PDA

View Full Version : Cripes! This Scrub maddness is getting way outta hand...

Kilroy
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Bernstein just stated that if the D-Backs lose tonight, there's no way they could come back and win the series.

Game one and if they lose, they're done? *****.

Thekool-aid is really flowin.

thomas35forever
10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
What's the Score?

DumpJerry
10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Why, oh why are you listening to sports blab radio in this town these days? I stopped about three weeks ago. I figured all they would be blabbing about would be the Cubs and how bad the Bears are doing.

DSpivack
10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Why, oh why are you listening to sports blab radio in this town these days? I stopped about three weeks ago. I figured all they would be blabbing about would be the Cubs and how bad the Bears are doing.

I think I stopped listening to "sports talk" in 9th grade.

The Immigrant
10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Dan Bernstein is a White Sox fan, but it's all about the ratings.

Kilroy
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

A moment of weakness is the only answer I have. I knew it would be ridiculous, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

BTW... mods, thanks for moving. I thought I was in this forum when I posted.

Fenway
10-03-2007, 03:41 PM
The NY Times did a story on this sign yesterday

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x188/ohmygoditsryan/EamusCatuli.jpg

thedudeabides
10-03-2007, 03:46 PM

What other group of fans would so publicly celebrate their own futility?

JoeyCora28
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM

The sign will need to be expanded in a couple of years...

DSpivack
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
The sign will need to be expanded in a couple of years...

You mean one year?

Iwritecode
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM

They are the same fans that embrace the fact that they are the "lovable losers".

SOXPHILE
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
They're all saying that. Steve Stone, Paul "Frodo" Sullivan, and a few others too. They feel that if the The Jackass can beat Webb tonight, the series is over. Bring on the Rockies / Phillies. While this may (or may not) be true, it's pretty damn stupid to make such a grand, encompassing statement.
I mentioned in an earlier thread, Lil' Danny Bernstein and T. Diddly are the same 2 guys who gave us these gems :

-"Cardinals, Astros and the rest of that NL central are going to be looking up the Cubs tailpipe for the foreseeable future" -Terry Boers, following 2003 postseason

-"There is no way the Cardinals are going to continue like this. They will come back to earth, and should be caught by the Cubs" -B & B on the Cardinals hot start (and eventual running away with the NL Central) in 2004

-"Last year was a fluke. There is no way the Cardinals are going to repeat the success they had in 2004. That division is up for grabs, the Cubs should take it" -B & B on the 2005 Cardinals

-"No team with Juan Uribe as it's starting shortstop will EVER win a World Series" - Dan Bernstein on the 2005 White Sox

-"They're doing good now, but wait. You just wait when the postseason starts. Then, they're not playing teams like the Royals, and the Tigers, and the Devil Rays. They're going to be facing teams like the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Angels. Then..then...I think we might have a problem boys and girls, cuz with the pitching those teams have, there's just no way..." -B & B in September of 2005, on the White Sox postseason chances

-"I can't explain it. I just have this feeling of good 'Cubs Karma' right now, and I think they're going to win this year. They're my pick to win the division, cuz it ain't gonna be the Astros or the Cardinals AGAIN kiddies" - Terry Boers at the beginning of 2006 spring training.

JoeyCora28
10-03-2007, 04:23 PM
You mean one year?

I think what you see in the picture is what the sign shows right now...

I don't think they update it until after the season is over. So for next year 2008, it will display 006299.

DSpivack
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I think what you see in the picture is what the sign shows right now...

I don't think they update it until after the season is over. So for next year 2008, it will display 006299.

