PDA

View Full Version : www.cubune.com - Wear Your Colors

bryPt
09-29-2007, 12:16 PM
brilliant post from Mr. Jeff McMahon today over at www.cubune.com (http://www.cubune.com) , check it out. I will be sporting my Konerko WS jersey today, and tonight when I go to a BBQ that I have a feeling will be a hot bed of cub fans.

And maybe a Diamondbacks hat.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
brilliant post from Mr. Jeff McMahon today over at www.cubune.com (http://www.cubune.com) , check it out. I will be sporting my Konerko WS jersey today, and tonight when I go to a BBQ that I have a feeling will be a hot bed of cub fans.

And maybe a Diamondbacks hat.

Funny you should mention it! I just got tickets for the second playoff game. We'll be in the right-field bleachers, and I'll be rocking my D'Backs jersey, Sox World Champs clubhouse hat, Sox earrings, and carrying my Sox Starter jacket. (heh-heh-heh!)

PLEASE, D'Backs! Don't screw this up! It has to be against the Cubs!

bryPt
09-29-2007, 12:33 PM
The company I work for has an office in Phoenix, about 10 miles away from the D'back stadium. We do not own the building. The owner of the building is from Chicago, and a cub fan, so he flies a cub flag at our office. We are new out there trying to get our foot in the door, and the cub flag probaly ain't helping us (neither is the bear flag that the owner flies in the winter). Our employees out there are pissed since most are D'Back fans. I went out there a while back to work a week and bought a D'Backs hat and have been wearing it ever since for all the employees out there. I hope they kick the snot out of the lovable losers.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
The company I work for has an office in Phoenix, about 10 miles away from the D'back stadium. We do not own the building. The owner of the building is from Chicago, and a cub fan, so he flies a cub flag at our office. We are new out there trying to get our foot in the door, and the cub flag probaly ain't helping us (neither is the bear flag that the owner flies in the winter). Our employees out there are pissed since most are D'Back fans. I went out there a while back to work a week and bought a D'Backs hat and have been wearing it ever since for all the employees out there. I hope they kick the snot out of the lovable losers.
I'm hoping for a Zambrano-Owings matchup (although that'll probably be game one). It looks highly likely that it will be Cubs/D'Backs. I think the only way it isn't is if we lose both our games and San Diego wins both of theirs. Hopefully, it won't all come down to tomorrow's games. :praying:

southside rocks
09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
At the custom t-shirt store at the Cell, I bought a grey and black zip-front hooded sweatshirt, and I had the sock put on the front and on the back, the Gothic lettering says "Southside Sox." Now that the weather's getting cool, I will be wearing it -- everywhere. Starting, of course, with the Sox-Tiggers game tonight. :D:

I guess I am fortunate that I live on the south side, where the Cubs are a nonentity at all times and remain so now. At work, the Sox fans outnumber the Cubs fans by about 6 to 1. Last week the Sox fans were telling the Cubs fans that their team would clinch the division by losing, and that we would see the team on TV popping champagne corks after they got beat by the Reds. Which very well might have happened! (Gawd, those Brewers are pathetic...)

I don't subscribe to the Tribune or even read it; as a southsider, I found years ago that the Trib does not represent or even respect my community. I spend my time and money elsewhere.

I'd love to see an Angels-Phillies World Series.