, I can see them moving Josh Fields to first and trading Paul; as he'll be 10/5 by June of next year.

As far as the last to go, I'd say Mark. I get the feeling he wants to begin and end his career here.

jenn2080
10-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Buehrle or AJ

Hitmen77
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
If we reacquire Rowand and he stays here for a long time, could he possibly get the distinction of being the first to leave and the last to leave?

Frater Perdurabo
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Buehrle - NTC and the fact that he's signed through 2011.

JB98
10-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Buehrle - NTC and the fact that he's signed through 2011.

I agree. Neither Buehrle nor Jenks will be a free agent until after the 2011 season. It has to be one of those two.

Frater Perdurabo
10-11-2007, 07:03 AM
I agree. Neither Buehrle nor Jenks will be a free agent until after the 2011 season. It has to be one of those two.

Obviously I don't wish this on anyone, but Buehrle is much less likely than Jenks to blow out his arm/shoulder/elbow.

I hope that both Buehrle and Jenks are still pitching with the Sox in 2020.

guillen4life13
10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Obviously I don't wish this on anyone, but Buehrle is much less likely than Jenks to blow out his arm/shoulder/elbow.

I hope that both Buehrle and Jenks are still pitching effectively with the Sox in 2020.

I'd rather they retire before they are mediocre players, or as a second option, they are in different uniforms by the time they reach age based mediocrity. I personally think Buehrle will be around and still effective in 2020 though his career will be in its twilight.

jabrch
10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Beuhrle is going to pitch in STL when he is a FA. That's what the media told me.

russ99
10-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Beuhrle is going to pitch in STL when he is a FA. That's what the media told me.

I'm going with A.J.

Good catchers are hard to find, and A.J. wants to be here, the Sox want him and nobody else likes him! :D: I could see A.J. finishing out his career here.

Konerko and Buehrle are next in line, but in a year or two they could possibly be dealt.

Noneck
10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
The reason I started this poll was because I thought it would be neck and neck between Buehrle, Jenks and Konerko, with A.J. close behind. I really am kinda shocked by the results. If the poll was who would be oldest when they retired, I'd figure Burls would get those numbers considering he could be like Kenny Rogers or Jamie Moyer.

oeo
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM

I hope that both Buehrle and Jenks are still pitching with the Sox in 2020.

Buehrle has already stated that he will not play that long. When asked if he would reach 300 wins, he said he wouldn't play long enough to get there.

I can almost guarantee, unless some miracle happens where I win 50 starts a year, I don't see me doing it. Unless I start pitching every two or three days and getting every win, that's about the only way I would get to 300 wins.

I think Buehrle will be with the White Sox the rest of his career. Based on his comments, that's probably only one, maybe two, more contract(s) after the current one ends.

Frater Perdurabo
10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Buehrle has already stated that he will not play that long. When asked if he would reach 300 wins, he said he wouldn't play long enough to get there.

I think Buehrle will be with the White Sox the rest of his career. Based on his comments, that's probably only one, maybe two, more contract(s) after the current one ends.

If the Sox have a several more crappy seasons and therefore low win totals for Buehrle (leads given up after he leaves the game, blown saves, little run support), I definitely can see him deciding to hang it up well before 300 wins. But if he strings together some 16-18 win seasons and gets to about 200 wins sometime around 2013 or so, I think he might change his mind and decide to go for 300.

skobabe8
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Burls. I was thinking Jenks because he's so young, but Mark isnt exactly an old man. Plus, soft tossing lefties can last forever.

slavko
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm going with A.J.

Good catchers are hard to find, and A.J. wants to be here, the Sox want him and nobody else likes him! :D: I could see A.J. finishing out his career here.

Konerko and Buehrle are next in line, but in a year or two they could possibly be dealt.

I see AJ here after his playing days are over. The man knows baseball. Konerko may have played his last game here.