OK. I just figured when/if they bow out of the playoffs this season, the sign would change to what you say above. One calendar year from now, when/if they miss the playoffs and/or bow out in the first round, it will then be 0163100.

skobabe8
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
They're all saying that. Steve Stone, Paul "Frodo" Sullivan, and a few others too. They feel that if the The Jackass can beat Webb tonight, the series is over. Bring on the Rockies / Phillies. While this may (or may not) be true, it's pretty damn stupid to make such a grand, encompassing statement.
I mentioned in an earlier thread, Lil' Danny Bernstein and T. Diddly are the same 2 guys who gave us these gems :

-"Cardinals, Astros and the rest of that NL central are going to be looking up the Cubs tailpipe for the foreseeable future" -Terry Boers, following 2003 postseason

-"There is no way the Cardinals are going to continue like this. They will come back to earth, and should be caught by the Cubs" -B & B on the Cardinals hot start (and eventual running away with the NL Central) in 2004

-"Last year was a fluke. There is no way the Cardinals are going to repeat the success they had in 2004. That division is up for grabs, the Cubs should take it" -B & B on the 2005 Cardinals

-"No team with Juan Uribe as it's starting shortstop will EVER win a World Series" - Dan Bernstein on the 2005 White Sox

-"They're doing good now, but wait. You just wait when the postseason starts. Then, they're not playing teams like the Royals, and the Tigers, and the Devil Rays. They're going to be facing teams like the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Angels. Then..then...I think we might have a problem boys and girls, cuz with the pitching those teams have, there's just no way..." -B & B in September of 2005, on the White Sox postseason chances

-"I can't explain it. I just have this feeling of good 'Cubs Karma' right now, and I think they're going to win this year. They're my pick to win the division, cuz it ain't gonna be the Astros or the Cardinals AGAIN kiddies" - Terry Boers at the beginning of 2006 spring training.

Do you have transcripts from every show?:tongue:

Foulke You
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM

As if we needed any validation that many Cubs fans are frat boys, we have the sign written in latin hanging on the rooftop.:rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
To add to this "Cub Hype," I just saw something in this week's edition of the Bridgeport News I thought I'd NEVER see!!! On the FRONT COVER, there was about a quarter of the page dedicated to a picture of the Cubs' logo wishing them good luck in hopes that they win the World Series.

In the Bridgeport News????? That's the LAST place I'd think of seeing something like that!!!

Viva Medias B's
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Dan Bernstein is a White Sox fan, but it's all about the ratings.

And if the Cubs go down in flames, he and Boers will relish it.

Lefty34
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey now let us not condemn all frat boys to stupidity. I'm in a frat down here at U of I and I actually was able to find many Sox fans among the guys in my house. But you guys are all right, this Cub mania thing is getting way out of hand. I started a thread in the MLB discussion section of this site (yeah, I know, I'm a noob) just to let out some frustrations on all of this crap.

I mean, can they just let go of the Bartman thing already? Seriously, it's not bad enough that Cub fans single-handedly ruined this guys life for going after a FOUL BALL (we all have done it, and I guarantee you that most of those metrosexual Cub fans would have too, I don't care what game it is), but they completely look past not only the rest of THAT game, but the game after it that the scrubs blew. I'm pretty sure Tony Reali and the PTI boys have better things to talk about than a damn goat.

DickAllen72
10-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Boers and Bernstein are the biggest pieces of **** in the sports-blab cess pool.

champagne030
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Boers and Bernstein are the biggest pieces of **** in the sports-blab cess pool.

:thumbsup:

TheOldRoman
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Dan Bernstein is a White Sox fan, but it's all about the ratings.Bull****. He may have been a Sox fan in the past, but he isn't now. As much as he raves about the Cubs, I don't think he is a Cubs fan, either. He is a smarmy piece of **** of the mindset "I am so more intelligent than the other peons in this city. I am the smartest and most distinguished person I know. I listen to NPR and drink a glass of wine with every meal. It would be childish of me to root for for a baseball team. I am above that."

It's Time
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Bull****. He may have been a Sox fan in the past, but he isn't now. As much as he raves about the Cubs, I don't think he is a Cubs fan, either. He is a smarmy piece of **** of the mindset "I am so more intelligent than the other peons in this city. I am the smartest and most distinguished person I know. I listen to NPR and drink a glass of wine with every meal. It would be childish of me to root for for a baseball team. I am above that."

Well done. Perfect, actually. The guy is a serious dork and there is no doubt that while he is hyping the Cubs with his idiot sidekick Boers, they both want them to lose.

They are worse when it comes to the Sox. I don't listen to them and haven't listened in years.

The sooner their gig is up, the better.

