PDA

View Full Version : Rob Mackowiak has surgery for hernia

WSox597
09-30-2007, 07:18 AM
The other day Mack had surgery for a sports hernia. It bothered him mostly when he ran. So even if the Padres get in, he won't be on the roster.

The Padres are supposed to get back to him soon about whether they're going to re-sign him.

It sounds like the Padres like what he brings to the game, and he might get signed by them.

DumpJerry
09-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Too bad. I was looking forward to him, Rowand and Gooch in the playoffs.

The Dude
09-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Too bad. I was looking forward to him, Rowand and Gooch in the playoffs.

The Mets will win the division. The Padres will win the wild card.

WSox597
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Mets are out of the East, Padres look like they'll get in though.

I'm glad the Phillies are in the playoffs. They don't get in much, and they have the ex-Sox factor going for them.

Phillies look to play San Diego if things hold up.

Arizona is playing some other team. :D:

Madscout
10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Sports Hernia's a *****...

That trade is lookin' good right now.

salty99
10-02-2007, 09:33 AM

GOOD CALL!!!

pierzynski07
10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Sports Hernia's a *****...

That trade is lookin' good right now.

Who did we get for him?
He was a free agent after the season.

tacosalbarojas
10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I was trying to figure out where the hell he was last night.

Lefty34
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
You know what? Good. Even though he's not on the Sox anymore, I'm somewhat glad Mack-attack is having this surgery and will NOT be hurting any other team's lineup anytime soon. Of course I feel bad because this is a painful injury in and of itself that requires surgery on top of it, but I'm sure the Padres are glad (even though they didn't make the playoffs, though I don't think Holliday's hand ever touched home) they don't have to look forward to soft ground outs to the shortstop with a runner in scoring position or a while to come. But of course, there is always next season, and when someone needs a rally-ending double play or pop-out, Mack-attack will probably be waiting in the wings.

DumpJerry
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, I guess you won't have to worry about me asking you to pick up some Lottery tickets for me any time soon.