PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Lots of Sox heroes in this one. Tough to pick just one amongst all the worthy performances.

"I did everything but leave a pint of blood out there! :lofton

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!!!

NUCatsFan
04-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Lots of Sox heroes in this one. Tough to pick just one amongst all the worthy performances.

I didn't see the game, so I have no idea, but it seems that Buehrle-mon certainly had a case for PTC himself.

OfficerKarkovice
04-12-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan

I didn't see the game, so I have no idea, but it seems that Buehrle-mon certainly had a case for PTC himself.

Indeed...but I have a feeling Lofton gets more credit simply because we are not used to having a guy do what he does out there and it seems to stick out more...Buehrle goes out there and wins the game for us time after time and gets lost in the shuffle. He has had an unreal start to the year, see below, and still has yet to win a PTC.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20020412&content_id=7936&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp

Spiff
04-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Indeed...but I have a feeling Lofton gets more credit simply because we are not used to having a guy do what he does out there and it seems to stick out more...Buehrle goes out there and wins the game for us time after time and gets lost in the shuffle. He has had an unreal start to the year, see below, and still has yet to win a PTC.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20020412&content_id=7936 &vkey=recap&fext=.jsp

I agree, plus Lofton has gotten it like 4 times already. Let's mix it up a little, ump.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-12-2002, 05:56 PM

He did. Durham and perhaps even Valentin, had great games, too.

Lofton was flawless. He did precisely what a leadoff man is suppose to do--get on base. He was 4 for 4 in that category, something last year's leadoff man was far too streaky to ever accomplish.

Let's not forget, too, it was Buehrle's error that led to Baltimore breaking on top in this game. Usually that isn't a big enough mistake to lose PTC, but today it was.

:burly
"Today was not the 'world's tallest midget contest'".

The WSI umpire has a reason for everything.

:gulp:

Daver
04-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The WSI umpire has a reason for everything.

Yeah,it looks like no one that picked Burehle came up with the small unmarked bills.

:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
04-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yeah,it looks like no one that picked Burehle came up with the small unmarked bills.

:redneck

That would have definitely helped.

:gulp:

ode to veeck
04-12-2002, 07:17 PM

I didn't stop by with the cash 'cause I thought the extra T-shirt I bought from PHG the other day would cut it :o:

On the other hand, I beefed on the last game when Loften didn't win with similar performance (basically all over the basepaths)

Let's start the early write in campaign for Burly-mon and Lofton on the all-star ballots--they're certainly the highlights for the young sox season so far ...

Daver
04-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

I didn't stop by with the cash 'cause I thought the extra T-shirt I bought from PHG the other day would cut it :o:

There you go thinking again. :redneck

kermittheefrog
04-12-2002, 09:36 PM

If Buehrle got the PTC everytime he pitched like he deserves it then you lose all interest in the PTC. Like any other number one starter, the bar has to be a little higher for him to get that PTC honor.

Pete_SSAC
04-12-2002, 11:16 PM
:sandy
"Dear God, what do I have to do to get a click around here? Stand on my head and hit a hiomer using my ass?"

- Pete