PDA

View Full Version : *Official* BP was right all along 9-30 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
09-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I guess we should always trust Baseball Prospectus from now...ah **** it.

See you all next season with hopefully a better team.

Anyone notice Hawk said "He Gone" when Uribe struck out?

SoxSpeed22
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Lots of ups and even more downs.
Kenny and Ozzie should have a good idea of who to keep and who to dump.
See you in '08. :bandance:

Edit: Crap, Thomas35Forever wins.

thomas35forever
09-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Edit: Crap, Thomas35Forever wins.
:tongue: It's all good.

RallyBowl
09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, next year has absolutely got to be better. Good season fellow WSIers.

Also BTW, a perfect name to the last postgame thread.

Hitmen77

LOL! I noticed it too.

DoItForDanPasqua
The players seemed especially happy after the game. I guess I would be too if I was rich and going on vacation for the next four and a half months.

ChiSoxGirl
09-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Funnier than that was when DJ swore on the air in the 8th. He said, "Gonzalez has to tighten it up a *****," rather than "Gonzalez gas to tighten it up a bit." He recognized his slip-up, excused himself immediately (but not before laughing about it), then corrected himself. :roflmao:

Bucky F. Dent
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, thank God that's over.

Let's reload, Kenny!

SoxSpeed22
09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
:tongue: It's all good.That it is. :cheers:

KyWhiSoxFan
09-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, at least the Sox will have a first round pick no worse than 8th. They could have dropped a few spots with a win today and really made the season a total failure.

Tragg
09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
I just want to thank Myers and MacDougal for participating in the major league baseball season. The Sox won 72 games, and I can assure you, it couldn't have happened without you.

palehozenychicty
09-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, let's reload/build for next year. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, at least we didn't finish last, so that's a positive. This year was a fluke. Let's hope KW can dump a few players and get back in the thick of things in 2008.

HomeFish
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I had us pegged for 75 wins before the season began. It's bad when the Sox are even worse than I predicted. :o:

PeoriaSoxFan
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
I haven't posted forever. Man what a disappointing season. And now the Bears suck too. What a year. Please Kenny get it right next year. It sucks liking a team so much that plays so bad. Return to Glory 2008!!!

October26
09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, this was another bad Sox game played on a Sunday afternoon. Arggghhh! What's up with that? Bad hangovers after Saturday nite partying? Oh well, thanks to WSIers for another great year (I enjoy hanging out with Sox fans here in our little corner of Cyberworld) and look forward to all good things for our White Sox in 2008.

Hitmen77
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I just want to thank Myers and MacDougal for participating in the major league baseball season. The Sox won 72 games, and I can assure you, it couldn't have happened without you.

It's fitting that these 2 guys gave us one more embarrassing outing to end the season just to remind us of this team's most glaring problem.

Not that it would solve all of our problems, but how much better would we be if we start 2008 without Myers, MacDougal, or Bukvich and - here's the tricky part - replace them with relievers who are at least serviceable.

I hope Jose Contreras is tradeable this winter.

And finally, Damn - the Sox streak of no 90-loss seasons ends at 17. First time with 90 losses since 1989. That was the 2nd longest such streak in the majors. Even the Yanks had lost 90 games more recently than us. Oh well, at least this team deserved 90 losses with the way it played.:angry:

TomParrish79
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
its been an interesting year to say the least.

its only 4 and a half months to think about this...

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004/finale/interactive/gallery.great.finales/seinfeld.jpg
Then we will be back!

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
:hawk
"And this season is OVAH!"

*HUGE sigh of relief!!!*

MrRoboto83
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm kinda sad its over in a way, cause it is a long way away till April. I'll miss going to the ballpark.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm kinda sad its over in a way, cause it is a long way away till April. I'll miss going to the ballpark.
I am too; but, at least we won't have to worry about any more grueling losses.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-30-2007, 05:30 PM
It's fitting that these 2 guys gave us one more embarrassing outing to end the season just to remind us of this team's most glaring problem.

Not that it would solve all of our problems, but how much better would we be if we start 2008 without Myers, MacDougal, or Bukvich and - here's the tricky part - replace them with relievers who are at least serviceable.

