PDA

View Full Version : Have Woo Will Travel

SOXPHILE
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't know if this was brought up earlier or not. Yesterday on the Score, B & B mentioned Ronnie Woo Woo, and were asking how would he get to Arizona. I thought they were being rhetorical, and were just joking around, and didn't think much of it. Then, last night during the game, they showed him on T.V. There he was, the shrieking nit-wit, in full, urine soaked Cub uniform, in the stands at Chase One Ballpark. So now, I ask: How in the hell did that unemployed, dumpster diving skid get there ? Who in the name of God would spring for this guy to go to Arizona ? Where is he staying ? How in the hell do these things happen ? "Cub Nation" continues to show the world what idiots they are.

twentywontowin
10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure someone is funding it. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Tribune.

jenn2080
Not sure. I thought the same thing when he was at Yankee stadium for the Cubs series in 2005. I am sure there are plenty of people willing to donate to him to get him there. I definately do not get it.

spiffie
I don't know if this was brought up earlier or not. Yesterday on the Score, B & B mentioned Ronnie Woo Woo, and were asking how would he get to Arizona. I thought they were being rhetorical, and were just joking around, and didn't think much of it. Then, last night during the game, they showed him on T.V. There he was, the shrieking nit-wit, in full, urine soaked Cub uniform, in the stands at Chase One Ballpark. So now, I ask: How in the hell did that unemployed, dumpster diving skid get there ? Who in the name of God would spring for this guy to go to Arizona ? Where is he staying ? How in the hell do these things happen ? "Cub Nation" continues to show the world what idiots they are.
I read that he was also at Game 1. Someone obviously thought it was funny to fly an elderly mentally addled homeless guy out to Arizona and give him playoff tickets. WOO! patronizing! Woo! people with too much money!

rocky biddle
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I saw that jerkoff on a Gillespie Chevy ad yesterday. How could they replace the incredible awesomeness of the "How's It Gonna Be" gentlemen with that?

TommyJohn
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Scraped together all the spare change he collected over the past year and
bought a ticket.

In all seriousness, there are fans that like him, I'm sure someone paid his
way. hell, he managed to bum his way into Game 1 of the 2005 ALCS.

Jerko
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
We're just jealous.

chisoxmike
10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I heard he was banned from Wrigley Field. He can no longer enter the stadium anymore. The Cubs, of course, denied it.

Hendu
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe he used the money from the Gillespie Auto commercial. :puking:

SOXPHILE
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
We're just jealous.

Well, yes I am, to a certain degree. How can I get in on something like this ? How can I get people to give me free food, beer and tix to all the White Sox games ?; How can I become a local "folk hero" to the fans and media, and have people want to take my picture while I sit on some attractive girls' lap, cop a feel, and just have them laugh about it ? I guess the first step is to quit my job, and go live under the train viaduct on 35th street....

tebman
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Don't you get it? Woo-Woo is the Tribune's Employee of the Month!

jenn2080
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I heard he was banned from Wrigley Field. He can no longer enter the stadium anymore. The Cubs, of course, denied it.

Really?? That is interesting

Joliet Jeff
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I've seen him up close once, last year on the red line platform at the Jackson stop. I kinda felt bad for the guy. Don't get me wrong, he's annoying as hell... but he was talking to some fellow fratboy cub fans and they were saying things like they'd buy him a warm meal if he would woo on the train and stuff.

Seeing the way they treaded "one of their own" made me hate the fratboy cub fans more than any others.

The Immigrant
10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I've seen him washing windows along Lawrence Avenue to make a few bucks. Of course, he does it in full Cub uniform. :redneck

Juice16
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure someone is funding it. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Tribune.

I remember when he had a cheap, skin tight Cubs uniform you would buy a kid, now for the last few years he is sporting an authentic one. I wouldn't doubt he is on the payroll.

champagne030
10-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I remember when he had a cheap, skin tight Cubs uniform you would buy a kid, now for the last few years he is sporting an authentic one. I wouldn't doubt he is on the payroll.

Of course he's on their payroll, he's their freakin' mascot.

thomas35forever
10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I saw him in the crowd around the eighth or ninth inning last night. I too was wondering how he got from Lake Michigan to the desert. Of course, the Tribune will never explain or try to find out how this really happened. To close this post, here's a couple Woo-Woo quotes from a Cubs game I went to shortly after 9/11:

"Michael...WOO!...Tucker...WOO!...Michael...WOO!... Tucker...WOO!"

(into someone's cell phone) "USA...WOO!...USA...WOO!"

MarySwiss
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I didn't see him. Which makes me very, very happy! :D:

chisoxfanatic
10-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I heard he was trying to get out of Chicago, because SoxMan was *looking* for him! :D:

Brian26
10-05-2007, 07:41 PM

I wonder if he gets the lettering done at Grandstand or Triple Threat.

russ99
10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I've seen him washing windows along Lawrence Avenue to make a few bucks. Of course, he does it in full Cub uniform. :redneck

I used to work on Irving Park and we used to see him all the time washing windows for neighborhood businesses. In full uniform, no less - including cleats and jacket. :rolleyes:

One time I shared a bus ride with him down Ashland. Didn't hear a peep, much less a woo.

spiffie
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
The cubs don't pay him. Problem is lots of dumbass Cubs fans think its funny to have his brain dead self around, so they hook him up because it entertains them to have him doing his Woo shtick.

hose
10-06-2007, 09:41 AM
This is how Woo Woo made it to AZ for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xF6tVIATk&mode=related&search=

ChiSoxGirl
10-06-2007, 03:55 PM
This is how Woo Woo made it to AZ for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xF6tVIATk&mode=related&search=

:rolling: Classic!!!!

spongyfungy
10-07-2007, 12:54 AM

My mom would point out to me on the tv "hey that's the guy who washes our store's windows"

JorgeFabregas
10-08-2007, 01:01 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r4Rsie7u2vk

He's no stranger to air travel.

ZombieRob
10-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Whats more annoying?Him having problems or Cub fans taking advantage of him and exploiting him?I worked the bleacher wall while i went to school in the late 80's and had a chance to chat with the guy.Beside the antics i really feel sorry for him.But I do give him credit for at least trying to get by in life with what little capability he has .On the other hand "the bleacher preacher" and that moron with the bubble wand have Woo Woo beat by a longshot when it comes to annoyance.

RadioheadRocks
10-08-2007, 03:19 AM
Whats more annoying?Him having problems or Cub fans taking advantage of him and exploiting him?I worked the bleacher wall while i went to school in the late 80's and had a chance to chat with the guy.Beside the antics i really feel sorry for him.But I do give him credit for at least trying to get by in life with what little capability he has .On the other hand "the bleacher preacher" and that moron with the bubble wand have Woo Woo beat by a longshot when it comes to annoyance.

I remember the Bleacher Preacher quite well, but didn't he defect from following the Cubs a while back?

ZombieRob
10-08-2007, 03:25 AM
I remember the Bleacher Preacher quite well, but didn't he defect from following the Cubs a while back?
I saw him on t.v during the postgame.I remember the 3 tools that always sat out there.The preacher,The bubble blowing guy and the hippie chick.