PDA

View Full Version : Ned Yost returning next season

VenturaFan23
10-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Well at least there's something for Cub fans to cheer about today....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3048401

palehozenychicty
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Why?! :?: He and that pen kept the Brewers out of the postseason. Everybody saw that.

Lefty34
10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't know what to say for Yost in this case. I mean, the Brew Crew are my favorite NL team (they try SO hard), and I have respect for Yost, but I mean, the team just completely pissed on themselves coming down the stretch. Given the talent you have for such a small market team (considering who else is in the division) and being in the weakest division in baseball, there is no reason they shouldn't have made the playoffs with the start they had.

Is all of this Yost's fault? I don't know, probably some of it is, but don't forget they lost Sheets and Weeks for extended periods of time this year. And the only good thing I can say about the Brewers season is that they brought up that kid Braun and he has just been unstoppable. For now, Yost is a good decision at manager, he just needs to make sure his team stays in the hunt all season long rather than just crapping the bed two-thirds the way through the season. Go Brew Crew.