PDA

View Full Version : Who would give the Red Sox more problems?

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2007, 09:10 PM
We all know how we feel about Red Sox Nation. Who do you think would give them more problems and assure us that we don't have to see Manny being Manny during the World Series?

Dan Mega
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Indians have more pitching and better D.

As much as I hate to say it, they may be the best team left in the AL.

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd think the Indians with their pitching would be able to contain that lineup better. The Indians also seem hungry to finally end their drought. I'd hope Sabathia and Carmona would have impressive outings at Fenway, bringing hom a 2-0 lead. I want that to be a short series that won't be happy for the second most annoying player in baseball (you know, Manny being Manny).

Fenway
10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
A Boston-NYY series would go 7.

Boston will beat Cleveland easily as the Sawx always play well at The Jake.

Manny tends to go nuts there as the indians fans boo him and that makes him mad.

The team Boston does not want to see is Colorado as they made Boston look bad at Fenway back in June.

nccwsfan
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Cleveland- Sabathia and Carmona potentially pitching 4 games during this series would make it challenging for the Red Sox. The pitching just isn't there for the Yankees.

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Manny tends to go nuts there as the indians fans boo him and that makes him mad.

The team Boston does not want to see is Colorado as they made Boston look bad at Fenway back in June.

Cleveland finished 0-6 against the Yankees this year. Look at how they're doing in the ALDS against the Yankees. This goes to show that what happens in the regular season (especially so long ago) has no bearings on the outcome of a playoff series.

kevin57
10-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Even since Cleveland spanked us in the opening game this year, I thought/feared they believed this was their year. They're on a mission.

Fenway
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Cleveland finished 0-6 against the Yankees this year. Look at how they're doing in the ALDS against the Yankees. This goes to show that what happens in the regular season (especially so long ago) has no bearings on the outcome of a playoff series.

Very true....but right now I would not bet against Boston. I said all along the team with home advantage would go to the World Series and Boston has that in a tiebreaker with Cleveland.

Hendu
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM

We also cured part of our west coast problem in the 2005 ALCS, thankfully.

TDog
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM

I don't like either the Red Sox or the Indians, but I think the Indians would give the Red Sox more trouble than the Yankees.

Red Sox fans who expect Cleveland to be an easy championship series opponent are overlooking the fact that at the moment, the Indians are a better team than the Yankees.

rookie
10-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Not only that, but look at all this confidence they are building by conquering the Yankees. I believe (and hope) they will give Boston a run for their money. If they can quiet the Yankee offense, then why not Boston's?

Patrick134
10-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Very true....but right now I would not bet against Boston. I said all along the team with home advantage would go to the World Series and Boston has that in a tiebreaker with Cleveland.

Always good to get an unbiased opinion.