HomeFish
10-03-2007, 08:21 PM
The media in Chicago is certainly idiotic and biased, but this is an argument that can be supported with reasonable arguments. Webb is by far the best player in the D-Backs rotation; beyond that, the matchups heavily favor the Cubs.

The D-Backs have never faced Zambrano either this season, iirc.

russ99
10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Webb is by far the best player in the D-Backs rotation; beyond that, the matchups heavily favor the Cubs.

I completely disagree. While the rest of the D-backs rotation won't be as dominant as Webb, the Cubs won't either.

Zambrano is the only pitcher that can shut them down - on a good day. Lilly's good, but the D-Backs will certainly scrap some runs against him, and Hill is completely pressure game untested and could unravel.

Also, Soriano looked like he was really hurting tonight. A recurrance of his injury could really hurt the Cubs chances.

Ex-Chicagoan
10-04-2007, 03:57 AM
I listen to NPR and drink a glass of wine with every meal.

:?: That makes one an annoying intellectual?

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Well done. Perfect, actually. The guy is a serious dork and there is no doubt that while he is hyping the Cubs with his idiot sidekick Boers, they both want them to lose.

They are worse when it comes to the Sox. I don't listen to them and haven't listened in years.

The sooner their gig is up, the better.

Has Boers ever disagreed with Bernstein? EVER?

Lefty34
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Has anyone seen Boers and Bernstein in person? No wonder they're on the radio. Good show, though

It's Time
10-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Has anyone seen Boers and Bernstein in person? No wonder they're on the radio. Good show, though

http://670thescore.com/image/wscr/UserFiles/Image/pic_terry_boers.jpg (BoersandBernstein@670TheScore.com)

http://imgsrv.670thescore.com/image/DbGraphic/200701/434075.JPG

FedEx227
10-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Boers looks like an early stage of man.

http://wiredblogs.typepad.com/sterling/evolution.jpg

I'd say No. 2 looks good.

While Bernstein looks like a 5th grader with a giant head.

SOXPHILE
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
:?: That makes one an annoying intellectual?

No. But he thinks that because he does those things, he's ever so much smarter than everyone else. Just like because he was a gopher for a CBA franchise, he feels that he's Dr. Basketball. I used to like their show, and many times I agree with what a point they're trying to make. But screening calls to make sure you get the dumbest "meatballs" (as they call them) on the phone, so they can easily take apart whatever dumb argument they're making, does not make B & B smart, or sports experts. Bernstein is a spoiled, north shore, pseudo-intellectual, wine sipping, priss, who looks down his nose at anybody who would dare disagree, or challenge him on anything. Which is why, when a caller is making a valid point, disagreeing with them, they shout over him, and eveuntually just hang up, calling him a dope, an imbecile, "baseball retarted", etc.

spiffie
10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
No. But he thinks that because he does those things, he's ever so much smarter than everyone else. Just like because he was a gopher for a CBA franchise, he feels that he's Dr. Basketball. I used to like their show, and many times I agree with what a point they're trying to make. But screening calls to make sure you get the dumbest "meatballs" (as they call them) on the phone, so they can easily take apart whatever dumb argument they're making, does not make B & B smart, or sports experts. Bernstein is a spoiled, north shore, pseudo-intellectual, wine sipping, priss, who looks down his nose at anybody who would dare disagree, or challenge him on anything. Which is why, when a caller is making a valid point, disagreeing with them, they shout over him, and eveuntually just hang up, calling him a dope, an imbecile, "baseball retarted", etc.
What's with the hatred of wine? Good bottle of vino is hard to beat. Or did I miss the part where true Sox fans are only allowed to drink beer?

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
What's with the hatred of wine? Good bottle of vino is hard to beat. Or did I miss the part where true Sox fans are only allowed to drink beer?

True Sox fans only drink beer in a can outside their trailer while staring at a car up on blocks and booing the Cubs. Chew and tattoos optional.

Ex-Chicagoan
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Domestic beer, no less...

SOXPHILE
10-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Again, nothing. Drink all the wine you want. But when one thinks they are better, and more cultured than the rest of us unwashed masses because they do drink their Alice White Wine, that's when I :rolleyes:.

