PDA

View Full Version : Emails from White Sox re: DHL Shipment?

palehosepub
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I have received emails from the White Sox with DHL tracking numbers for both of my White Sox season ticket accounts. It supposedly is a one pound package shipped from Libertyville. Did others get these emails? Anyone know what they are sending? Thome commemorative item? 2008 invoice (just kidding).

Jerko
10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I got one yesterday and I'm assuming it's my invoice since they already cleared my online account balance.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 12:52 PM
No e-mail for me but I did notice I can no longer check my TicketExchange balance online.

doogiec
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
The description on my DHL notification email states "Season Ticket Renewal". I can't figure out why they would go to the expense of sending this via DHL instead of mailing it.

Bruizer
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
My Rep indicated the renewel forms were being sent out. It will include a form for upgrading your seats.

Bru :cool:

Jerko
10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
you mean they're not our 2007 playoff tickets?

salty99
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Haha.

I also thought they may send out a print for Thome's 500th, just like they did for Buehrle. They also could be sending the remaining items from the promotional days.

palehosepub
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought the Thome print might also be the promo gift, seems like an invoice or renewal form could just be emailed or snail mailed...

itsnotrequired
10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I thought the Thome print might also be the promo gift, seems like an invoice or renewal form could just be emailed or snail mailed...

Last year, the renewal form came as regular mail. Only the season tickets, postseason tickets (:rolleyes:), season ticket holder gift boxes, etc. came as DHL shipments.

salty99
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
U better start watching that porch then!

Harry Potter
10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
was there a Season Ticket holder gift this year? (with last year being the supersized replica world series trophy)

dickallen15
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
was there a Season Ticket holder gift this year? (with last year being the supersized replica world series trophy)
The team held off KC for 4th place in the Central, and you want an additional gift? You greedy...............

chisoxmike
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM

Probably the Buehrle poster.

LauraJ14
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
We should get more gifts cause we had to sit thru so many bad games this year.

jenn2080
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I should probably contact my rep since it seems DHL cannot find my apartment:rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Last year, the renewal form came as regular mail. Only the season tickets, postseason tickets (:rolleyes:), season ticket holder gift boxes, etc. came as DHL shipments.
I'm thinking we'll be getting extra goodies in there too. A couple sheets of paper doesn't weigh a pound.

I'd imagine it would be here either tomorrow or Thursday. The email did say that it was shipped today.

Steelrod
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
It's a plastic license plate frame..and invoice!

Cat Thief
10-03-2007, 11:29 AM

Seriously? Is the invoice due date really the 22nd?

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Seriously? Is the invoice due date really the 22nd?

:o:

Is that a joke? They're only giving us two weeks for the 1st half? Wasn't last year's 1st half payment something like November 15?

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
:o:

Is that a joke? They're only giving us two weeks for the 1st half? Wasn't last year's 1st half payment something like November 15?

First half was due way back in August last year due to the postseason invoices.

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
First half was due way back in August last year due to the postseason invoices.

Well, when the Sox **** themselves last year and blew it, any remaining balance was due in mid-November.

Harry Potter
10-03-2007, 11:43 AM
IIRC, Post season invoice was payed in August, remainder of first 50% 2007 Invoice was paid in November (invoice less post season amount bc post season money was applied to 2007 Invoice), and final 50% of 2007 invoice was paid in February.

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
IIRC, Post season invoice was payed in August, remainder of first 50% 2007 Invoice was paid in November (invoice less post season amount bc post season money was applied to 2007 Invoice), and final 50% of 2007 invoice was paid in February.

You know, I think you're right. The stink last year was you had to decide back in August if you wanted to renew. You basically had no time to think about it.

DumpJerry
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Take a deep breath everyone. All is ok at 35th and Shields. I did not get the email and when I checked my account online, there was no invoice. I called the office and the guy put my invoice online and it had a due date of November 2, 2007. It showed the full amount due. After I picked myself up off the floor, he explained that the renewal packages which were sent out Monday via DHL ("with some promotional goodies") will offer several payment options:

1. Four payments (automatic on your credit card)
2. Two payments.
3. Give us all the cash now so we can sign Hunter.

Bottom line: October 22nd is not the due date. I like the four payment option.

Joe Jung was my rep, but he got kicked upstairs a month or so ago. I was told that "Dan" would be starting on Monday to take over Joe's accounts and an email would be sent out introducing him.

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Take a deep breath everyone. All is ok at 35th and Shields. I did not get the email and when I checked my account online, there was no invoice. I called the office and the guy put my invoice online and it had a due date of November 2, 2007. It showed the full amount due. After I picked myself up off the floor, he explained that the renewal packages which were sent out Monday via DHL ("with some promotional goodies") will offer several payment options:

2. Two payments.

Joe Jung was my rep, but he got kicked upstairs a month or so ago. I was told that "Dan" would be starting on Monday to take over Joe's accounts and an email would be sent out introducing him.

I logged into my account and the front page says the 2008 invoices are up and able to be paid. When I click on the "view/pay invoices" button, it says no invoices are found.

Maybe they are still updating the system...

