PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Column by one of the few Sox Fans in the media

Moses_Scurry
04-11-2002, 10:25 AM
[URL=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/showcase/chi-0204110269apr11.column?coll=chi%2Dhomepagenews%2Du tl]

Not sure if this will work as I never post links!

Iwritecode
04-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Try this.

click here (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/showcase/chi-0204110269apr11.column?coll=chi%2Dhomepagenews%2Du tl)

RichieRichAllen
04-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Great article, Moses. Thanks for posting up. Pall was always one of my favorites. Good to hear he's doing well in his post-baseball career.

Iwritecode
04-11-2002, 10:49 AM
This was a good column. Great ending.

He has some souvenirs from his baseball days. He has a watch that Thigpen gave him during the 57-save season.

"And I've got the jerseys I wore for the Sox, the Phillies, Yankees and Marlins."

But you played for the Cubs, too, for a few games.

Didn't you keep the Cubs jersey?

"Keep a Cubs jersey? Why?" asked The Pope. "I'm a Sox fan."

Moses_Scurry
04-11-2002, 11:42 AM
I would have to agree that '90 was probably my favorite year as a Sox fan. I was only 10 in '83 and didn't know as much what was going on, plus the Sox were hardly ever on TV where I lived at the time. The Sox of '90 had nobody. I think there leading homerun hitter had less than 20. They were terrible in '89 and probably picked to finish last again in '90. My most memorable moment that year was when Andy Hawkins, I think, threw a no-hitter for the Yankees but the Sox still beat them 4-0.

NUCatsFan
04-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
This was a good column. Great ending.

I liked the opener myself.

With real baseball finally coming to town--the Chicago White Sox open at home at Comiskey Park on Friday--I needed to prepare my baseball spirit.

MarqSox
04-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I would have to agree that '90 was probably my favorite year as a Sox fan. I was only 10 in '83 and didn't know as much what was going on, plus the Sox were hardly ever on TV where I lived at the time. The Sox of '90 had nobody. I think there leading homerun hitter had less than 20. They were terrible in '89 and probably picked to finish last again in '90. My most memorable moment that year was when Andy Hawkins, I think, threw a no-hitter for the Yankees but the Sox still beat them 4-0.

I was too young to appreciate the Sox in 90, though I do have a few fond memories from that year. Without a doubt, though, my favorite year was 2000. What a fun summer! That was great. :gulp:

Tragg
04-12-2002, 08:58 AM
The opening sentence of the article is the objective reporting we need to se more of: "With real baseball finally coming to town--the Chicago White Sox open at home at Comiskey Park on Friday"

DVG
04-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
The opening sentence of the article is the objective reporting we need to se more of: "With real baseball finally coming to town--the Chicago White Sox open at home at Comiskey Park on Friday"

Cub fans like Morrisey and Rogers aren't shy about ripping the
Sox in their articles, so it is indeed a welcome relief to see Kass
haul out the brass knuckles.

doublem23
04-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DVG
Cub fans like Morrisey and Rogers aren't shy about ripping the
Sox in their articles, so it is indeed a welcome relief to see Kass
haul out the brass knuckles.

:moron
Just like you smut Sox fans to forget the biggest of the Sox-haters in this town!