PDA

View Full Version : Which of the 4 remaining teams are you pulling for the rest of the way?

chisoxfanatic
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Now that half the teams are gone, who are you NOW pulling for to win it all?

chisoxfanatic
10-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry, Mary; but, I have to pull for Colorado here. I have family there who like the Rockies; in fact, my oldest cousin is a huge Rockies fan. Plus, Colorado/Denver fans seem pretty cool, the ones I've met.

White_Sock
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Injuns - the toughest division in baseball should get the trophy, even if I dislike the representative.

kevin57
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
I dislike the Indians, too (or more precisely their fans), but I'm pulling for them:

1) I'm an AL guy and the thought of another Sawk championship makes me :puking:

2) The further Cleveland goes into the post-season, the less of a contender they'll be next year, that is, one less team for us to climb over.

DSpivack
10-10-2007, 12:18 AM
1a. Colorado.
1b. Arizona.

9x. Cleveland.

99z. Boston.

Nellie_Fox
10-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Cleveland. I've always been an AL fan, and always will be. I couldn't stand another Red Sox championship.

For the life of me, I don't know where so many of you have gotten the idea that going far in the playoffs will wipe out a team for next year. Do you really think that pitching two or three more starts will be more than can be overcome by three months of rest?

LITTLE NELL
10-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Anybody but Boston.

Oblong
10-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Rockies with the Indians a distant second. After those two, I don't really care.

I'd like to see us go 8 straight years with a different champ. By my calculations, the "record" is 10, 1978-1987.

johnr1note
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I agree with other sentiments posted here -- I am an AL fan, and always pull for the AL in the Series. The Red Sox and their "Cub-like" RedSox Nation, self-obsessed, self-righteous fan base are just too hard to take, and make them my LEAST favorite AL club. The Indians are the obvious choice, and have a good club.

That being said, the Rockies have to be the feel-good story of the 2007 season. I hope they at least win the NL pennant.

champagne030
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
1. Jndians
2. Colorado
3. Arizona

I have always rooted for the AL unless Boston or Minnesota is the representative. I would only root for those teams if the opponent was, God forbid, the Scrubs.

sox1970
10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm rooting for good baseball.

Fenway
10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
If Cleveland beats us I will root for them.

But that is NOT going to happen :D:

SBSoxFan
10-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Cleveland. I've always been an AL fan, and always will be. I couldn't stand another Red Sox championship.

For the life of me, I don't know where so many of you have gotten the idea that going far in the playoffs will wipe out a team for next year. Do you really think that pitching two or three more starts will be more than can be overcome by three months of rest?

Something did cause a drop in performance in pitching for both the '06 Sox and the '07 Tigers. Maybe it was the extra month of playing time while being the only game in town. I don't know.

Having said that, I love the underdog, so I'm rooting for the Rockies. Although, I won't be able to watch them until the World Series, if they get that far. :angry:

chisoxmike
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Rockin' Rockies in Roxtober.

:redneck

Chez
10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Red Sox. My wife is from Boston. I need to preserve domestic tranquility.

oeo
10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Injuns - the toughest division in baseball should get the trophy, even if I dislike the representative.

The AL Central is the toughest division? :?:

It was overrated from the start, and I see that it still is by some.

mrs. hendu
10-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Colorado. I also hope Red Sox are out ASAP.

ShoelessJoeS
10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I hope Cleveland sweeps Boston, but then loses in a close Series to the Rockies.

WhiteSoxJunkie
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I always like to root for teams that have gone the longest without winning (with the exception of the Cubs). So that comes down to either Colorado or Cleveland. I'd like to see both teams win but I have a slight favor towards the Rockies just because they are on an amazing run that nobody saw coming.

palehozenychicty
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Purple Haze, baby! :D:

AZChiSoxFan
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
1. Jndians
2. Colorado
3. Arizona

I have always rooted for the AL unless Boston or Minnesota is the representative. I would only root for those teams if the opponent was, God forbid, the Scrubs.

Just curious, why would you cheer for the Tribe, but not Minn?

champagne030
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Just curious, why would you cheer for the Tribe, but not Minn?

The Dome, the homer hanky, Dan Gladden and many others. I didn't gain my strong dislike of them until 1987. They went to the playoffs despite being 23 games under .500 on the road. They won two World Series titles while never winning one game on the road in either series. I feel they never would have won **** if they didn't play in that sorry excuse for a ballpark.

AZChiSoxFan
10-10-2007, 02:43 PM
. They won two World Series titles while never winning one game on the road in either series. I feel they never would have won **** if they didn't play in that sorry excuse for a ballpark.

