PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Bobby gets #40 Postgame thread - 9/28/07

delben91
09-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Bobby gets save number 40 to be the first Sox pitcher to record back to back 40+ save seasons.

Vazquez with another great outing.

Richar with two hits.

Another W. Close it out on a high note boys. :gulp:

voodoochile
09-28-2007, 10:25 PM
What was the plaque and ring JR presented to Bobby? I figure it has to do with him tying the record for most consecutive outs, but couldn't tell for sure.

delben91
09-28-2007, 10:26 PM
What was the plaque and ring JR presented to Bobby? I figure it has to do with him tying the record for most consecutive outs, but couldn't tell for sure.

Didn't see that part, I get the local Tigers feed here in MI. They cut right to the Tigers postgame after the last out.

itsnotrequired
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
A big "**** you" to whomever felt it necessary to swipe the bag full of goodies for my son and daughter. Mr. Chips brought these fine garments back from Las Vegas and some ass-face deemed it necessary to swipe them. Keep it real buddy, as I am on the prowl for you.:angry:

Sig update time...

voodoochile
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Didn't see that part, I get the local Tigers feed here in MI. They cut right to the Tigers postgame after the last out.

Showed it on the Sox feed (through MLB.com). I think it was after coming back from break at the 7th inning stretch, though who knows when the actual ceremony took place. Might have been filmed pregame and then shown at that time. I don't know.

JB98
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
The Sox clinch fourth place!

No wonder the fireworks are going off in the city tonight!!!

:):supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

delben91
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
The Sox clinch fourth place!

No wonder the fireworks are going off in the city tonight!!!

:):supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

4th > 5th...Sometimes you just have to take what you can get, as it's all there is left.

UserNameBlank
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
A big "**** you" to whomever felt it necessary to swipe the bag full of goodies for my son and daughter. Mr. Chips brought these fine garments back from Las Vegas and some ass-face deemed it necessary to swipe them. Keep it real buddy, as I am on the prowl for you.:angry:

Sig update time...
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:uidR7Kwg0OeWDM:http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/t1_anderson.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/t1_anderson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/index.html&h=396&w=300&sz=37&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=uidR7Kwg0OeWDM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrian%2Banderson%2Bsox%26ndsp%3D20%26 svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)
"Write me off, demote me, put me on the DL, but you can never stop me from stealing from children."

UserNameBlank
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Great job by Thome, Konerko, Javy, Richar, and Bobby.

Edit: Great job by Wassermann too. He got Magglio out with RISP three times in one AB. First he missed the pop-up, then he threw strike three which was called a ball, then he got Maggs to line out softly to third.

itsnotrequired
09-28-2007, 10:46 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:uidR7Kwg0OeWDM:http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/t1_anderson.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/t1_anderson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/13/problem.positions/index.html&h=396&w=300&sz=37&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=uidR7Kwg0OeWDM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrian%2Banderson%2Bsox%26ndsp%3D20%26 svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)
"Write me off, demote me, put me on the DL, but you can never stop me from stealing from children."

He took my stuff? I can't believe I have to kill him...

delben91
09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
He took my stuff? I can't believe I have to kill him...

Just say the word, and Ersty will do the dirty work.

chisoxjtrain
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM

It was. Mark Buehrle also got one for his no-hitter. It was a good game all around.

JB98
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
4th > 5th...Sometimes you just have to take what you can get, as it's all there is left.

Definitely. This season has been a blow to my pride as a Sox fan, but at least I don't have to put up with finishing below the ****ing Royals.

Let's win the next two and avoid 90 losses.

Sockinchisox
09-28-2007, 11:10 PM
The better title for the post gamethread would have been "Rongey gets his steak".

Dread Farmer
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Way to go guys. This win will take some off the sting out of the Flubs night.
I don't have to deal with snotty Royals fans when I travel to KC. They are always bringing up Ligue and Son and saying it was father and son night. I always say I can count their fans on one hand.

ilsox7
09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Showed it on the Sox feed (through MLB.com). I think it was after coming back from break at the 7th inning stretch, though who knows when the actual ceremony took place. Might have been filmed pregame and then shown at that time. I don't know.