If the Sox still have Myers and MacDougal on the roster on opening day, I'm going to be p***ed. Myers can't get anybody out and MacDougal has lost all the zip on his pitches and is easily hittable (that is, when he can even get it in the strike zone).

Two days ago, Cooper was talking about the veteran experience Myers brings and was making it sound like he would be a big contender for a spot in the pen. Wow. Myers is not even good enough for the flammable Yankees pen, but he's good enough for the Sox? The Sox need three or four new arms in the pen next year. If they don't dramatically retool it, it will be 2007 all over again.

MDF3530
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I haven't posted forever. Man what a disappointing season. And now the Bears suck too. What a year. Please Kenny get it right next year. It sucks liking a team so much that plays so bad. Return to Glory 2008!!!Let's get "Back To The Grind" :redneck !

GlassSox
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM

We were sitting in section 110 today and could tell when Ole MacDoodle came out of the bull pen. My wife said oh crap it's MacDoodle here we go again. I hope Ole MacDoodle can head back to farm and take Myers with him as a farm hand. Myers should do okay at the farm unless he has to face a lefty pig at the trough!

Brian26
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Myers can't get anybody out

This game was over as soon as Ozzie decided to leave Myers in to face two right handed hitters after he hit Granderson in the 7th. I don't care what the stats say, Myers should never be facing a right-handed batter when there are available arms in the bullpen late in the game.

Navarro's Talent
09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, Sox fans, it was a bad season, to say the very least. Despite all that, I think KW will stop at nothing to make this team competitve again next season. Here's to the Sox in '08! :cool:

champagne030
09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
This game was over as soon as Ozzie decided to leave Myers in to face two right handed hitters after he hit Granderson in the 7th. I don't care what the stats say, Myers should never be facing a right-handed batter when there are available arms in the bullpen late in the game.

Just Ozzie being Ozzie....

Railsplitter
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
:hawk
"And this season is OVAH!"

*HUGE sigh of relief!!!*
Mercifully

itsnotrequired
09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
A suck end to a suck season.

Final sig update...

chisox77
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
This season was pretty bad.

I say we forget about it and move on to better things in 2008.

:cool:

Viva Medias B's
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I was there for the whole thing, and it was nice after the game when the players stood on in front of the dugout and threw balls into the stands. Also, AJ grabbed a microphone and thanked the fans for their support and also issued an apology over how we played this year.

hi im skot
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I was there for the whole thing, and it was nice after the game when the players stood on in front of the dugout and threw balls into the stands. Also, AJ grabbed a microphone and thanked the fans for their support and also issued an apology over how we played this year.

A.J. never apologized. He thanked the fans for the support and called White Sox fans "the best fans in baseball."

kitekrazy
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I think it will be an interesting off season. That's what makes baseball great.

chisoxmike
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm happy I dont have to watch **** baseball anymore, I'm upset I can't go to the park until April.

TheCommander
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Maybe Hal has some insight on this, but I asked Nancy if she would be back next year and she said the team hasn't talked with her about it yet. :o: How that wonderful woman doesn't get a lifetime contract is beyond me.

mccoydp
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Gosh, glad this season's over with. It will be interesting to see what Kenny does in the offseason. He owes me something (and the rest of you) after I continued to watch their crappy games over the past few months.
I'll be rooting for the Phillies in the playoffs! :D: It would be nice to see the ex-Sox grab another ring for the second time in three seasons!

Brian26
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
A.J. never apologized. He thanked the fans for the support and called White Sox fans "the best fans in baseball."

I agree with this. There was no apology, but it was a nice touch.

JB98
09-30-2007, 09:37 PM
The Sox fall to 8-12 with me in attendance. I saw some great games this year (Buehrle's no-hitter, Thome's 500th, four HRs in an inning against the Devil Rays), but I also saw quite a few clunkers like this one. By the bottom of the seventh, I was just rooting for the game to get over.

This game is yet another example of the bullpen needing a major overhaul, not just "a couple of tweaks." As far as I'm concerned, Jenks and Wassermann have solidified their spots. Everyone else is in limbo at best, and Myers and MacDougal absolutely have to be unloaded this offseason.

