PDA

View Full Version : So, season ticketholders...

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Now that the season's over, and our first installment's due in less than a month (per my account rep), are you renewing?

chisoxmike
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Sure. I'd like to see if Opening Day will be included in the Hit & Run plan before I may a final decision.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I definitely want to. There's nothing better during the summer than to go to Comiskey to watch the boys of summer. I've also created some nice bonds with the season ticketholders around me. They're all renewing as well.

chisoxmike
09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm also putting in for a relocation closer to home plate.

The Dude
10-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes and between Chips and I we only owe $1086. Hopefully it will be less next year after more ticket exchange sales. :bandance:

grv1974
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I definitely want to. There's nothing better during the summer than to go to Comiskey to watch the boys of summer. I've also created some nice bonds with the season ticketholders around me. They're all renewing as well.
Comiskey?

skobabe8
10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm also putting in for a relocation closer to home plate.

Did you find out if you have to take the requested upgrade? Or can you say 'No thanks' and go back to your old seats?

IlliniSox4Life
10-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Comiskey?

Before it was U.S. Cellular Field, the stadium the Sox play at was called Comiskey Park.

DumpJerry
10-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Comiskey?
Sox fan? White Sox, that is.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Count me in for a renewal.

grv1974
10-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Sox fan? White Sox, that is.
It's called U.S. Cellular Field now. Haven't you been paying attention?

grv1974
10-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Before it was U.S. Cellular Field, the stadium the Sox play at was called Comiskey Park.
Key word: BEFORE it was called that.

hi im skot
10-04-2007, 07:46 AM

Ugh.

Get a grip, Jack.

And for the record, I'll be renewing my Ozzie plan. Comiskey (Oh no I didn't!) is my home away from home.

grv1974
10-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Ugh.

Get a grip, Jack.

And for the record, I'll be renewing my Ozzie plan. Comiskey (Oh no I didn't!) is my home away from home.
Who's Jack? So, you're one of those people who clings to the past, huh? We should probably keep calling it that old name from back when it was a sterile stadium.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Who's Jack? So, you're one of those people who clings to the past, huh? We should probably keep calling it that old name from back when it was a sterile stadium.

Seize the now lest we all fall victim to the shackles of history.

hi im skot
10-04-2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.danacarvey.net/images/fm_carvey.jpg

"We fear change."

grv1974
10-04-2007, 08:00 AM
apparently...

mwc44
10-04-2007, 08:04 AM
It's called U.S. Cellular Field now. Haven't you been paying attention?

I don't see good things coming from this... perhaps grv may want to hold on to his hat................

But back to the topic, yes, my ticket partnership is on aboard for its 17th full season.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't see good things coming from this... perhaps grv may want to hold on to his hat................

But back to the topic, yes, my ticket partnership is on aboard for its 17th full season.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's already been banned.

skottyj242
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm in.

MCHSoxFan
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I will renew my DPP if I am not a batboy.

champagne030
10-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm renewing a full and 27 gamer. I understand the small sample size, but a little over 25% of responses are not renewing a season ticket plan. :(:

FoulkeFan
10-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm renewing a full and 27 gamer. I understand the small sample size, but a little over 25% of responses are not renewing a season ticket plan. :(:

It could be worse than that. If 25% of the diehards (WSI members) are not renewing, the percentage will be a lot higher among the more casual fans.

NorthSideSox72
10-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Definitely renewing, we have the weekday package. We got so lucky with our awesome seat location, no way I see us ever not renewing. The only thing we do request each year is to upgrade to full season in the same location, if the weekenders in our seats ever move or fail to renew.

spiffie
10-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I am likely not renewing, but that is solely due to financial reasons. My season ticket partner is dropping out, and I really can't justify spending the cash this coming season either. I may try and grab an Ozzie plan this coming year, and hopefully go back to a 27-game plan for 2009.

Though if the rumors of an AJ bobblehead for renewal are true, the lady of the house might be able to be swayed to renew :D:

salty99
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
I am likely not renewing, but that is solely due to financial reasons. My season ticket partner is dropping out, and I really can't justify spending the cash this coming season either.

Same reason I am not renewing.

