PDA

View Full Version : Mets will retain Randolph as manager

Fenway
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
callers to WFAN are furious

NEW YORK -- Citing a need to settle whatever issue had developed, Mets general manager Omar Minaya said on Tuesday that Willie Randolph will remain as the manager. One day after he said he needed to step back and reflect on the Mets' disappointing season, Minaya said he found no reason to dismiss Randolph.

The general manager said the decision was his and that Mets ownership -- Fred Wilpon, Saul Katz and Jeff Wilpon -- were fully supportive.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071002&content_id=2245702&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

palehozenychicty
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Willie, like Ozzie, made odd pitching and position switches from time to time. Nevertheless, he isn't the problem. I think the Mets' problem was that they are just too damn old across the roster and their prospects (Milledge, Gomez, Humber, Pelfrey) aren't quite ready to contribute full-time at the big league level. Throw in shaky starting pitching and an overtaxed pen, and Flushing Meadows is filled with dead carcasses.

Seriously, Minaya is at fault for dealing guys like Bell and relying on El Duque to carry the staff.

asindc
10-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Willie, like Ozzie, made odd pitching and position switches from time to time. Nevertheless, he isn't the problem. I think the Mets' problem was that they are just too damn old across the roster and their prospects (Milledge, Gomez, Humber, Pelfrey) aren't quite ready to contribute full-time at the big league level. Throw in shaky starting pitching and an overtaxed pen, and Flushing Meadows is filled with dead carcasses.

Seriously, Minaya is at fault for dealing guys like Bell and relying on El Duque to carry the staff.

I agree 100%. Relying on that pitching staff was a gamble that didn't pay off.