BRDSR
10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
OK. I just figured when/if they bow out of the playoffs this season, the sign would change to what you say above. One calendar year from now, when/if they miss the playoffs and/or bow out in the first round, it will then be 0163100.

You are correct. I predict that the sign will read 0163100 on September 21st, 2008.

If (when) the Cubs get bounced from the playoffs this year, I have a thread coming on their impending centennial futility mark. I have a little more research to do first...

Lefty34
10-04-2007, 04:35 PM
http://imgsrv.670thescore.com/image/DbGraphic/200710/737690.jpg

...Oh my god that's hideous (Bernstein has to be standing on a step-stool to get this shot cause he's like 5'2")

RadioheadRocks
10-05-2007, 03:32 AM
To add to this "Cub Hype," I just saw something in this week's edition of the Bridgeport News I thought I'd NEVER see!!! On the FRONT COVER, there was about a quarter of the page dedicated to a picture of the Cubs' logo wishing them good luck in hopes that they win the World Series.

In the Bridgeport News????? That's the LAST place I'd think of seeing something like that!!!

I'm really not surprised. I remember back in the late 80s the Bridgeport News was dead set against the deal for the new ballpark and (not in so many words) effectively said "Bon Voyage" to the Sox, and I've seen Cubbie propaganda in there when they won a couple of their divisional titles.

ChiSoxFan35
10-06-2007, 12:43 AM
I had to register after seeing this thread. Dan Bernstein is a piece of crap! After game 1, he opened the show ripping on "ASSWIPE SOX FANS" because they say 'Cubs suck'. Yes, he was in Arizona at the time, I'm sure the Sox fans made the flight to chant against the Cubs. As usual, negative for the Cubs, turn the attention on the horrible Sox fans right?!?! Sox fan my ass.

I'm sick of the coverage on the flagship, this is one example of multiple incidents where they paint our fanbase with a broad brush. Fine, follow the Cubs, give away their tickets, run their ads, read on air reads for their sponsors (Sounds weird for the Sox flagship to say "Fly United, the official airline of the Chicago Cubs" on their shows), but continuous ripping of our fan base and kicking us when we're down is what sends me over the top.

I sent an email to program director Mitch Rosen Mitch_Rosen@670thescore.com And Brooks about how unhappy I am with how we are portrayed and treated.

It's because of people like this, or Harry Teinowitz, who all of a sudden thump their chests about the Cubs and rip the Sox along the way, that many Sox fans root against the Cubs. You see the coverage as if they won a Series after winning a division, completely acting like they haven't been there before. An embarrassment to this town, they haven't won anything yet and they talk smack like they're the Yankees. This is why people smile when they choke

ChiSoxFan35
10-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Thank you for letting me vent by the way!

Frankfan4life
10-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I had to register after seeing this thread. Dan Bernstein is a piece of crap! After game 1, he opened the show ripping on "ASSWIPE SOX FANS" because they say 'Cubs suck'. Yes, he was in Arizona at the time, I'm sure the Sox fans made the flight to chant against the Cubs. As usual, negative for the Cubs, turn the attention on the horrible Sox fans right?!?! Sox fan my ass.

I'm sick of the coverage on the flagship, this is one example of multiple incidents where they paint our fanbase with a broad brush. Fine, follow the Cubs, give away their tickets, run their ads, read on air reads for their sponsors (Sounds weird for the Sox flagship to say "Fly United, the official airline of the Chicago Cubs" on their shows), but continuous ripping of our fan base and kicking us when we're down is what sends me over the top.

I sent an email to program director Mitch Rosen Mitch_Rosen@670thescore.com And Brooks about how unhappy I am with how we are portrayed and treated.

It's because of people like this, or Harry Teinowitz, who all of a sudden thump their chests about the Cubs and rip the Sox along the way, that many Sox fans root against the Cubs. You see the coverage as if they won a Series after winning a division, completely acting like they haven't been there before. An embarrassment to this town, they haven't won anything yet and they talk smack like they're the Yankees. This is why people smile when they chokeWelcome to WSI!!! :smile: I totally agree. I wonder how much cub-bashing and Sox-promoting is done on WGN? My guess is very little. B&B need to sit in the stands at some Sox games so they can see the cubfans who come to the Cell to cheer against the Sox.

