PDA

View Full Version : World Series Tickets

manders_01
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay - looking ahead a bit, I know...

WS tickets go on sale on Monday at 10 AM (my time). I'm wondering if I have a better chance of getting the "reasonably" priced tickets if I am in line with the lottery system or online? I hate paying the online fees but even with the fees, the most inexpensive tickets are still "reasonable".

I was not fortunate to be living in Chicago in 05 but many of you were so tell me what you remember. :D:

chisoxfanatic
10-09-2007, 09:05 PM
It's too bad that one of your avenues is no longer available. A friend of mine called a Ticketmaster agent in San Diego to get her Game 1 ticket. No longer is that possible. All calls for a specific event are fielded by the same place.

I would think that either method would be rather difficult. I can tell you that I think it would be easier to get those tickets if Boston weren't involved.

MarySwiss
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM

WS tickets go on sale on Monday at 10 AM (my time). I'm wondering if I have a better chance of getting the "reasonably" priced tickets if I am in line with the lottery system or online? I hate paying the online fees but even with the fees, the most inexpensive tickets are still "reasonable".

I was not fortunate to be living in Chicago in 05 but many of you were so tell me what you remember. :D:

Manders: Where did you hear this? If you're sure it's from a reputable source, fine. But it seems a tad premature, so I'd be careful to make sure it isn't some kind of scam. Since I subscribe to MLB.TV, I get pre-sale e-mails from the D'Backs, and I haven't gotten one yet.

manders_01
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Manders: Where did you hear this? If you're sure it's from a reputable source, fine. But it seems a tad premature, so I'd be careful to make sure it isn't some kind of scam. Since I subscribe to MLB.TV, I get pre-sale e-mails from the D'Backs, and I haven't gotten one yet.

It's on the Rockies website.

I've been checking it all day cause I missed the first 2 days of NLCS sales and don't have the greatest seats. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
It's too bad that one of your avenues is no longer available. A friend of mine called a Ticketmaster agent in San Diego to get her Game 1 ticket. No longer is that possible. All calls for a specific event are fielded by the same place.

I would think that either method would be rather difficult. I can tell you that I think it would be easier to get those tickets if Boston weren't involved.

It's not?! Well, that just proves that for me personally, all of the incredible success I had in getting tickets for one game in each series was fate and my Sox fan grandpas were definitely looking out for me from above. :smile:

MarySwiss
10-09-2007, 09:56 PM

It's on the Rockies website.

I've been checking it all day cause I missed the first 2 days of NLCS sales and don't have the greatest seats. :D:

Okay. I think it all depends on the team's policy toward the lottery system. If all tickets go on sale everywhere at a given time, you are--IMO--usually better off ordering online. Here's why:

Say you do the lottery thing. You usually have to stand in line to get a wristband. Then you stand in line to find out where you are in line. Your line starts at the same time as other lines--and as the online folks. Credit the online folks who signed on about 1 minute prior (excuse the expression!) to the sale time.

Anyway, good luck!

manders_01
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Say you do the lottery thing. You usually have to stand in line to get a wristband. Then you stand in line to find out where you are in line. Your line starts at the same time as other lines--and as the online folks. Credit the online folks who signed on about 1 minute prior (excuse the expression!) to the sale time.

I was kinda thinking that way as well. But another thread a few weeks back discussing the hassles of online ticket sales (Ticketmaster, Tickets.com) got me a little worried. Granted I bought my NCLS tix online and save for the fees, it was a breeze.

Most of all, the Rox need to get there!

DumpJerry
10-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I can tell you that I think it would be easier to get those tickets if Boston weren't involved.
You do? This would be the Rockies' first time in the World Series. They could be playing the Little League team which plays at the park on my street and the tickets will be gone in a New York Minute.

We did not play Boston in the '05 World Series and yet tickets were snatched up pretty quickly and we "resold" for a pretty good premium.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
We did not play Boston in the '05 World Series and yet tickets were snatched up pretty quickly and we "resold" for a pretty good premium.

I was a little surprised that there is a 4 ticket limit (compared to 16 for the LDS & LCS). Although it certainly won't stop the reselling at premium, it seems to me it would help.

DumpJerry
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I was a little surprised that there is a 4 ticket limit (compared to 16 for the LDS & LCS). Although it certainly won't stop the reselling at premium, it seems to me it would help.
MLB grabs up a bunch of tickets for their own use in the World Series. After season ticket holders get their tickets, there is not much left for the general public.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 12:22 AM
MLB grabs up a bunch of tickets for their own use in the World Series. After season ticket holders get their tickets, there is not much left for the general public.

Ahhhh - that makes sense. Gotta have plenty of seats for the stars of K-Ville!

DumpJerry
10-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Ahhhh - that makes sense. Gotta have plenty of seats for the stars of K-Ville!
Remember when Uribe flew into the stands to make the second out of the bottom of the 9th in Game 4? Remember how the fans sitting there all got the hell out of the way and did not interfere? Didn't that fact strike you as odd? The reason why they all backed off was those were MLB seats and they were MLB people, not Astros' fans. Astro fans would have fought Uribe for the ball. Wouldn't blame them. Nobody wanted to be a jerk and lose the hope of front row World Series tickets in the future.

manders_01
10-10-2007, 12:28 AM
But it seems a tad premature

Oh geez - I wish I used my brain! I thought Monday the 22nd was 6 days from now not 13 days from now!!! I was thinking "Well, atleast the Rox will have 3 games completed before I have to buy." DUH!!!

manders_01
10-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Remember when Uribe flew into the stands to make the second out of the bottom of the 9th in Game 4? Remember how the fans sitting there all got the hell out of the way and did not interfere? Didn't that fact strike you as odd? The reason why they all backed off was those were MLB seats and they were MLB people, not Astros' fans. Astro fans would have fought Uribe for the ball. Wouldn't blame them. Nobody wanted to be a jerk and lose the hope of front row World Series tickets in the future.

And here I thought they were just being sportsmanlike! Your's makes more sense though! LOL