PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest 2008

Viva Medias B's
10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I do not know yet if I will be going. It depends on things outside of White Sox baseball. I think the Friday night seminar with KW ought to be interesting.

Vernam
10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I can't wait to see that woman who wags her finger at Kenny every year for "not controlling his temper." :rolleyes::D:

No way I'm popping for a hotel room to get tix, but something tells me the demand won't require that. Unless Kenny signs A-Rod. :praying:

Vernam

ChiSoxGirl
10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I can't wait to see that woman who wags her finger at Kenny every year for "not controlling his temper." :rolleyes::D:

No way I'm popping for a hotel room to get tix, but something tells me the demand won't require that. Unless Kenny signs A-Rod. :praying:

Vernam

This is the one "good" thing about this season being what it was. I'm hoping that SoxFest will return to the form we knew prior to January 2006. :praying:

ilsox7
10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I am considering going for one day as I have not been since the first Soxfest. Depends on the weekend though.

WizardsofOzzie
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM
This is the one "good" thing about this season being what it was. I'm hoping that SoxFest will return to the form we knew prior to January 2006. :praying:

I'll be saving my pennies to attend with you Jen!

TheCommander
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM

Returning to the old venue would be nice too IMO. :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
10-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Returning to the old venue would be nice too IMO. :wink:

You're not kidding, and I don't think we're the only ones who feel this way! The Hyatt was so much more up our alley than the Palmer House, not to mention the fest was a lot more organized at the Hyatt and there were more/better places to hang out after hours.

TheCommander
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
You're not kidding, and I don't think we're the only ones who feel this way! The Hyatt was so much more up our alley than the Palmer House, not to mention the fest was a lot more organized at the Hyatt and there were more/better places to hang out after hours.

Agreed 100%!:thumbsup:

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Yes, yes, and yes.

Sox Fest is Jan 25-27.

TheCommander
10-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Not much info here but.... http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/community/soxfest.jsp

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 12:59 AM

And YES!!

Viva Medias B's
10-04-2007, 07:58 AM

The atrium bar at the Hyatt rocked. There was nothing like that at the Palmer House.

jenn2080
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Ummmm....I am not sure why everyone feels that way. I also am not clear on what you mean by the Hyatt was more up our alley. I thought the Palmer House was fantastic. I cannot wait for it next year. WAY more organized, things were easier to get to and it was well laid out. I give the White Sox a huge :thumbsup: for the Palmer House.

How does the Hyatt area have more places to hang out after hours and the Palmer doesn't? They are in the same area, just a few blocks away.

SSSoxFan
10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
The Palmer House is currently renovating...maybe it will be better in '08

eriqjaffe
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm hoping that SoxFest will return to the form we knew prior to January 2006. :praying:"Yell At Kenny Weekend"?

JermaineDye05
10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Are tickets on sale already? If not, then when? I might be interested in getting one this year, I might actually get the guts to ask Kenny something this year.

salty99
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Are tickets on sale already? If not, then when? I might be interested in getting one this year, I might actually get the guts to ask Kenny something this year.

Link says middle of October.

Dont Stop Belivn
10-04-2007, 03:42 PM
what im hoping for is that they open the option back up to purchase weekend passes without having to stay there this year. I dont think its going to happen, but a guy can dream at least right?

LauraJ14
10-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Ummmm....I am not sure why everyone feels that way. I also am not clear on what you mean by the Hyatt was more up our alley. I thought the Palmer House was fantastic. I cannot wait for it next year. WAY more organized, things were easier to get to and it was well laid out. I give the White Sox a huge :thumbsup: for the Palmer House.

How does the Hyatt area have more places to hang out after hours and the Palmer doesn't? They are in the same area, just a few blocks away.

I think the Palmer House was more of a pain than the Hyatt -
maybe because you had to stand outside in the cold to get into the Palmer house on Saturday morning even though we stayed at the hotel. The Hyatt had you in a big room to wait in line which was way better.
The autograph rooms being on different floors and the elevators were so slow to get to those floors wasn't fun. Plus not being directed to the correct stairs to avoid waiting in the elevator lines.
The only thing that was better was that the seminar room was much bigger than at the Hyatt.

Dont Stop Belivn
10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
maybe because you had to stand outside in the cold to get into the Palmer house on Saturday morning even though we stayed at the hotel. The Hyatt had you in a big room to wait in line which was way better.
The autograph rooms being on different floors and the elevators were so slow to get to those floors wasn't fun. Plus not being directed to the correct stairs to avoid waiting in the elevator lines.
The only thing that was better was that the seminar room was much bigger than at the Hyatt.

couldnt agree with you more

chisoxmike
10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I didn't think the Palmer House "was all that." Too spread out, didnt really feel like SoxFest. The merch room sucked. Thats just me. I know a lot of people liked the Palmer House better.

ChiSoxGirl
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM

couldnt agree with you more

I completely agree with both of you!

chisoxmike
10-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I think Jen agrees with Laura and dont stop belvin.

:redneck

ChiSoxGirl
10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I think Jen agrees with Laura and dont stop belvin.

:redneck

Oops. :redface: I just deleted my double post.

Brian26
10-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I like the Hyatt a bit more, but it may be more sentimental feelings that anything. I had the Palmer House layout figured out by early Friday night this year. The key was to not use the elevators and instead use the stairs.

I think this year felt different because there were so many less people inside. The merchandise room was about the same as in past years, but it had a different feel because it was off the beaten path and not in the middle of all the autograph lines.

chisox77
10-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Would Portillo's be considered a possible location?

:?: