PDA

View Full Version : How you see the Series shaping up.

Railsplitter
09-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Since the Phillies and Inidians seem to be playing the best baseball right now, I'm going to say they will be in the Series.

Agree or disagree as you wish.

Lip Man 1
09-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I see the White Sox playing Houston as I'll be watching the DVD's and tapes of the 2005 post season.

Lip

PKalltheway
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Diamondbacks/Indians World Series. Indians in 6

Fenway
09-29-2007, 11:28 AM
http://wally.mlblogs.com/wally.jpg vs http://hitbyapitch.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/philadelphia-phanatic.jpg

Oblong
09-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Angels and Padres. Angels in 5.

Angels over Indians in 6
Padres over whoever in 5.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Angels and Padres. Angels in 5.

Angels over Indians in 6
Padres over whoever in 5.

Bite your tongue! :tongue:

D'Backs over Indians in 6.

The Immigrant
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Red Sox and Padres will be tough to beat in a best of seven series. Boston over Cleveland in the ALCS. Padres over D-Backs in the NLDS. Boston wins the World Series 4-2.

DSpivack
09-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Angels over DBacks in an epic, 7-game series.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Red Sox and Padres will be tough to beat in a best of seven series. Boston over Cleveland in the ALCS. Padres over D-Backs in the NLDS. Boston wins the World Series 4-2.

Padres can't play D'Backs in NLDS, so I assume you meant NLCS. That's the one in which the D'Backs beat the Phillies. :D:

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Angels over DBacks in an epic, 7-game series.

That would flat-out kill ESPN and Fox! :D:

And of course, despite the fact that it would be two Western teams playing, the games would still be on at about 3 pm out here.

DSpivack
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
That would flat-out kill ESPN and Fox! :D:

And of course, despite the fact that it would be two Western teams playing, the games would still be on at about 3 pm out here.

Precisely why I picked it! That and I think they're the best teams in each league.

Scottiehaswheels
09-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I hope hope hope its Indians vs. D'backs and every series goes the max amount of games.:D:

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Philadelphia vs. Cleveland would be a "feel-good" story in my book; but, I'm pulling for a California vs. Arizona series.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Philadelphia vs. Cleveland would be a "feel-good" story in my book; but, I'm pulling for a California vs. Arizona series.

Thank you, Heather! :D:

goon
09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Indians vs. Phillies

I would have loved to see the Rockies and Brewers get into the playoffs to accompany the Phillies. Those three definitely have the most exciting offenses in the NL. Plus, the Brewers and Rockies are loaded with a ton of young talent and they are fun teams to cheer for, I have a feeling they would have made the postseason way more fun than it's going to be... instead we get the Cubs and probably the Mets.:puking:

chisoxmike
09-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I think the Angels will win the World Series.

I had them beating the Mets a few months ago. They seem like they are done, so I'd say Angels over Phillies now.

johnr1note
09-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I see the White Sox playing Houston as I'll be watching the DVD's and tapes of the 2005 post season.

Lip

I've been doing this intermittently since August. Its kept me sane.

The Immigrant
09-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Padres can't play D'Backs in NLDS, so I assume you meant NLCS. That's the one in which the D'Backs beat the Phillies. :D:

Yeah, my bad. :redface:

Not sure the D-Backs have enough offense to go that far, but they are a likeable team.

MarySwiss
09-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, my bad. :redface:

Not sure the D-Backs have enough offense to go that far, but they are a likeable team.

As I mentioned a month or so ago, these guys remind me a lot of the 2005 Sox, as far as attitude. They genuinely seem to like each other, and they get really excited after they win a game, running out of the dugout, jumping up and down, etc.

Also, they seem to be pretty nice guys. For example, when Chandler National was in the LLWS, Eric Byrnes called and talked to some of the kids to wish them good luck, and he promised them a cookout at his place if they won their game. Well even though they lost, they're still getting the cookout. Sure, it's a good PR move for him, but considering some of the mopes and prima donnas that play MLB, I'll take it.