It was pre-game. Nice rings and framed photos for each. Thome goes tomorrow.

Brian26
09-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Edit: Great job by Wassermann too. He got Magglio out with RISP three times in one AB. First he missed the pop-up, then he threw strike three which was called a ball, then he got Maggs to line out softly to third.

That first pitch to Mags was nasty! Great job my Wassermann.

chisoxfanatic
09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes, it was during the pregame. I got there just in time for it. It was at around 6:30.

It's nice to finish off the season on a high note in terms of attending games, capping off a .500 season. Nice to see Vazquez pitch well and knowing we WON'T finish in last place! Jenks getting to 40 saves on a team having THIS kind of a season is pretty unbelievable.

Great to see you at the Bullpen Sports Bar after the game, ChiSoxGirl!

drewcifer
09-29-2007, 12:05 AM
That first pitch to Mags was nasty! Great job my Wassermann.

It was. But don't forget how young/stupid these guys are.

I hope things like a veteran ballplayer telling you **** OFF as a pitcher sinks in on a fly to the mound or infield next time.

That was ****ing bonehead as it comes.

Brian26
09-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Great to see you at the Bullpen Sports Bar after the game, ChiSoxGirl!

IlSox7 and I weren't invited? :(:

drewcifer
09-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Go figure.

Brian26
09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
It was. But don't forget how young/stupid these guys are.

I hope things like a veteran ballplayer telling you **** OFF as a pitcher sinks in on a fly to the mound or infield next time.

That was ****ing bonehead as it comes.

Yeah, that was Konerko's all the way, right in front of him. Earlier in the year, Mags probably would have hit a three run homer right after that. Glad it didn't hurt us tonight.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2007, 12:53 AM

I didn't know you were there, otherwise it would've been cool if you came down there. We went to hang out down there for Rongey's postgame show.

BTW- Thanks to Vazquez and his 15th win, Rongey gets a steak from Holmes! :bandance:

Brian26
09-29-2007, 12:55 AM
I didn't know you were there, otherwise it would've been cool if you came down there. We went to hang out down there for Rongey's postgame show.

BTW- Thanks to Vazquez and his 15th win, Rongey gets a steak from Holmes! :bandance:

Rongey and I are on a first name basis already, so I don't do the BSB. He's coming over for Thanksgiving.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Rongey and I are on a first name basis already, so I don't do the BSB. He's coming over for Thanksgiving.

As are we. :smile: :bandance:

salty99
09-29-2007, 01:32 AM
As are we. :smile: :bandance:

Yes but is he coming over for turkey?

KyWhiSoxFan
09-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Great season for Vazquez. Maybe after all these years he's finally learned how to pitch. If so, he will be one of the mainstays in the starting rotation next year.

Railsplitter
09-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Something to build on for next season
:bandance::bandance:

MCHSoxFan
09-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah, that was Konerko's all the way, right in front of him. Earlier in the year, Mags probably would have hit a three run homer right after that. Glad it didn't hurt us tonight.

That was EXATLY what I was thinking. I was at the game running back and fourth thinking Maggs may hit a HR and that would tie the game.

October26
09-29-2007, 10:07 AM

Indeed. I was very happy last night. Went shopping before the game at the Sox tent sale and got some nice Sox gear for cheap. Then I saw a great game where my Sox beat the defending American League Champions (Tigers) Congratulations to Javy and Bobby on another great game! Loved to see the Scoreboard explode for Konerko and Thome's homers. Yeah, I know we've clinched fourth place, but you know what? I FINALLY saw my first Sox win in person for this miserable 2007 year :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Yep, I had been to several losses this year and FINALLY the boys got me a win. The Fireworks were great too - it was beautiful night at US Cellular Field as my family and I attended our last game for 2007.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-29-2007, 10:22 AM
The Sox should reward Jenks and give him an extension this off season.

DumpJerry
09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Show off.

Many of us can make the same claim about being on a first name basis with Chris, BTW.