PDA

View Full Version : From the Tribune School of Journalism?: Writer Dooms Mets

Domeshot17
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08262007/sports/mets/its_not_official__but_nl_east_.htm

This is a freaking great read, especially after the fact. I hope this guy feels like a real jackass right now, and I hope he has some Philly writers throwing this in his face. This why I hate the media so much, guys who most likely have never thrown a ball in their life but get paid a ton of money to put this out.

This guy should be locked in a room with Brett Meyers.

chisoxmike
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
This is ****ing classic!

Oblong
09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
People need to stop reading newspapers and the major sites for analysis and opinion regarding things that happen on the baseball field. These guys don't know anything that members of message boards all over the country know. The only thing they can now offer us that's "exclusive" relates to behind the scenes access.

Just look at the MLB playoff predictions every year. Last year ESPN had 19 "experts" plot out the playoffs and I don't think anyone got the WS right, let alone the Tigers beating the Yankees. That's just my personal example. I'm sure in 2005 it was all wrong too.

It's out there on the net. YOu just have to find it and stick with the smart people. Access to a column doesn't mean you know baseball. It just means you can write X amount of words a couple of times a week. Which is what many of us do anyway, in addition to our day job.

kba
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
While this column was inane and naive, at least the guy was supporting his local team. Certain Chicago columnists are just as inane, but seem to think they can sell more papers attacking the local team and predicting doom and gloom ... even during a 99-win World Championship season.

itsnotrequired
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
It is the Post, what do you expect?