PDA

View Full Version : Cub banners stolen from City Hall

thedudeabides
10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Along with the hanging goat from the Harry Carry statue, we have some weird happenings during this series.

It must have been one of those filthy, thieving Sox fans.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/591591,100607cubsbanners.article

Martinigirl
10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Well Cub fans are not alone in stealing the banners. In the middle of the World Series Parade Celebration, as the program was going on, some guy pulled himself up the street light on Lasalle Street, a quarter of a block south of Wacker, took a razor out and got away with a banner with thousands of people watching him.

itsnotrequired
10-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Well Cub fans are not alone in stealing the banners. In the middle of the World Series Parade Celebration, as the program was going on, some guy pulled himself up the street light on Lasalle Street, a quarter of a block south of Wacker, took a razor out and got away with a banner with thousands of people watching him.

I believe this was the same guy that also ended up snapping one of the speaker wires which made it impossible to hear what anyone was saying.

Martinigirl
10-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Exactly, neither side has the market cornered on *******s, but I do believe the Cub fan base has more ;)

knocko94
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I believe this was the same guy that also ended up snapping one of the speaker wires which made it impossible to hear what anyone was saying.

I remember the guy climbing the light pole, but didn't realize he might have snapped a speaker wire.

i couldn't hear **** the whole time. *******.