PDA

View Full Version : The Marlins are very close.

It's Time
09-30-2007, 11:05 PM
To being a very dominant team. If they get their pitching staff in order, that could be a 90-95 win team. So many young studs on offense. Not only that, they really took great pride in kicking both the Cubs and Mets ass this week.

And by kicking the Mets ass, they kicked them right out of the playoffs.:redneck

eriqjaffe
09-30-2007, 11:56 PM
To being a very dominant team. If they get their pitching staff in order, that could be a 90-95 win team. So many young studs on offense. Not only that, they really took great pride in kicking both the Cubs and Mets ass this week.

And by kicking the Mets ass, they kicked them right out of the playoffs.:redneckThat means they're just that much closer to trading Miguel Cabrera. Hopefully to us. For peanuts.

Max Power
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Now they just need to get their own stadium. It's crazy that a team with two championships in the last 10 years can't get their own stadium.

October26
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM

And by kicking the Mets ass, they kicked them right out of the playoffs.:redneck

The Marlins have great young team, this is true. But I wonder about the fanbase support when I hear about 400 fans in attendance at a game earlier this year? In my dreams, the Sox trade for some of that speed the Marlins have and Ozzie is happy with the type of team he's always wanted. Okay, okay, I'll stop dreaming...

MiamiSpartan
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
dumbest thing they ever did was getting rid of Joe Gerardi...

and it is a crappy place to watch baseball, since you are guaranteed to get rained on for at least 30 minutes every night....I'm not talking nice little Seattle rain...I'm talking tropical downpours....
A new park in place of the Orange Bowl, which will be coming down shortly, would be nice...

getonbckthr
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
My guess we will see a chain of events that lead to Florida raping Boston in a trade. I picture Arod going somewhere like Anaheim, SF, Sox or Cubs. In turn the NYY sign Lowell to replace Arod. Then Boston goes nuts and sends a rediculous package for Cabrera. Following I can see them dealing Willis for either a nice package or someone like Carl Crawford.