Good point. I had forgotten that.

asindc
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
The Dome, the homer hanky, Dan Gladden and many others. I didn't gain my strong dislike of them until 1987. They went to the playoffs despite being 23 games under .500 on the road. They won two World Series titles while never winning one game on the road in either series. I feel they never would have won **** if they didn't play in that sorry excuse for a ballpark.

Exactly what he said. The Twinkees have been baseball's version of the Vikings (cold-weather stadium... not their fault, but it's why they kept winning the NFC) and the Broncos (high-altitude). Actually, it's worse, since the Twinkees envrirons are man-made and could have been avoided.

Back to the topic...

Cleveland, and then the Rocks. Went to a game at Coors last year. Second best venue I've been to (Camden is still the gold standard). Rockies fans were very congratulatory about the Sox in 2005 (I had on my Dye home jersey). If not one of those two teams,...:rolleyes:

PKalltheway
10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Go Rockies!:D:

Hitmen77
10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
1a. Colorado.
1b. Arizona.

9x. Cleveland.

99z. Boston.

I completely agree.

RockyMtnSoxFan
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
1a. Colorado.
1b. Arizona.

9x. Cleveland.

99z. Boston.

I concur. I became a Sox (and baseball) fan in the mid '90's just before the strike, so I have always hated the Indians for beating us in the late '90's and for Albert Belle. And I hate Manny and the overhyped Red Sawx, so NL it is.

VenturaFan23
10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Anybody BUT the Red Sox

DSpivack
10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I concur. I became a Sox (and baseball) fan in the mid '90's just before the strike, so I have always hated the Indians for beating us in the late '90's and for Albert Belle. And I hate Manny and the overhyped Red Sawx, so NL it is.

I've always hated the Indians, especially so since I grew up with baseball in the 90s. My dislike of the Red Sox is only something that has happened in the last 5 or so years, because of the rampant hype and media obnoxiousness that they get for no real reason. I was rather indifferent to them in the early and mid 90s. It's amazing how much that franchise has changed.

RockyMtnSoxFan
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I've always hated the Indians, especially so since I grew up with baseball in the 90s. My dislike of the Red Sox is only something that has happened in the last 5 or so years, because of the rampant hype and media obnoxiousness that they get for no real reason. I was rather indifferent to them in the early and mid 90s. It's amazing how much that franchise has changed.

That's how I feel of the Red Sox too. And it's not just the media; I can go to a July game here in Denver and see about 10% of the people wearing Red Sox paraphernalia and being obnoxious (another 10% are in Cubs gear). To me, Manny symbolizes their arrogance. When he hit those two home runs in the ALDS and did his strut toward first base, I could have puked.

DSpivack
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
That's how I feel of the Red Sox too. And it's not just the media; I can go to a July game here in Denver and see about 10% of the people wearing Red Sox paraphernalia and being obnoxious (another 10% are in Cubs gear). To me, Manny symbolizes their arrogance. When he hit those two home runs in the ALDS and did his strut toward first base, I could have puked.

While I don't like Manny's persona, he is one heck of a hitter.

HomeFish
10-12-2007, 12:57 AM
I guess there are two schools of thought on this. One says that you should cheer for the team that comes out of your division. The other says that you cheer against your division rivals.

I fall into the latter group. For some reason, I tolerate the Tigers (not sure why), but I make it a point to cheer against any other non-Sox team that comes out of this division.

SOXSINCE'70
10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
I was rooting for the D-Backs (thank you,Chris Young,for eliminating
the lovable losers),but after watching their fans throw water bottles
on the field last night (not cool),I'm switching to the Rox.

BPNumber19
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Even though they're arch rivals, I'll root for them since the Red Sox are similar to the Yankees with their idiotic contracts and bloated payrolls and I always root for the AL in the Series.

chisoxmike
10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Even though they're arch rivals, I'll root for them since the Red Sox are similar to the Yankees with their idiotic contracts and bloated payrolls and I always root for the AL in the Series.

I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. Not a AL Central fan.

Rockies all the way!

Nellie_Fox
10-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I don't like the NL.

I don't like the wild card.

I don't like the Red Sox.

So, Cleveland it is.:tongue:

Grzegorz
10-17-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't like the NL.

I don't like the wild card.

I don't like the Red Sox.

So, Cleveland it is.

Like he said... Go Tribe!

Frater Perdurabo
10-17-2007, 07:11 AM
I want a seven-game World Series between the Rockies and Indians. I want all the games to go extra innings. Once those two are achieved, I guess I'd want the Rockies to win because too many Cleveland fans are putzes, but I'm more interested in the Indians simply being exhausted going into 2008.
:cool: