PDA

View Full Version : Best Wishes To A-Row And Gooch

Steelrod
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Here's wishing the Phillies with Rowand and Uguchi best of luck in the National League Playoffs. Can't think of a NL team I would prefer to succeed.

robertks61
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Here's wishing the Phillies with Rowand and Uguchi best of luck in the National League Playoffs. Can't think of a NL team I would prefer to succeed.

I agree!

MarySwiss
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree!

Me too! Well, for the first round! :wink:

Scottiehaswheels
09-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Me too! Well, for the first round! :wink::cheers:

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
There is only ONE NL team I don't want in the World Series. To be honest with you, I think that, if Colorado made it, they would be the team to beat. It's all about who's the hottest at the time, and noone's as hot as they are.

thomas35forever
09-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Perfect scenario: Game 7 of the NLCS at Citizens Bank Park. The Cubs are up by three runs in the ninth inning with two outs. The Phillies then proceed to load the bases in one way or another. Aaron Rowand steps up to the plate against Dempster and works the count full before knocking it out of the park and falling into the hearts of Phillies fans forever. GO PHILLY!!!!!!!!!

palehozenychicty
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
If the Rox get in, they are going to be a tough team to beat. Truly scintillating over the past month. If not them, then the Phils are my team. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Perfect scenario: Game 7 of the NLCS at Citizens Bank Park. The Cubs are up by three runs in the ninth inning with two outs. The Phillies then proceed to load the bases in one way or another. Aaron Rowand steps up to the plate against Dempster and works the count full before knocking it out of the park and falling into the hearts of Phillies fans forever. GO PHILLY!!!!!!!!!
Perfect scenario: The Cubs getting swept in the ALDS in convincing fashion protecting Sox fans hearts and digestive systems from dealing with unnecessary problems.

thomas35forever
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Perfect scenario: The Cubs getting swept in the ALDS in convincing fashion protecting Sox fans hearts and digestive systems from dealing with unnecessary problems.
The Cubs switched leagues?? Tell me about it.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
That's my second typo regarding that...LOL! NLDS.

DumpJerry
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm puilling for Iguchi.

TheOldRoman
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Has Iguchi played regularly, or even very much at all, since Utley came back form that injury?

Viva Medias B's
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM

If the Cubs were in the AL, they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

DumpJerry
09-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Has Iguchi played regularly, or even very much at all, since Utley came back form that injury?
I think he's the "Uguchi" guy the threadmaker refers to. They were combined to bring out the best in both players.

Viva Medias B's
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm for Philly in the NL, even though I bought an Arizona cap at Grandstand today for reasons I cannot remember. I bet Pete and Rosemary at Grandstand are selling a lot of Diamondback caps for some unknown reason.

Jjav829
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM

Nope. They gave Iguchi a few starts against lefties after Utley came back to ease Utley back into the lineup, but other than that, it's all been pinch-hitting for Iguchi. There's no place to play him. They sure as hell aren't going to sit Utley to find at-bats for Iguchi.

soxinem1
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
The Phillies with their fierce finish, with NYM historic collapse, and COL are the two I hope fight to represent the NL in the World Series. For all the talk about canning Manuel and Hurdle just months ago, and the Roxx putting together the best pitching staff in their history, are really great stories.

vegyrex
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I hope Aaron and Gooch have a monster post season! :smile:

TDog
09-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm for Philly in the NL, even though I bought an Arizona cap at Grandstand today for reasons I cannot remember. I bet Pete and Rosemary at Grandstand are selling a lot of Diamondback caps for some unknown reason.

The Diamondbacks and the Padres used to be my home teams. The sports editor at my last newspaper, who was a pretty cool guy, wore a Phillies jersey to work sometimes, and it would be great to see to see Rowand and Iguchi get back to the Series. There is only one team in the NL I would cheer against. There are three teams in the AL I would cheer against --the Yankees, Red Sox and Indians -- unless things go terribly wrong.