Harry Potter
10-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I am likely not renewing, but that is solely due to financial reasons. My season ticket partner is dropping out, and I really can't justify spending the cash this coming season either. I may try and grab an Ozzie plan this coming year, and hopefully go back to a 27-game plan for 2009.

Though if the rumors of an AJ bobblehead for renewal are true, the lady of the house might be able to be swayed to renew :D:

Same reason I am not renewing.

Not to hijack, but there's a good chance I may be looking for someone to pick up a 1/4 or 1/8 of a full-season plan if people out here are still on the fence.

chisoxmike
10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Did you find out if you have to take the requested upgrade? Or can you say 'No thanks' and go back to your old seats?

Haven't got my papers yet. I think they wont even contact people about relocation until mid-December.

Luke
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm not, but only for financial reasons. We just bought a condo, and the mortgage company is insistent that I send them money every month.

chisoxmike
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm not, but only for financial reasons. We just bought a condo, and the mortgage company is insistent that I send them money every month.
:rolling:

voodoochile
10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Not to hijack, but there's a good chance I may be looking for someone to pick up a 1/4 or 1/8 of a full-season plan if people out here are still on the fence.

You know this might make a good thread for the Ticket Exchange forum. People could post what they are looking to split and others could reply. Just a thought, why limit yourselves to responses in this thread, many people may be in a similar boat.

BRDSR
10-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Had to vote no, but it has nothing to do with the team's (non)success this season. I moved out to Virgina mid-season and probably won't be living in the Chicago area for another three or four years. If I come into an extra few grand in the next 30 days I'll renew, but otherwise I just can't afford to spend a bunch of money on something I won't be able to take advantage of.

On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to get in touch with a ticket rep and negotiate being put back to the top of the list or something (if there is a list) in a certain number of years? For instance, can I put together a deal that says "I've been a season ticket holder for three years, I'm moving away for three years, but can I be put at or near the top of the list for 2011 season tickets?" It seems like a customer-oriented team like the White Sox have been recently might make something like this possible.

Sockinchisox
10-04-2007, 10:48 AM
We've always done full season, but we're downgrading to Hit and Run, just can't afford full season for a team that could be near the bottom again next year.

WhiffleBall
10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
You know what else would be nice is if people who are not renewing would let us know their seat location. That would give us an idea of what may be available.

Also, the upgrade form has a bunch of questions about seat upgrade preferences (closer to home or closer to the field, first base or third base side, aisle seat or closer to field, etc). It also states that premium lower box and premium club level will probably not be available.

salty99
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I was in 533 Row 6. I will be dropping it unless 2-3 people join me in the next day. (yeah right)

Hendu
10-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I'll probably be renewing my Ozzie plan, or going in with somebody on a season ticket package, but it all depends on what happens with transit funding. If the CTA has to make major cuts next year, I don't think I'll be going to many games. The commute already takes long enough at current service levels.

DumpJerry
10-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Take it to the WSI Ticket Exchange. There are some there already looking to share.

roylestillman
10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm renewing Hit and Run but going from 4 to 3. One guy had the nerve to move to Milwaukee. Lot of good that bandwagon jumping did him...

tebman
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I plan to re-up on the Ozzie Plan. It's worked out well for me the last several years.

The Sox were terrible this year, I know. But that anonymous quote keeps rattling around in my head:

"A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work."

thegooch
10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm out of my Ozzie plan, partner bailed. Hope to be going in full season with my brother.

Goodman6
10-05-2007, 02:36 PM
We've always done full season, but we're downgrading to Hit and Run, just can't afford full season for a team that could be near the bottom again next year.

Dear Sockinchisox: I've always done full season as well, but now I want to downgrade to Double Play. I received my invoice and relocation forms via DHL, but the form does not allow one to downgrade. You can only upgrade from a partial plan to full season. The invoice I received is for the Full Season Plan and I don't want to pay the required 50% as I will be overpaying for the Double Play Plan. I have a call in to my Ticket Rep. Please tell me how you are going about downgrading, so I can follow your lead. Thank you.

dickallen15
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't know if I can continue without Razor Shines. No Cave in the bullpen? That's going to cost them a few customers.

chisoxmike
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Not a big fan that there isn't a ticket exchange anymore. You can arrange your tickets to be sold through StubHub, I guess you get $$$ now instead of a credit.

