PDA

View Full Version : Cubs and Snakes will be on Comcast HD.

It's Time
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cs-071002comcasthd,0,1113878.story?coll=chi_tab01_lay out

As should all playoff games.:angry:

Jerko
10-02-2007, 12:43 PM
good, channel 9's HD sucks IMO. Glad that TBSHD is up and running too.

skottyj242
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cs-071002comcasthd,0,1113878.story?coll=chi_tab01_lay out

As should all playoff games.:angry:

I'm confused as to why you're so upset about this.

It's Time
10-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm confused as to why you're so upset about this.

Watching the Rocks and Pads yesterday without HD kinda sucked.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
As long as they don't kick around the Blackhawks opener on Thursday, I'm cool with it

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
As long as they don't kick around the Blackhawks opener on Thursday, I'm cool with it

That's talk I like to hear!!! :bandance:

Purchase Center Ice! Only $149/year for the Early Bird special, and you get to watch EVERY televised NHL game, the AHL All Star game, as well as the entire World Junior Championships! Oh, and you get to watch Hockey Night In Canada every Saturday to listen to the wonderful Coaches Corner by Don Cherry!

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM

The Blackhawks are on CSN, baseball is on TBS. Why would there be a conflict?

It's Time
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
What is Hockey? Is it played in Chicago?

:dunno:

MarySwiss
10-02-2007, 09:28 PM

Uh-oh! Better hope Chisoxfanatic doesn't see this! :duck:

It's Time
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM

Mary,

Is there any buzz at all for the snakes out there? This seems like 2003 all over again with the Braves.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
The Blackhawks are on CSN, baseball is on TBS. Why would there be a conflict?

Well the thread states the Cubs will also be shown on CSN. The Hawks game starts at 7:30. That's where the conflict lies.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM

It never fails. Un-****ing-believable.

It's Time
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
It never fails. Un-****ing-believable.

Sorry, but the Hawks have done jack **** to deserve any attention from me.

MarySwiss
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Mary,

Is there any buzz at all for the shakes out there? This seems like 2003 all over again with the Braves.

There's some buzz, but things are different out here. Maybe because we haven't had to wait 99 years to win a World Series. Or it could be because October in the Valley is damn GORGEOUS, so people are out doing other stuff, like golfing, hiking, biking....

But I think it might be that D'Backs fans just don't think the early round(s) are all that important. In fact, I cannot honestly remember who the D'Backs played in the 2001 divisional rounds, and I'm too lazy to look it up. (Atlanta and St. Louis maybe?) But once it got to D'Backs/Yankees, YIKES!!

And I actually sort of support that attitude. Unless you're going to win the whole thing, who cares what round you lose in?
That said, LET'S GO D'BACKS!!! :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 09:43 PM

But there are quite a few people that do quite enjoy the Hawks and hockey in general that might be quite upset if the season opener they've been looking forward to for months is kicked to the side for the Cubs.

Believe it or not, there are a handful of us on this board.

It's Time
10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
But there are quite a few people that do quite enjoy the Hawks and hockey in general that might be quite upset if the season opener they've been looking forward to for months is kicked to the side for the Cubs.

Fair enough. I have REALLY soured on the Hawks.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Well the thread states the Cubs will also be shown on CSN. The Hawks game starts at 7:30. That's where the conflict lies.

Where does it say the Cubs will be on CSN?

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Where does it say the Cubs will be on CSN?

From my experience, anything that is on CSN would also be on the CSN HD channel.

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Too late, Mary!!! :club:

PREACH ON, bro!!!

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
From my experience, anything that is on CSN would also be on the CSN HD channel.

Perhaps you should read the article again...

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Perhaps you should read the article again...

I guess I could be wrong. However, I've never seen CSN and CSN-HD have different programs running

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I guess I could be wrong. However, I've never seen CSN and CSN-HD have different programs running

The article makes no mention of any playoff baseball being on CSN.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 10:07 PM
The article makes no mention of any playoff baseball being on CSN.

We're both talking about Comcast, right?:?:

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
We're both talking about Comcast, right?:?:

Comcast and CSN are not the same thing.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Comcast and CSN are not the same thing.

I know there's a College Sports Network, but around here CSN is basically used for Comcast SportsNet. According to the Blackhawks schedule (http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule&gameType=2), they play on CSN (I don't imagine the college channel carries them) and they play at 7:30.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I know there's a College Sports Network, but around here CSN is basically used for Comcast SportsNet. According to the Blackhawks schedule (http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule&gameType=2), they play on CSN (I don't imagine the college channel carries them) and they play at 7:30.

You are still missing the key point here: No playoff baseball will be played on CSN whatsoever. Concerns about the Hawks game not being shown on CSN due to playoff baseball are completely unfounded.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
You are still missing the key point here: No playoff baseball will be played on CSN whatsoever. Concerns about the Hawks game not being shown on CSN due to playoff baseball are completely unfounded.

I'll accept that answer. But I'll still have a level of concern when I flip on my TV Thursday night

It's Time
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Comcast cable, guys. It will be on a TBS HD channel.

Jerko
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Then ignore them. :dunno:

MUsoxfan
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Comcast cable, guys. It will be on a TBS HD channel.

Thank you. Although I feel like a slow-adult tonight, it doesn't help that the cable companies name channels after themselves.

:redface:

itsnotrequired
I'll accept that answer. But I'll still have a level of concern when I flip on my TV Thursday night

Comcast = cable television provider in the Chicago area

CSN = Comcast SportsNet, a channel offered on cable television provided by Comcast.

If one wants to watch HD broadcasts of the game on cable TV in the Chicago area, one will need to have Comcast service as they are the only local provider that will have TBS in HD.

It's Time
Then ignore them. :dunno:

I do.

kobo
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Comcast is the name of a cable company

Comcast Sports Net is the name of a channel on Comcast.

Read the article again. It says the games will be shown in HD on Comcast. Not CSN. The TBS HD channel should be going live tomorrow on COMCAST, hence the line that says the playoff games will be in HD on Comcast.

kobo
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Comcast = cable television provider in the Chicago area

CSN = Comcast SportsNet, a channel offered on cable television provided by Comcast.
D'oh! You beat me by one minute. :tongue:

Jerko
10-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I do.

Ignoring them and posting "what, they play hockey in chicago" is 2 different things IMO.

As for the games, the Hawks opener is on comcast sports net and the Cubs are on TBS.

chisoxmike
10-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Watching the Rocks and Pads yesterday without HD kinda sucked.

Good God, get over it. I've seen games on HD and yeah, it's amazing. But I have no problems when at home watching games on my regular TV from 1991. :o::o::o:

Would I'd rather watch it on HD, of course. But its not the ****ing end of the earth.

Nellie_Fox
10-03-2007, 01:24 AM

:dunno:At every single mention of the Blackhawks, there's a poster who thinks this type of comment is clever. At least come up with something new.

spiffie
10-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Good God, get over it. I've seen games on HD and yeah, it's amazing. But I have no problems when at home watching games on my regular TV from 1991. :o::o::o:

Would I'd rather watch it on HD, of course. But its not the ****ing end of the earth.
Just because you churn your own butter and enjoy watching the games on your Philco doesn't mean the rest of us need to be subjected to such visual torture as non-HD broadcasts.

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Just because you churn your own butter and enjoy watching the games on your Philco doesn't mean the rest of us need to be subjected to such visual torture as non-HD broadcasts.

:rolling:

Sure, it isn't the end of the world to watch a non-HD broadcast but for a game on the level of a tiebreaker, it seems rather cheesy to not offer it in HD.