PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Fire Tracy

Uncle_Patrick
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071005&content_id=2251628&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Not the biggest surprise...

SoxSpeed22
10-05-2007, 02:26 PM
They are starting over with new management. Good luck to them.

Foulke You
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
The house cleaning in Pittsburgh is a long time coming. I really enjoyed PNC Park, the Pirates fans, and the city when I went out there for the Sox/Pirates series this year. Good luck to them. It would be nice to see baseball resurrected in that city.

tebman
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
The house cleaning in Pittsburgh is a long time coming. I really enjoyed PNC Park, the Pirates fans, and the city when I went out there for the Sox/Pirates series this year. Good luck to them. It would be nice to see baseball resurrected in that city.
So true! Pittsburgh baseball fans deserve so much better than what they've gotten for the last 20+ years. Same way with Kansas City. Both are great baseball towns and deserve competitive teams again.

jackbrohamer
10-05-2007, 03:46 PM
So true! Pittsburgh baseball fans deserve so much better than what they've gotten for the last 20+ years. Same way with Kansas City. Both are great baseball towns and deserve competitive teams again.

The Orioles and Cincinnati also. All of those franchises have great histories, and each is now an absolute joke.

veeter
10-05-2007, 07:34 PM
They've got the makings of a very nice rotation there. If they spend some money, they could be right in the mix.

StillMissOzzie
10-05-2007, 10:02 PM

Barring some changes in thinking by the owners, their next GM and manager will get hired will the full knowledge that they'll be fired for failing within 3-4 years. I agree with you guys, Pittsburgh deserves better.

SMO
:gulp:

Grzegorz
10-06-2007, 04:48 AM

I'd love to see the city build a winner again. Hopefully the Pirates hire some first rate baseball people (Terry Ryan?) and move on to greater heights.