Thanks Bud. :rolleyes:

Hendu
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I plan to re-up on the Ozzie Plan. It's worked out well for me the last several years.

The Sox were terrible this year, I know. But that anonymous quote keeps rattling around in my head:

"A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work."

2 of my Ozzie Plan tickets from last season just happened to be Buehrle's no-hitter and Thome's 500th. Even during a crappy season, you never know what you'll see.

I think I'd prefer to stay away from any of the Cubs, Yanks or Red Sox games though.

chisoxfanatic
10-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I think I'd prefer to stay away from any of the Cubs, Yanks or Red Sox games though.
I'm gonna try to sell those tickets too. The only way I will find myself going will be if I can't unload them.

itsnotrequired
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Not a big fan that there isn't a ticket exchange anymore. You can arrange your tickets to be sold through StubHub, I guess you get $$$ now instead of a credit.

What's the difference if you get money or credit? Getting cash is a hell of a lot more flexible than getting credit. I'm guessing you will also be able to lists your games whenever you want (not have to wait until the Sox say you can post them) and you can probably sell them below face if you want.

I'm just guessing though...

cwsfannick
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I will be renewing for next year.

DumpJerry
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM

Mike, I've been putting together a list of reasons why Bud should be fired ASAP.

So far, the list is 8 pages long, single spaced, no margins, 5 point font.

I've only just begun.

itsnotrequired
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Mike, I've been putting together a list of reasons why Bud should be fired ASAP.

So far, the list is 8 pages long, single spaced, no margins, 5 point font.

I've only just begun.

Bud does not work for the fans.

rwcescato
10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
we have 7 tix in front 2 rows section 100 and are renewing again. Told its $1 more per seat but parking remains the same.

Rich:)

Scottiehaswheels
10-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Thanks Bud. :rolleyes:Where'd you hear that? I used that a lot this year unfortunately... It was really nice for last minute games I had planned on going to but couldn't...

DumpJerry
10-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Bud does not work for the fans.
The Hell he doesn't! We pay the money which pays his salary.

itsnotrequired
10-05-2007, 11:19 PM
The Hell he doesn't! We pay the money which pays his salary.

Keep telling yourself that...

:redneck

DumpJerry
10-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Keep telling yourself that...

:redneck
If necessary, I'll change my username to "DumpBud."

I say that whenever the Sox have a home game next year which is on national television, everyone bring signs which call for Bud's ouster.

itsnotrequired
10-05-2007, 11:28 PM
If necessary, I'll change my username to "DumpBud."

I say that whenever the Sox have a home game next year which is on national television, everyone bring signs which call for Bud's ouster.

Despite his early gaffs, Bud is piloting the cargo ship that is carrying massive profits for the players and even more massive profits for the owners. I get the feeling they like this junk captain just fine.

DumpJerry
10-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Despite his early gaffs, Bud is piloting the cargo ship that is carrying massive profits for the players and even more massive profits for the owners. I get the feeling they like this junk captain just fine.
Sigh. I know. I sitll want him fired. He's done nothing for the fans. We're the customers, the fuel that runs the engine, the reason they play the games.

itsnotrequired
10-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I just spoke to my rep and he indicated NEW season ticket sales will begin after November 2, once they have started the process of handling seat upgrade requests. I'm looking to add a third seat for next season (ideally, the one next to my current seats) and asked if I could just pick three new seats right now, even if it meant "degrading" and moving back a couple rows. He said nothing will happen at all until after November 2.

The Dude
10-14-2007, 11:52 PM
So with the ticket exchange no longer being there, will stubhub have a similar process of printing out tickets so we don't have to use old technology to mail the hard tickets?? I really hope I don't have to drive all the way to FedEx to mail ****ing tickets when I could just throw away the ones I sell. :angry:

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 06:15 AM
So with the ticket exchange no longer being there, will stubhub have a similar process of printing out tickets so we don't have to use old technology to mail the hard tickets?? I really hope I don't have to drive all the way to FedEx to mail ****ing tickets when I could just throw away the ones I sell. :angry:

When I talked to my rep last week, he indicated they were still hashing out the details. Issues such as account credit vs. cash sales, e-mailing of tickets, etc. are still up in the air. They were expecting to have theses issues resolved in the next couple months and everyone would get an e-mail/letter explaining how the new system works.

