PDA

View Full Version : Official I guess Go Indians thread

PeteWard
10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Good to see the Yankees gone and maybe the last we will ever see of Clemens...though rumor has it they will display his ego in the Smithsonian.

I cant see Cleveland getting through with Borowski, but I hope they do. In a lukewarm way

hi im skot
10-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm just thankful we won't be subjected to another EPIC match-up of two LEGENDARY BASEBALL FORCES.

Fox is bummed.

Go Tribe.

soltrain21
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Rockies all the way.

ChiSoxFan35
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
**** the Tribe. Go Carmines.

TDog
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM

I cant see Cleveland getting through with Borowski, but I hope they do. In a lukewarm way

Nothing good can come out of the American League at this point. At least the Indians seem to be developing an unhealthy (for them) belief in the abilities of Joe Borowski, which could carry into next year.

eriqjaffe
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM
rumor has it they will display his ego in the Smithsonian.Nah, the Smithsonian couldn't afford it.

SoxandtheCityTee
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
At least the Indians seem to be developing an unhealthy (for them) belief in the abilities of Joe Borowski, which could carry into next year.

Good point. Between this and DumpJerry's Wear-'em-Out World Series theory, I like our nefarious and subtle plot to doom the 2008 Jndians.

hi im skot
10-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Rockies all the way.

Indians in the AL, but I second the Rockies for the championship.

Palehose Pete
10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Tribe to the WS. Tribe in 6 over the Rockies.

PKalltheway
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Nothing good can come out of the American League at this point. At least the Indians seem to be developing an unhealthy (for them) belief in the abilities of Joe Borowski, which could carry into next year.
I'm still perplexed at how the Indians could make the playoffs with a closer that had an ERA of 5.:o: Mercy, with that ERA, he belongs 250 miles south in Cincy!:tongue: The Reds could really use another god-awful reliever.

chisoxmike
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
**** 'em both.

I'll be watching the NLCS.

oeo
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
**** 'em both.

I'll be watching the NLCS.

Same here. I'm not cheering for either one of those pieces of ****.

The Rockies will take it all, anyway.

PeteWard
10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Baseball in late October in Denver? :o:

That could make Game 2 of '05 seem toasty.

Railsplitter
10-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Good to see the Yankees gone and maybe the last we will ever see of Clemens...though rumor has it they will display his ego in the Smithsonian.

Quite unfouded, that rumor. The Smitdonian is a depository of national treasures, and I don't think someone's ego qualifies.:wink:

Bucky F. Dent
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM

He'll be on the Mets roster after the all-star break. His arrogance and their desperation know no bounds.
:D:

MarySwiss
10-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Rockies all the way.

Indians in the AL, but I second the Rockies for the championship.

Tribe to the WS. Tribe in 6 over the Rockies.

Same here. I'm not cheering for either one of those pieces of ****.

The Rockies will take it all, anyway.

Baseball in late October in Denver? :o:

That could make Game 2 of '05 seem toasty.

So basically the D'Backs should just skip the NLCS? :tongue:

Pequod
10-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Do you think they'd mind? After all, sweeping a team of destiny like the Cubs puts them on the wrong side of history and seals their fate as an enemy of mankind. Bowing out is clearly the proper thing to do here. :smile:

Fenway
10-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Mary

If things go as planned Bostonians will be dancing in the streets of Phoenix twice in the next 4 months

A World Series win over Arizona

A Super Bowl win over somebody to finish the season 19-0

and we may see Boston College in the Fiesta Bowl

people in Arizona will come to love us quiet Bostonians

nysox35
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
As others have said, I'll take Cleveland, but will be heavily in favor of the national league representative, no matter who it is. The Rockies are fun to watch and AZ did us the favor of eliminating the Cubs, so either one is fine by me.

spiffie
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't really have a problem with the Tribe, and I'll definitely root for them over the ****ing Red Sawx. I'd have been rooting for the Yankees over them, so I'll certainly root for our division rival. To me all the Tribe winning the World Series does is make Kenny Williams have that much more fire under his ass, and one more thing to motivate him to kick a lot of ass this offseason.

That said, I'll be happy for any team except Boston.

Tragg
10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I can't believe I have to root for the Indians. Ugh.

Max Power
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
The Indians are definitely the lesser of two evils here.

Go Rockies!

Lip Man 1
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
That sound you've been hearing in the background steadily growing louder is the sound of teeth gnashing at the headquarters of the Eastern Sports Programming Network and Fox Sports over the possibility of an Indians - Diamondbacks or Indians - Rockies World Series.

Yankees...gone
Cubs...gone
Red Sox...we'll see.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? To just have ESPN and Fox completely screwed over? And then maybe a World Series sweep so they only get four games!

Ah the dreams.

Lip

spiffie
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
That sound you've been hearing in the background steadily growing louder is the sound of teeth gnashing at the headquarters of the Eastern Sports Programming Network and Fox Sports over the possibility of an Indians - Diamondbacks or Indians - Rockies World Series.

Yankees...gone
Cubs...gone
Red Sox...we'll see.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? To just have ESPN and Fox completely screwed over? And then maybe a World Series sweep so they only get four games!

Ah the dreams.

Lip
Maybe one day they'll decide that promoting things other than the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs and Barry Bonds would be a contingency plan for the unlikely event none of them are in the World Series.

chisoxfanatic
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Mary

If things go as planned Bostonians will be dancing in the streets of Phoenix twice in the next 4 months

It would be great for Boston to lose all three of those to deflate their big heads. They've won enough championships for now, so let's spread the wealth elsewhere.

MarySwiss
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Mary

Fens! Nice to see you're looking past Cleveland. Be nice if the Red Sox did the same.

As for your football team, I already burned that pick in my survival pool, so anytime they want to lose is fine with me. In fact, EVERY time they lose is fine with me.

Boston College in the Fiesta Bowl? Dream much?

It would be great for Boston to lose all three of those to deflate their big heads. They've won enough championships for eternity, so let's spread the wealth elsewhere.

Fixed it for ya, Heather! :D:
And I have no stats to support this, but I would think it's more likely that they'd lose all three than that they'd win all three.

PKalltheway
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Mary

In order for the Red Sox to win the World Series, they would have to get there first. Cleveland is no pushover.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
The National League remains a tired joke. I saw nothing from Arizona the past week to change my opinion. That sweep was gift-wrapped and handed to them... apologies to the despicable workhorse Phil Rogers who has suddenly all but caught wood over how great Arizona might be... if only to cover his tracks for the endless stream of bull**** he has written the past 10 months... a junior version of the Windsock.

I guess I'll take Cleveland in the AL since I don't think I could handle another 3 weeks of listening to those insufferable jerks from Boston. Besides, I already KNOW Joe Borowski is a horse**** pitcher and no championship trophy will ever convince me the Tribe isn't the weakest champion to emerge from the A.L. Central in 3 years.

:cool:

Lip Man 1
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
On the other hand those who don't think the A.L. Central is the toughest division in baseball the past few years needs to look at the numbers:

2005- White Sox win 99 games, go 11-1 in the post season and win the World Series.

2006- Central has three teams with 90 or more wins. Tigers and Twins make the post season with Detroit going to the World Series.

2007- Cleveland ties for best record in the A.L., goes to the ALCS.

The playoff series record for the Central as of right now for the past three seasons is: 6-2.

The A.L. East during that same time period is: 1-4.

Lip