Hitmen77
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM

Exactly. Every other team has banners at their ballpark celebrating their championships. The Cubs on the other hand display their running tote-board for how long they have been losers.

That's pathetic. I don't know what the NY Times article said, but I'm guessing it was more of the Cub-love "isn't this great" garbage. Too bad there isn't a sports writer out there who will just come out and say that glorification of their losing is stupid.

WSox597
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
They picked Latin since the last time the Cubs won, Latin wasn't a dead language.

:supernana:

HerzogVon
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM

You make an excellent point about intellectuals - pseudo or otherwise - which goes well beyond the subject at hand. Through the years, I have found them to be the most intollerant, dogmatic and closed minded people imaginable. This is, of course, totally in variance with their own image of themselves.

Because I happen to have a lifelong love of classical music, I sought out the AOL Classical Music Boards, expecting to find some people of common interest with whom to discuss my passion. What I actually did encounter was a group of jaded snobs with absolutely NO use for, nor tollerance of, any view that in the slightest way deviated from their own collective mindset. Mostly, they just ranted about politics.

Sorry to stray so far off topic. As for EAMUS CATULI: I don't read Latin, but I would guess that it has something to do with ingesting cactus and choking. As this pertains to the Scrubbies, it seems quite appropriate.

BEER HERE!! :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

dickallen15
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM

It's because of people like this, or Harry Teinowitz, who all of a sudden thump their chests about the Cubs and rip the Sox along the way, that many Sox fans root against the Cubs. You see the coverage as if they won a Series after winning a division, completely acting like they haven't been there before. An embarrassment to this town, they haven't won anything yet and they talk smack like they're the Yankees. This is why people smile when they choke
Bernstein should have been with me the Friday the Cubs clinched. I was walking down Hubbard after the Sox game wearing my Sox cap. The drunks were singing that Go, Cubs, Go song, when they all stopped just to tell me the Sox sucked. Walking down the sidewalk minding my own business is pretty offensive to those people evidently. But you know what they say, Sox fans are obsessed with the Cubs while Cubs fans couldn't care less about the Sox. I wonder why all the vendors around the Urinal still sell Sox suck shirts?

TornLabrum
10-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Bernstein should have been with me the Friday the Cubs clinched. I was walking down Hubbard after the Sox game wearing my Sox cap. The drunks were singing that Go, Cubs, Go song, when they all stopped just to tell me the Sox sucked. Walking down the sidewalk minding my own business is pretty offensive to those people evidently. But you know what they say, Sox fans are obsessed with the Cubs while Cubs fans couldn't care less about the Sox. I wonder why all the vendors around the Urinal still sell Sox suck shirts?

For the same reason they sell "Cubs Suck" shirts around the Cell?

Wsoxmike59
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
The last weekend of the regular season I was sitting at a red light and this car full of teens pulled up along side me and shouted "SOX SUCK!" because my car has a White Sox wheel cover on the spare tire.

I just shook my head and said to them, "Talk to me when you losers ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING!"

Then I said just shouted back "99 years and still waiting!" LOL.

It was an exchange of barbs that Hangar would love. :D:

dickallen15
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
For the same reason they sell "Cubs Suck" shirts around the Cell?
No. The sell them around USCF because White Sox fans are obsessed with the Cubs. We have been told Cubs fans don't even give the White Sox a second thought. I'm trying to figure out the reason.

itsnotrequired
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
No. The sell them around USCF because White Sox fans are obsessed with the Cubs. We have been told Cubs fans don't even give the White Sox a second thought. I'm trying to figure out the reason.

Not all White Sox fans.

Cellview22
10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Ever since we won the World Series, the casual Cub fan (which are the vast majority of "Cub Nation") has become completely obsessed with bashing the Sox and their fans. I can't even bring up the Sox, or wear my Sox hat, without some casual Cub fan making a snide comment..