Hitmen77
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Sorry if this was explained more in an earlier post and I just missed it....but what's happening with the White Sox Ticket Exchange?

From the last few posts, I'm gathering that MLB is getting rid of the individual teams' ticket exchanges because they have signed a deal with StubHub to be MLB's official ticket broker. Is that correct??

To be honest, as a buyer, the last couple of years I found better deals on StubHub than on the Sox official ticket exchange. More selection and often lower prices...especially at times when discount codes are available. However, it would be nice if they didn't have to include a FedEx charge for overnighting tickets that are bought well in advance of games.

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Sorry if this was explained more in an earlier post and I just missed it....but what's happening with the White Sox Ticket Exchange?

From the last few posts, I'm gathering that MLB is getting rid of the individual teams' ticket exchanges because they have signed a deal with StubHub to be MLB's official ticket broker. Is that correct??

To be honest, as a buyer, the last couple of years I found better deals on StubHub than on the Sox official ticket exchange. More selection and often lower prices...especially at times when discount codes are available. However, it would be nice if they didn't have to include a FedEx charge for overnighting tickets that are bought well in advance of games.

Talking with my rep, he made it sound as if all secondary-market ticket sales would be handled through StubHub and that any individual Ticket Exchange types of programs ran by the various teams would be discontinued. He was pretty sure that dollar amounts from sales would be given directly to the seller. In other words, there would be no "account balance" that could only be applied to next year's season tickets. This is an obvious advantage to the seller.

He also indicated there would be no min/max limits placed on the sale price. With the Ticket Exchange, there were limits. Sometimes you just want to get rid of your tickets (at a loss, if need be) but the Sox didn't want people to be able to buy tickets from season ticket holders for LESS than what the box office was charging. This limitaion would be removed next year (unless the teams insist they can't be listed for less than face).

The Ticket Exchange also limited when you could post tickets for sale. With StubHub, you can post your tickets for whatever game you want, regardless of how far in advance it is.

The big stink will be with the mailing of the tickets. Having to trek over to FedEx all the time will be a major pain. E-mail is obviously much easier. He didn't have any further details though.

Again, this is what he told me but he stressed that it was all in flux right now. He was guessing iall issues would be resolved by the end of the year.

chisoxfanatic
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Since Ticketmaster is used for the Ticket Exchange, would this be a sign that they are slowly going to phase away from using Ticketmaster at all? How great would that be!

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Since Ticketmaster is used for the Ticket Exchange, would this be a sign that they are slowly going to phase away from using Ticketmaster at all? How great would that be!

Why, so they could transition to tickets.com? It isn't like that is some kind of paradise over there...

It's Dankerific
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I officially renewed. In the end, my love of the White Sox overruled my brain in not trusting the 2008 product...

DumpJerry
10-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I officially renewed. In the end, my love of the White Sox overruled my brain in not trusting the 2008 product...
Sent mine in today. No reason to not do so. You can't beat fun at the Ol' Ballpark!

itsnotrequired
10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Sent mine in today. No reason to not do so. You can't beat fun at the 'Ole Ballpark!

I heard Bud bought the seat next to you. Riviting conversation will be on tap for 2008.

DumpJerry
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I heard Bud bought the seat next to you. Riviting conversation will be on tap for 2008.
:bandance::supernana::bandance::gulp::happybday

chisox2k8
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm new to season tickets can someone give me a ruff guess the prices for season tickets,partial and so on.

chisoxfanatic
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm new to season tickets can someone give me a ruff guess the prices for season tickets,partial and so on.
I have the 27-game weekday plan with only 1 seat (section 149) and am renewing it for $956.

salty99
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Here is the entire breakdown for 1 seat:

FULL SEASON:
Premium Club - $3443
Club - $3200
Premium Lower - 3362
Lower Box - 2714
Lower Reserved -2390
bleachers - 2228
Premium Upper - 1742
Upper Box - 1580
Upper Reserved - 1256