Harry Potter
10-03-2007, 12:17 PM

2. Two payments.

Thanks for clarifying Dump. Hopefully all of us can step back from the ledge. Glad to know there are different payment options this year, especially the four payment option.

Joe too was my rep. When he informed everyone that he was leaving his position, I was able to switch to Rob, whom Im went to college with.

NorthSideSox72
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM

2. Two payments.

Good to know. We had Joe Jung as well, so I'll be curious to see what our new rep is like.

BainesHOF
10-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Yep, you get a license plate holder as well as one of those Thome 500 HR cards.

You'll also receive a fancy color brochure to entice you to renew. There's going to be a 2008 Season Ticket Wall of Fame at the park listing your name next season if you want it there. Also, early entry into the park for batting practice for select games. (Personally I'd be much more likely to renew if we got in early for all games.) Plus you'll get an AJ bobblehead for renewing.

I don't think that's going to be enough to cause me to renew...unless perhaps they can improve my seat location substantially.

WhiffleBall
10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
My rep said that seat upgrades will be available but they will be limited and based on seniority. It would be nice to know if we could change seat locations before we make the first payment but that is understandbly impossible to do until the Sox find out who is not renewing.

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I hope they give you your options on a seat upgrade and let you make the decision to move or not. Rather than you putting in for a relocation and then just sticking you somewhere without letting you having the option to stick with your original seats or moving.

skobabe8
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
And a knock on the door from the DHL man as I'm reading this thread. Gotta love it! :gulp:

salty99
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I hope they give you your options on a seat upgrade and let you make the decision to move or not. Rather than you putting in for a relocation and then just sticking you somewhere without letting you having the option to stick with your original seats or moving.

The problem is they don't know yet who will and won't be renewing so they don't know what locations will be open yet.

My rep just told me all online invoices should be available starting tomorrow.

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
The problem is they don't know yet who will and won't be renewing so they don't know what locations will be open yet.

My rep just told me all online invoices should be available starting tomorrow.

Right. I totally get that part.

But when it comes to the relation point, and if you get selected, I hope they say "Well, you can move to sec xxx, row x, seats x. Or, you can stick with your current location."

salty99
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Right. I totally get that part.

But when it comes to the relation point, and if you get selected, I hope they say "Well, you can move to sec xxx, row x, seats x. Or, you can stick with your current location."

Right. My rep said they won't know about locations until December.

Cat Thief
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM

Last year I told my rep that if I can't get what I'm looking for I want to keep what I have. It worked out fine.

chisoxfan83
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
what does the license plate holder look like??? I got the email form the sox but sure my box wont be here until tomorrow or friday thats what usually happens. Does it cost anything to have your name on the wall??

Harry Potter
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Last year I told my rep that if I can't get what I'm looking for I want to keep what I have. It worked out fine.

Same here and I might just do the same for 2008

skobabe8
10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
what does the license plate holder look like??? I got the email form the sox but sure my box wont be here until tomorrow or friday thats what usually happens. Does it cost anything to have your name on the wall??

The license plate holder is black plastic, with the top reading SEASON TICKET HOLDER and the bottom says WHITE SOX in larger font, flanked by the interlocking S-O-X on each side. Its pretty sweet. I dont believe it costs anything for the hall of fame wall thing. They just ask for permission to use your name.

soxinem1
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
And a knock on the door from the DHL man as I'm reading this thread. Gotta love it! :gulp:

Was it a package from Florida sent by Scott Schoeneweis???? :tongue:

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Got my package. Upper Reserved prices have gone up $1/game. A little under a 7% increase. Much less than I expected.

chisoxfanatic
10-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Hey, that's pretty cool!

Got my package. Upper Reserved prices have gone up $1/game. A little under a 7% increase. Much less than I expected.
Is that 7% increase uniform, or was there any information about the other parts of the stadium having different % increases?

itsnotrequired
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Is that 7% increase uniform, or was there any information about the other parts of the stadium having different % increases?

All that was included was the invoice. Those in other sections should be able to post what their prices are in their sections.

champagne030
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM

So I should be expecting a 7% bump in payroll? $7M pays for a couple of decent veteran bullpen guys.

ChiSox524
10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Can 27 game plan holders get club level or premium lower box next year?

Harry Potter
10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Didn't receive a DHL delivery, but my 2008 invoice was available online.

Full Season Parking stayed the same ($16/game)

My full season seat (Lower Reserved) went up $81 from last year (or $1/game) Total % increase of the seat was 3.5%

Martinigirl
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Did anyone get one that is a 27 game season ticket holder? Or are the license plate holders only for full season ticket holders?

chisoxmike
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Did 27-plan holders get info on what games are included in the 2008 plans?

anewman35
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
So I should be expecting a 7% bump in payroll? $7M pays for a couple of decent veteran bullpen guys.

Payroll isn't the only cost the team has.

skobabe8
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Did anyone get one that is a 27 game season ticket holder? Or are the license plate holders only for full season ticket holders?

I got the license plate/Jim Thome 5X7 card and I have a 27 game plan.

Mike, theres nothing that says what games are included in my package.

