PDA

View Full Version : What's worse?

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Flubs going to playoffs or Sox finishing last. Id rather have root canal than the Flubs in the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Definitely the Sox finishing last! They haven't been that bad since I've been a fan of this team, and I never ever want to see them finish last. We're talking about pride here.

hi im skot
09-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I care more about the Sox than the Cubs.

Therefore, Sox finishing last.

PatK
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I know I've been in a daze because of a death in the family, but I didn't know that the playoffs started.

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I know I've been in a daze because of a death in the family, but I didn't know that the playoffs started.
Sorry about your loss. The question was a what if. I want the Sox to win every game and the Cubs lose all theirs.

Over By There
09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Definitely the Sox finishing last. This year has been really tough.

thomas35forever
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Both happened in 1989. Who says it can't happen again?

itsnotrequired
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I like threads that help perpetuate the stereotype that Sox fans care more about the Cubs than the Sox.

oeo
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Id rather have root canal than the Flubs in the playoffs.

Same here, except if the Sox were in first, it wouldn't bother me all that much.

BTW, root canals are overrated.

skottyj242
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
I like threads that help perpetuate the stereotype that Sox fans care more about the Cubs than the Sox.

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this."

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Its not a matter of caring about the Cubs, its this 2nd team in the 2nd city B.S. that the media perpetuates all the time. Its like the WS we won is ancient history. We still are going to draw 2.6 million,not bad for a 20 games under.500 team. Im just bitter because I became a Sox fan in the early 1950s and the Sox were the #1 team in the city up till the late 60s and Ive seen so much down through the years where its become more of a Cub town. As Richard Roeper wrote its not really as one sided as the media makes it out to be, maybe 60-40. Trouble is the media would make you believe its 90-10.

itsnotrequired
09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Its not a matter of caring about the Cubs, its this 2nd team in the 2nd city B.S. that the media perpetuates all the time. Its like the WS we won is ancient history. We still are going to draw 2.6 million,not bad for a 20 games under.500 team. Im just bitter because I became a Sox fan in the early 1950s and the Sox were the #1 team in the city up till the late 60s and Ive seen so much down through the years where its become more of a Cub town. As Richard Roeper wrote its not really as one sided as the media makes it out to be, maybe 60-40. Trouble is the media would make you believe its 90-10.

The last time the Sox brought up the rear in the division was 18 years ago. The Cubs were in the postseason as recently as 4 years ago.

That disparity alone should answer the question as to what feels worse.

Mr.1Dog
09-27-2007, 07:57 AM
"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Raphael got owned in that fight.

Chips
09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
:threadsucks

:threadblows:

:whocares

:rowand

asindc
09-27-2007, 08:31 AM

I agree 100%. With all due respect ladies and gentleman, anyone who answers that they care more about the Cubs making the playoffs does not have his/her priorities straight as a Sox fan.:rolleyes:

skottyj242
09-27-2007, 09:19 AM
:rowand

Look at me, I can be, centerfield.

jenn2080
09-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Is it November yet?

Did the last 30 threads about the Cubs did not give you any indication as to how most people feel about the Cubs in the playoff?

I obviously care that the Sox are in last place more. Exactly why are we suppose to really care about the Cubs making it to the playoffs?:?:

Oh hold on....I forgot...it is all about the media.

chisoxmike
09-27-2007, 09:56 AM
What's worse? People that pay attention to the Cubs too much or people that ***** about the people that pay attention to the Cubs too much?

:dunno:

:happybday

Chips
09-27-2007, 09:59 AM
What's worse? People that pay attention to the Cubs too much or people that ***** about the people that pay attention to the Cubs too much?

:dunno:

:happybday

The people who want Rowand back.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM

Of course I care more about the Sox bad year then the Flubs but I understand exactly where you are coming from. Like you I've been a fan since the 50's and can remember when you could shoot a cannon thru the stands at Wrigley and not hit anyone. The Tribune marketing job, conflict of interest and all, has done it's job. I will be overjoyed when they are sold.

As far as the 60-40 fan base, in '05 the Trib had an article (I forget the writer) talking about how "both teams have about the same number of real, die-hard fans" and that the Cubs had more of the "casual" (read bandwagon) fans.

If any Cub fans start giving me crap I tell them to be grateful for the White Sox and their WS which led to those empty seats at Wrigley and made the suits at the Trib realize that even the sheep who support their cash cow find winning a lot more fun.

Dread Farmer
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
:o:
60-40 you really think so?
It depends if you mean Chicago or the Chicagoland area. I would say the large Chicagoland area is probably 75-25. Chicago is probabaly 50-50 and the western burbs are 90-10.

Chips
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
:o:
60-40 you really think so?
It depends if you mean Chicago or the Chicagoland area. I would say the large Chicagoland area is probably 75-25. Chicago is probabaly 50-50 and the western burbs are 90-10.

Who really knows and who really cares?

Not I

MCHSoxFan
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I care more about the Sox than the Cubs.

Therefore, Sox finishing last.

Yep. SOX PRIDE!!!

kittle42
09-27-2007, 04:26 PM
The people who want Rowand back.

Hey, speaking of that, you know how a bunch of people around here rag on anything NL and act like any player can go to the NL and be a superstar when they might suck in the AL?

Where do these folks stand on Rowand? I want to find the people who want Rowand back but also bash the NL as being AAAA ball.