Prior to 2005, most of them didn't even acknowledge the Sox because they were a non-item to them; essentially the Sox didn't even exist in their minds. It's funny how clueless these casual fans still are. Just today, the "biggest Cub fan at my work", who always wears her Cubs jersey on casual Fridays, attends games at Wrigley Field, and brings in her Cubs Blanket and other ridiculous Cute Merchandise, admitted she didn't watch any of the games over the weekend because she was out of town. I overheard her talking to another co-worker saying "I'm so mad, I've been watching almost every game for the last 2 months, and then they have to get their butts kicked by the worst team in baseball, the Diamondbacks.. [Pause].. but my sister-in-law lives in Arizona and she said it was 80% Cubs fans at the games". :rolleyes: This is the same girl who gives Sox fans crap every day, and calls us bandwagoners. And she's known as the biggest Cubs fan at our company.

FedEx227
10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
She's right Arizona was the worst team in baseball.

They just happened to stumble upon the best record in the NL and a first-round sweep.

:rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
10-08-2007, 05:51 PM
She's right Arizona was the worst team in baseball.

They just happened to stumble upon the best record in the NL and a first-round sweep.

:rolleyes:Kinda how the Sox lucked out, caught the entire AL in a down year, happened to go wire to wire, were lucky to not face NY in the ALCS, were lucky to not face StL in the world series, and cheated their way to an 11-1 playoff record.

People on here replied to minimalizing of the Cubs by saying "this is just what they said about us in 05". There is a difference between steamrolling the the much superior AL, winning 99 games, fending off a team playing .800 for two months, and going 11-1 in the playoffs including 4 (almost 5) straight complete games, and walking away with the weakest division in baseball with 85 wins, when a young team with a terrible manager choked and handed them the division. The Sox held off the Indians who put together two of the best months ever. The Cubs wouldn't have even made the postseason if the Brewers had played .500 over the last two months.

Foulke You
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Sorry to stray so far off topic. As for EAMUS CATULI: I don't read Latin, but I would guess that it has something to do with ingesting cactus and choking. As this pertains to the Scrubbies, it seems quite appropriate.
"Eamus Catuli" means "Go Cubs" in latin. Why do I know this? Because everytime there is a crosstown series game at Wrigley that is a national broadcast, Cub lovers Josh Lewin or Thom Breneman mention it EVERY single time. Losing pride. Only at Wrigley.:rolleyes:

MarySwiss
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
but my sister-in-law lives in Arizona and she said it was 80% Cubs fans at the games". :rolleyes: This is the same girl who gives Sox fans crap every day, and calls us bandwagoners. And she's known as the biggest Cubs fan at our company.

I truly hope she doesn't have a job that requires mathematical proficiency. :rolleyes:

JB98
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
The last weekend of the regular season I was sitting at a red light and this car full of teens pulled up along side me and shouted "SOX SUCK!" because my car has a White Sox wheel cover on the spare tire.

I just shook my head and said to them, "Talk to me when you losers ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING!"

Then I said just shouted back "99 years and still waiting!" LOL.

It was an exchange of barbs that Hangar would love. :D:

That's typical. With the weather staying warm into October, I've continued to wear my Sox T-Shirts. All last week, I was getting snide remarks from ******* Cub fans that I don't even know.

Any Cub fan is who my age (I'm 31) or younger seems to automatically be an *******.

When the Sox won in 2005, just the joy of seeing my team win was enough. I didn't need to taunt and belittle fans of other teams. The 2007 Cubs accomplished far less than the 2005 Sox, but for some reason, the Cub fans thought they had a great team.

cws05champ
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I thought this was funny so I thought I would share: We have a Sales meeting with about 250 people every two years, in 2003 when the Cubs were making their run we had an awards dinner during game 6 against the Marlins. As soon as the dinner ended they put the game on the gigantic big screen(it was the bottom of the 7th inning).What happened? Boom, Bartman, A. Gon, 8 runs! The whole room , save for 5-10 people(me being one of them) was somber.

This year, we just had a meeting last week, after the awards dinner they put on the game in the gigantic big screen again...what happens. Boom, 3 run jack and the D-backs start the onslaught. Even all the cubs fans there were in disbelief that the same thing happened twice in a row! I won $20 from one of the Cubs fans in game two, so I was happy!