PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Low NLCS Ticket prices

comiskey2000
10-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Out of curiosity I looked at NLCS ticket prices on stubhub and was shocked to see how low the prices were for games in Colorado. UD seats were at low as $20. Decent UD seats are only $50. Obviously prices are sky high for games in Boston. The same would be true for New York or Chicago. I guess Denver is just a smaller market, but boy it would be great to be a Rockies fan right about now.

DumpJerry
10-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Denver is the housing foreclosure capital of the United States right. Translation: the local economy is in the toilet. There's not a lot of disposable income there.

CLR01
10-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Denver is the housing foreclosure capital of the United States right. Translation: the local economy is in the toilet. There's not a lot of disposable income there.

If they're not paying their mortgages then they should have plenty of money to throw around. Man, they are quick to jump off the bandwagon in Denver.

gobears1987
10-10-2007, 01:27 AM
If they're not paying their mortgages then they should have plenty of money to throw around. Man, they are quick to jump off the bandwagon in Denver.
I feel really bad for laughing at that comment.:o:

michned
10-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Out of curiosity I looked at NLCS ticket prices on stubhub and was shocked to see how low the prices were for games in Colorado. UD seats were at low as $20. Decent UD seats are only $50. Obviously prices are sky high for games in Boston. The same would be true for New York or Chicago. I guess Denver is just a smaller market, but boy it would be great to be a Rockies fan right about now.

It's the same scenario in Phoenix. And actually, the games aren't even sold out yet at Chase. All the people on StubHub selling cheap seat tickets are selling under face value. I picked up a pair for Game 2, with a face of $64 each for $25 each yesterday. They are upper deck, but right behind home plate, so not too bad.

Also, there is a slight chance I won't be able to make it to the game Friday, so I may be looking to donate these to one of the Arizona people here.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 10:26 AM

Being curious, a skeptic and having spent face value plus online fees on my tickets, I went to check things out.

Game 3 and 4 (home games 1 and 2) only had 5 listings - that were not auctions - that the ticket price was within $10 of face value. The rest started at double.

Game 5 had plenty of posting within $10 but that just tells me that Rockies fans think they'll sweep. :D:

manders_01
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
It's the same scenario in Phoenix. And actually, the games aren't even sold out yet at Chase. All the people on StubHub selling cheap seat tickets are selling under face value. I picked up a pair for Game 2, with a face of $64 each for $25 each yesterday. They are upper deck, but right behind home plate, so not too bad.

Also, there is a slight chance I won't be able to make it to the game Friday, so I may be looking to donate these to one of the Arizona people here.

They have been saying on the news that there are aproximately 8,000 tickets available. I think it's propaganda to get Rockies fans in AZ! :tongue:

Fenway
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
They have been saying on the news that there are aproximately 8,000 tickets available. I think it's propaganda to get Rockies fans in AZ! :tongue:

The D-Backs site just offered me decent box seats between home and third.....

The TV ratings for the NLCS will be the worst of all time

AZChiSoxFan
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Shoot me a PM if you can't make it Friday. I'd be more than happy to work out a deal with you.