HIT RUN:
Lower Box - 956
Lower Reserved - 848
bleachers - 794
Premium Upper - 632
Upper Box - 578
Upper Reserved - 470

DOUBLE PLAY WEEKEND:
Lower Box - 976
Lower Reserved - 868
bleachers - 814
Premium Upper - 652
Upper Box - 598
Upper Reserved - 490

chisox2k8
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I take it they are not selling US seats or those are sold out

itsnotrequired
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM

US seats? As in, Scout seats?

chisox2k8
10-17-2007, 09:54 PM
US seats? As in, Scout seats?Ya those heh my bad:smile:

Btw i'm a bit paronoid last year my girlfriend and i went to 4 sox games and our record going is 0-4 .:D:

itsnotrequired
10-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Ya those heh my bad:smile:

Btw i'm a bit paronoid last year my girlfriend and i went to 4 sox games and our record going is 0-4 .:D:

You will have to contact the Sox direct about Scout Seats. I believe Tom Collins is still the coordinator for premium seating.

Have your checkbook handy...

DumpJerry
10-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Ya those heh my bad:smile:

I believe there is a wait list for the Scout Seats. Check the Sox site, it may have information. www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com)

0-4? Sorry, but you won't be allowed in.

SoxandtheCityTee
10-17-2007, 11:52 PM
You will have to contact the Sox direct about Scout Seats. I believe Tom Collins is still the coordinator for premium seating.

Have your checkbook handy...

And your home equity line . . .

Frater Perdurabo
10-18-2007, 06:31 AM
And your home equity line . . .

Would they accept a kidney?

Luke
10-22-2007, 08:42 AM

I have no spine. I just renewed. Living in a box is really going to suck.

The Dude
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM
I have no spine. I just renewed. Living in a box is really going to suck.

You do have a spine. I think renewing shows you are far from spineless. Now lets take back this division that our fellow AL central bums keep blowing in the playoffs!:gulp:

itsnotrequired
10-22-2007, 09:30 AM
I just realized I hadn't renewed yet.

Mission = accomplished.

Luke
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
You do have a spine. I think renewing shows you are far from spineless. Now lets take back this division that our fellow AL central bums keep blowing in the playoffs!:gulp:

Did I say spine? I meant to say money. I'm money less. Come next September I'll be pleased with my decision though.

Steelrod
10-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Did I say spine? I meant to say money. I'm money less. Come next September I'll be pleased with my decision though.
CAN'T BEAT POSITIVE THINKING!

Kuzman
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
All I know is i'm not impressed with Tyler Johnson as a rep. I've emailed this cat 3 times to have him get a hold of me so I can add parking on my plan and I haven't had a response yet. It's been over a month. Is it possible to have your reps changed?

itsnotrequired
10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
All I know is i'm not impressed with Tyler Johnson as a rep. I've emailed this cat 3 times to have him get a hold of me so I can add parking on my plan and I haven't had a response yet. It's been over a month. Is it possible to have your reps changed?

Try calling him direct.

(312) 674-5172

OzzieBall2004
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM

I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Parking can be added anytime between now and opening day. It's not like the spots are reserved, and I'm fairly certainly you'll get the same lot(s) today as you would in April.

Jason82807
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM

I asked about Scout seats after the 2006 season and Maribeth Reese said they were all sold out to multiyear contracts, so my best guess is they will not be available for 2008.

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I sent the money for half of my cost. I want my AJ Pierzynski bobblehead! :smile:

I emailed my rep and got no reply to this question, so I thought I'd throw it out there to those who already are members of the Stadium Club. The people next to me and I all have the 27-game plan, and we'd like to know if we could tie a SC membership to two accounts, each account paying for half of the membership, and each account getting half the alotted SC membership "tickets."

itsnotrequired
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I sent the money for half of my cost. I want my AJ Pierzynski bobblehead! :smile:

The renewal package states that payments made BEFORE a given date are eligible for raffles and what not. What if the payment is made ON that date? For example, the "World Series Excursion" requires people to pay 20%, 50% or 100% of the balance by November 2. These percentages correspond to the payment plan options. As everyone has to have some money in by November 2, isn't everyone that renews eligible for these prizes?

