PDA

View Full Version : For all you green seat guys

Nellie_Fox
04-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Farmer just said that he wouldn't be surprised to see the seats and outfield wall pads changed to green in the next couple of years. I'd be surprised if he would "speculate" like that, knowing it's a sore point with many fans, unless he's pretty sure it's going to happen.

As you know, I don't care about the seat colors, but this may make some (PHG?) of you happy.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
As you know, I don't care about the seat colors, but this may make some (PHG?) of you happy.

Frankly, I don't care what color the seats are. What irritates me about the blue seats is the clueless way the Sox front office proceeded in the decision. If they had bothered to ask even ten Sox Fans, they would have known to color them green.

Since green seats cost the same as blue ones, those seats are just one more example of the marketing departement's incompetence to reach out to the team's fan base. (What's left of it).

Whatever. The Sox won today! Woo hoo!!!!

:gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
04-12-2002, 06:44 PM
I think it's going to happen to. The new batters eye would look even better with green seats, surrounding it.

doctor30th
04-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Considering the Batters eye has a tint of green to it. I would bet alot more green would be incorporated into the park in future renovations.

Does anyone know if they still plan on building that second deck in right field if they get the money?

Bucktown
04-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah baby.

Daver
04-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
Considering the Batters eye has a tint of green to it. I would bet alot more green would be incorporated into the park in future renovations.

Does anyone know if they still plan on building that second deck in right field if they get the money?

They have shelved that plan along with revamping the upper deck,due to the inability to find a corporate sponsor for the park.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-12-2002, 07:30 PM
I know many will point out that the "old" park didn't sell out when they had green seats but, this will definitely be a good change!!!!
:kermit
"It ain't easy being green!"

Viva Magglio
04-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th

Notice that the signage in the renovated main concourse is also green.

RichH55
04-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Green Seats will be an excellent addition......since most of the problems with the park are perception anyway....and the color of seats is a study in perception....so it appears to be going in the right direction

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Hey Bucktown, I think I sat in that seat once. Half sideways, so that I could fit my knees in behind the seat in front of me. Behind a pillar. So far up under the upper deck that I couldn't see the scoreboard. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

WinningUgly!
04-13-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Hey Bucktown, I think I sat in that seat once. Half sideways, so that I could fit my knees in behind the seat in front of me. Behind a pillar. So far up under the upper deck that I couldn't see the scoreboard. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

Ah, the memories! :D: