PDA

View Full Version : Stathead Question

Chisox_cali
04-11-2002, 11:54 PM
It may not be the hardest in the world but...

According to ESPN.com(Which may not have been the most reliable place to look) has TB's Ryan Rupe at the top of the ERA leader board with a 0.00 ERA with Burly in second with an 0.75 ERA, but according to the "rules" a pitcher must have at least one inning pitched per team game played. Rupe has pitched 7 innings, the Devil Dogs have played 8 games. Am I missing something here? Shouldnt Burly-mon be #1?

Hopefully this clears itself up, tomorrow both pitchers are starting and hopefully burly lowers his while Rupe raises his--Don't know TB's opponent, but they are still the devil dogs :D: So it should baloon up.

CerberusWG
04-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Yes, Buehrle should be #1.

kermittheefrog
04-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Technically you have to have as many IP as games played but who cares? It's April 12th, geez.

Chisox_cali
04-12-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Technically you have to have as many IP as games played but who cares? It's April 12th, geez.

I'm not trying to give Burly the ERA title right now kermie I just wanted to make sure that I was right in assuming that ESPN was wrong

kermittheefrog
04-12-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I'm not trying to give Burly the ERA title right now kermie I just wanted to make sure that I was right in assuming that ESPN was wrong

You can only expect so much from a website that regularly confuses Jerry and Charlie Manual and has had the incorrect picture up for Mark Johnson for as long as memory serves me. They even had a frickin pic of Han Soo-Lee up for Carlos Lee once.

voodoochile
04-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

You can only expect so much from a website that regularly confuses Jerry and Charlie Manual and has had the incorrect picture up for Mark Johnson for as long as memory serves me. They even had a frickin pic of Han Soo-Lee up for Carlos Lee once.

:knue
"Yeah, why can't they all run fair, accurate, flubbie loving... er... shamMEMEME loving... er... baseball loving sites like mine?