EDIT: SORRY MIKE! It was on the back of the home schedule.

champagne030
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Payroll isn't the only cost the team has.

No, but the ticket price increase is not the only revenue stream increasing next year.

grv1974
10-04-2007, 08:40 AM
You should probably just go a plastic license plate holder if you want one that badly. Unless, of course, you don't have 37 cents.

salty99
10-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Premium Upper Box also went up $1 per seat per game.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Premium Upper Box also went up $1 per seat per game.

Wow, I wonder if everything went up by only $1? That would put the increase on the order of anywhere from 3% for Premium Lower Box to 7% for Upper Reserved (higher percentage increase due to the lower face value of the ticket). Much less than expected.

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
You should probably just go a plastic license plate holder if you want one that badly. Unless, of course, you don't have 37 cents.

Where exactly can you get a license plate frame that says 'White Sox Season Ticket Holder' for 37 cents?

Bruizer
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM

So which games are included in the 27-game Hit and Run Plan?

Bru

FoulkeFan
10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
So which games are included in the 27-game Hit and Run Plan?

Bru

I don't have it here in front of me, but if I remember correctly opening day was included along with all of the Tuesday and Friday night home games with a couple each of Wed and Thurs games if that helps.

chisoxmike
10-04-2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks buddy!

:thumbsup:

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks buddy!

:thumbsup:

Here are the plans:

chisoxmike
10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Here are the plans:

Did you ever know you're my hero?

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 11:22 AM

The dream is still alive, for folks like me and you...

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Yes I knew that.

I hope its big enough for everyone to read. Took me forever to figure out how to do that.

Martinigirl
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Here are the plans:

Thank you!

Bruizer
10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes I knew that.

I hope its big enough for everyone to read. Took me forever to figure out how to do that.

Looks good! Thanks!

I'm pleased! Two NYY, two BOS, Elvis night (I think), plus a bunch of other goodies.

Bru :cool:

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Is the Season Ticketholder Exchange no longer gonna be done? I saw on the list of season ticketholder perks in the booklet included in the package that they'd be handled through Stub Hub instead. Does this mean we can't have it credited towards our account?

I also noticed that we'll be allowed even early entry to all games as season ticketholders...They're gonna let us in to watch Sox batting practice! That's pretty cool! They're also giving each of us a limited edition of AJ Pierzynski bobbleheads if we make our payments on time.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Is the Season Ticketholder Exchange no longer gonna be done? I saw on the list of season ticketholder perks in the booklet included in the package that they'd be handled through Stub Hub instead. Does this mean we can't have it credited towards our account?

I also noticed that we'll be allowed even early entry to all games as season ticketholders...They're gonna let us in to watch Sox batting practice! That's pretty cool! They're also giving each of us a limited edition of AJ Pierzynski bobbleheads if we make our payments on time.

Read the text carefully. It mentions the batting practice perk for "select games throughout the season". That could be one game a week or one game or month or whatever. I doubt it is all of them.

As for StubHub, it is my understanding that you will get cash for the tickets sold. THere would be no account balance.

Jerko
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Double check your balance!!!! I sold the last 2 games of the year on the white sox ticket exchange, and that is not represented on the hard copy of the invoice I just got in the mail. If you sold any of the last few games online, make sure you're paying the correct balance. The balance of the invoice I got in the mail is obviously for more $$$ than the online balance shown. Looks like the paper invoices were printed before they tabbed up the last two games that were sold online. :rolleyes:

LauraJ14
10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Well I haven't gotten my package yet and when I check the DHL website its says its been scheduled for delivery since Tuesday morning, what's taking so long??

Jerko
10-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Well I haven't gotten my package yet and when I check the DHL website its says its been scheduled for delivery since Tuesday morning, what's taking so long??

Mine was scheduled since Monday morning and I got it Thursday, so hopefully you'll get yours Friday.

Bruizer
10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Got my package yesterday - the plastic license plate holder was broken. :(:

Bru

itsnotrequired
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I got an e-mail today from whitesox.com TODAY telling me I should expect my package "later this week". It arrived two days ago.

ilsox7
10-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I got an e-mail today from whitesox.com TODAY telling me I should expect my package "later this week". It arrived two days ago.

It's obvious the White Sox have invented some sort of time travelling machine. This should prove to be a major boost for our scouting department.

chisoxmike
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
It's obvious the White Sox have invented some sort of time travelling machine. This should prove to be a major boost for our scouting department.

Maybe we can trade BA for Vazquez instead of Chris Young. :tongue:

jenn2080
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
To my surprise I received my package yesterday. Cannot wait to start making payments.

chisoxmike
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
To my surprise I received my package yesterday. Cannot wait to start making payments.

I opted for the 4 payment plan. Made the first one last night. :(:

whitesoxwilkes
10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Mine showed up today. We're gonna do the 4 payment plan I think.

chisoxfanatic
10-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Got my package yesterday - the plastic license plate holder was broken. :(:

Bru

Oh, does that suck! Maybe they can send you a new one!

I already put mine on my car. It sure matches my Sox-themed license plate. :D:

I'll be doing the 2-payment option.