Someone remind me why we signed Myers. What a waste of time. I'm not a Boone Logan fan by any means, but Boone is better and cheaper than Myers.

fusillirob1983
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
I've worked til 9 pm or later most nights a week since March and have spent free time studying for the CPA exam or marathon training. I've been lucky enough to go to 3 Sox games this year and see them win all 3.

Personally I would have liked to see the Sox make the playoffs this year but it's been a convenient season for me to not have time to watch baseball. Here's to a better 2008!

Frankfan4life
10-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm almost glad we ended the season with a loss. A win would have given a lot of people false hopes for next year. It was a lousy season, plain and simple, -- one of the worst I've ever seen. The good news is next year will definitely be better (I say that because I don't think we'll be a last place team) but how much better remains to be seen. As Hawk would say "Mercy!!!!"

Nellie_Fox
10-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I've been a Sox fan for over 50 years. I've been through good and bad seasons, but they all have one thing in common for me, and that is the feeling of melancholy that descends on me when the last game of the season is over.

Britt Burns
10-01-2007, 12:56 AM
There is only one thing worse than crappy baseball, and that is no baseball. At least it can't get any worse...

fquaye149
10-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I've been a Sox fan for over 50 years. I've been through good and bad seasons, but they all have one thing in common for me, and that is the feeling of melancholy that descends on me when the last game of the season is over.

I agree--as overjoyed as I was when we clinched in Houston, I found myself somehow wishing there was more ball to be played

Soxfanspcu11
10-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Funnier than that was when DJ swore on the air in the 8th. He said, "Gonzalez has to tighten it up a *****," rather than "Gonzalez gas to tighten it up a bit." He recognized his slip-up, excused himself immediately (but not before laughing about it), then corrected himself. :roflmao:

He said what exactly??

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Did he say the "A-word" pertaining to the butt? Or did he say the "B-word" pertaining to a female dog?? Or did he say neither??? LOL! I know that this is a stupid question, but I'm really curious now!

I was at the game so I missed all the good stuff on TV. I was thinking about tapping it because it was the final game and usually Hawk and DJ and the camera crew try and involve the fans as much as possible during the final game. I'm mad at myself for not tapping it! Damn! That seems to ALWAYS happen to me!!!

Anyway, if you could, without violating the rules of the site, explain exactly what he said? I'm very interested to know!:smile:

Also, I am seriously STUNNED that BP got it right!!!!!

HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I remember when they came out with those stats, EVERYONE, including me, were like, "Umm..........yeah, there is NO WAY!"

Someone needs to do some investigation and see if perhaps they are the owners of a certain GREY'S SPORTS ALMANAC! :o:

ChiSoxGirl
10-01-2007, 08:49 PM
He said what exactly??

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Did he say the "A-word" pertaining to the butt? Or did he say the "B-word" pertaining to a female dog?? Or did he say neither??? LOL! I know that this is a stupid question, but I'm really curious now!

I was at the game so I missed all the good stuff on TV. I was thinking about tapping it because it was the final game and usually Hawk and DJ and the camera crew try and involve the fans as much as possible during the final game. I'm mad at myself for not tapping it! Damn! That seems to ALWAYS happen to me!!!

Anyway, if you could, without violating the rules of the site, explain exactly what he said? I'm very interested to know!:smile:

He said what I bolded in your response. His exact quote was, "Gonzalez needs to tighten it up a *****." LOL! As soon as he realized what he said, he laughed, apologized, and corrected himself.

I taped the game because I had some places to go, so I wouldn't have been able to devote three hours to the game, even if it was the last one of the season. Not having cable, I cherish the ones that are on WGN, WCIU, & FOX, and try to watch as much of them as possible. I was glad I taped it.

Frontman
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM

I do recall Neal Cotts doing just as poorly for the last home game back in 2006. Maybe there's hope Ozzie/Kenny holds onto that last memory of these guys serving up the spicy meatball and move them quickly.

At least in 2006, I went "Ah well, at least the Bears are going strong."

Err, when do pitchers and catchers report? :wink:

Sox
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

I know that old melancholy feeling. I commiserate with you totally. I gonna miss talking WhiteSox baseball until Spring. Man I wish my Grandfather were still alive so that we could go to a WhiteSox game together. :whiner: I'm out.