PDA

View Full Version : TBS-HD to launch on Comcast in Chicago by tomorrow

pierzynski07
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-071002comcasthd,1,5066034.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Sure, it's just talking about the Cubs, but it's nice to have the other games. Question though, is TNT HD already available, since a couple games will be on that channel?

Rocky Soprano
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-071002comcasthd,1,5066034.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Sure, it's just talking about the Cubs, but it's nice to have the other games. Question though, is TNT HD already available, since a couple games will be on that channel?

TBS and TNT are already on HD on DirecTV.

pierzynski07
10-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Good for you. Don't care for a Dish though.

cleanwsox
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Nice, it was horrible watching the grainy station last night. Once you go HD in sports, its so tough to go back.

Mr.1Dog
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
TNT is HD on Comcast.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Nice, it was horrible watching the grainy station last night. Once you go HD in sports, its so tough to go back.

Agreed, it sucked.

And yes, TNT HD is already available on Comcast here in Chicago.

champagne030
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93331

looks like you were beaten by 1 minute.....

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93331

looks like you were beaten by 1 minute.....

And I beat it by 15 hours.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1691738&postcount=30

:wink:

salty99
10-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Who gets a dish in the city of wind?

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM

Haha! You walk up and down the ally behind my house, and you'll see at least 1 of every 2 houses having a dish attached. I love my DirecTV too. I think dishes are getting even more popular than cable.

champagne030
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM

People who can afford to have cable backup. I had Direct and after one winter had to get basic cable as a backup. I said **** that and just went all cable. The only thing I miss is the NFL Ticket. I'm way out on the western end of civilization in the Chicago area now and I'm thinking of going back to the dish and having basic comcast as a backup. 3 flurries in winter time or more than a shower in the summer and the Direct blows, but the idea of all those HD channels during good weather sounds so good......

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
People who can afford to have cable backup. I had Direct and after one winter had to get basic cable as a backup. I said **** that and just went all cable. The only thing I miss is the NFL Ticket. I'm way out on the western end of civilization in the Chicago area now and I'm thinking of going back to the dish and having basic comcast as a backup. 3 flurries in winter time or more than a shower in the summer and the Direct blows, but the idea of all those HD channels during good weather sounds so good......

I've never lost my satellite signal for more than 15 minutes at any time during heavy storms. You can just go and brush it off in the wintertime when it snows as well, as long as it's put at an accessible place (mine's bolted to my back deck).

Jaffar
10-03-2007, 08:11 AM
TBS HD was available as of yesterday in my area on Comcast (Dekalb County).

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2007, 08:37 AM

People that:

a. Don't want to get screwed by Comcast
b. Wan't to get a better signal
c. Wan't more HD channels
d. Don't want to deal with Comcast customer service

Should I keep going?

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Good for you. Don't care for a Dish though.

Was just making a comment, don't have to get your panties in a bunch.

Luke
10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
People that:

a. Don't want to get screwed by Comcast
b. Wan't to get a better signal
c. Wan't more HD channels
d. Don't want to deal with Comcast customer service

Should I keep going?

How many HD channels do you get? I'm so tired of Comcast, but it ends up being a wash cost-wise once you factor in HD, DVR, HBO etc.

I would ask if the customer service is better, but I can't imagine how it could possibly be worse.

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
How many HD channels do you get? I'm so tired of Comcast, but it ends up being a wash cost-wise once you factor in HD, DVR, HBO etc.

I would ask if the customer service is better, but I can't imagine how it could possibly be worse.

It is also a pretty sweet deal once internet access is factored in. I have Comcast cable internet service and that thing clocks in at 6 MB download speeds. Way faster than DSL.

knocko94
10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Does anyone have RCN?

I'm looking at it, I would save at least 5 bucks a month over my Comcast package. (Cable +HD DVR + HBO + Internet)

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2007, 09:20 AM

Right now its about 27, by the end of the year they say it will be 100.

My current bill is abut $65, I have the standard package, plus HD, HD DVR and a second non HD DVR. Currently getting HBO free for 6 months.

Bruizer
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
TBS-HD just came up last night on Comcast in the Chicago area - Channel 219. Looked pretty crappy because they were showing an old Seinfeld episode in stretched mode - I hate that.

Bru

Rocky Soprano
10-03-2007, 01:24 PM
TBS-HD just came up last night on Comcast in the Chicago area - Channel 219. Looked pretty crappy because they were showing an old Seinfeld episode in stretched mode - I hate that.

Bru

I hate when they do that, I rather them show the black bars around the screen that stretching out the screen.

Domeshot17
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
TBS HD looks sharp right now for the phillies rockies game!