:dunno:

Brian26
10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

I want your AJ bobblehead too. Give it to me. Trade me. I have an extra Esteban Loaiza bobblehead from 2004 when I stood in line for two hours before the game and got the worst sunburn of my life. I'll also throw in ten random White Sox cards of Armando Rios and Brian Daubach.

DumpJerry
10-22-2007, 07:06 PM

I emailed my rep and got no reply to this question, so I thought I'd throw it out there to those who already are members of the Stadium Club. The people next to me and I all have the 27-game plan, and we'd like to know if we could tie a SC membership to two accounts, each account paying for half of the membership, and each account getting half the alotted SC membership "tickets."
Think about your question for a minute.

Ok. One of you pay for a membership and then split the cost and tickets with the other.

Am I missing something?

salty99
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I want your AJ bobblehead too. Give it to me. Trade me. I have an extra Esteban Loaiza bobblehead from 2004 when I stood in line for two hours before the game and got the worst sunburn of my life. I'll also throw in ten random White Sox cards of Armando Rios and Brian Daubach.

You can buy mine off e-bay for $99.99

russ99
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm going to pass on the Ozzie plan this year.

For 2 reasons. I don't want to deal with Cubs or Red Cubs fans in 2008, as I was beyond appalled with their road-game behavior this year. Makes me want to go to Wrigley for Cubs-Sox in '08 and act like an ass and spill beer everywhere just to get even. I don't mind a bit of good-natured ribbing or cheering for the visiting team, but there was an inherent lack of respect by those two groups. Yankees fans were nicer and more respectful, and that's really saying something!

Primarily, I feel I got shafted by the Sox holding back available lower-deck tickets (or primo upper deck tickets) for any potential season-ticket purchasers during Ozzie sales last January, and I could have gotten much better seats by purchasing when single-game tickets went on sale. Also, that Ticketmaster "best seats" BS probably messed me up too. The Ozzie plan people should get much better availability than we got last season since they're fronting the Sox a season's worth of ticket money in January.

I'll be doing single-game tickets for my 13 (probably more) games for 2008.

salty99
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Can't you get an Ozzie plan without Cubs or Red Sox games?

itsnotrequired
10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Can't you get an Ozzie plan without Cubs or Red Sox games?

Yes.

I think the point was more that lots of good seats were held for possible season ticket holders during the Ozzie Plan sales. So "best available" wasn't all that great. Better seats were available when single game tickets went on sale.

Ozzie plan has the most appeal to those that want to go to Cubs or other marquee games and be guarenteed a seat. The $1/ticket savings amounts to a whopping $13 savings over the year.

It does give you access to My White Sox account which lets you forward tickets so that is something, i guess.

I suppose if I was looking to go to 12 or so games a year and didn't care about the Cubs games, I would probably purchase tickets individually as well.

salty99
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes.

I think the point was more that lots of good seats were held for possible season ticket holders during the Ozzie Plan sales. So "best available" wasn't all that great. Better seats were available when single game tickets went on sale.

Ozzie plan has the most appeal to those that want to go to Cubs or other marquee games and be guarenteed a seat. The $1/ticket savings amounts to a whopping $13 savings over the year.

It does give you access to My White Sox account which lets you forward tickets so that is something, i guess.

I suppose if I was looking to go to 12 or so games a year and didn't care about the Cubs games, I would probably purchase tickets individually as well.

Right. It also saves on the ticketmaster fees, but you can do that at the box office anyway.

itsnotrequired
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Right. It also saves on the ticketmaster fees, but you can do that at the box office anyway.

Yep. It might just be a pain for some people to trek down there. That is another advantage to getting an Ozzie plan.

starboy0
10-27-2007, 07:51 PM
... I don't want to deal with Cubs or Red Cubs fans in 2008, as I was beyond appalled with their road-game behavior this year. Makes me want to go to Wrigley for Cubs-Sox in '08 and act like an ass and spill beer everywhere just to get even. I don't mind a bit of good-natured ribbing or cheering for the visiting team, but there was an inherent lack of respect by those two groups...

I noticed that last year in particular also. I used to buy extra tickets to the Cubs series when season ticket holders get that one day in advance deal. But this year I'm passing.