PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see at 2B and SS in 2008?

AZChiSoxFan
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
What FA's are going to be available this offseason and who would you like to see at 2B and SS next year for the Sox? Please be realistic and let's try to avoid any answers than involve deep pink.

BainesHOF
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
A new shortstop paired with Danny Richar.

I'd be up for trading Konerko and Garland and hopefully finding someone to take Contreras in order to free money to pursue A-Rod seriously.

sox1970
09-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Not a free agent, but I'll take my chances with Edgar Renteria if the Braves are willing to part company. I'm cool with Richar at 2nd.

kwkonsl
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I have to agree that I really like Edgar Rentaria and he would be good for us. He is a good hitter and is above average i the field. Atlanta will look to trade him most likely with the emergence of escobar while Rentaria was on the DL. I dont know who to trade to Atlanta for him, maybe garland or Contraras

soxrme
09-26-2007, 11:43 AM
A-Rod at short and Iguchi at 2nd.

chisoxmike
09-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I've said this before as well as some other peeps around here, but I'd be fine with Richar at 2B as long as SS, CF, and LF are upgraded and Richar is the only "question mark" on the lineup. Who they should get as SS is beyond me.

Gammons Peter
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I've said this before as well as some other peeps around here, but I'd be fine with Richar at 2B as long as SS, CF, and LF are upgraded and Richar is the only "question mark" on the lineup. Who they should get as SS is beyond me.

You're not happy with Fields in left??

bryPt
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
A-Rod at short and Iguchi at 2nd.

I second this.

thomas35forever
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Richar and a new guy at SS.

chisoxmike
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
You're not happy with Fields in left??

It's an interesting problem.

Fields, let face it, is awful in left field. He needs to be at third base. But, Crede is going to be playing there next year - for at least the start of the season I would think. I dont think the Sox would leave Fields in AAA or have him as a bench player because his bat pretty damn good.

So, what do you do with him? My fear is that they're going to sacrifice defense for offense (which they've been doing for two years now) and throw him in left field and hope that he doesn't screw up that much and have his bat make up for anything lost out there in left.

We'll see...

ondafarm
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
It's an interesting problem.

Fields, let face it, is awful in left field. He needs to be at third base. But, Crede is going to be playing there next year - for at least the start of the season I would think. I dont think the Sox would leave Fields in AAA or have him as a bench player because his bat pretty damn good.

So, what do you do with him? My fear is that they're going to sacrifice defense for offense (which they've been doing for two years now) and throw him in left field and hope that he doesn't screw up that much and have his bat make up for anything lost out there in left.

We'll see...

Second this thought, but question the two years number. Pods wasn't a stellar defender in 2005 and CLee was laughable in left. Oddly, Mack seemed to be the only solid defending left fielder (this year after improving over last winter) that I can think of since Wayne Nordhagen.

jabrch
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Fields, let face it, is awful in left field. He needs to be at third base.

Fields was awful at 3B too. I'm not worried about Josh's defense in LF. Let him go the the AFL and then have an off season and a full ST to work on LF Defense - he will be not significantly worse defensively than the starting LFs of a few of the most recent World Series winners (Pods, Manny, an aging Todd Hollandsworth and an aging Garrett Anderson)

Fields OF defense is not on my top 10 list.

chisoxjtrain
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Eckstein at short and Richar at 2nd. We got to take care of cf though.

kittle42
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Alex Rodriguez at SS and anyone at all at 2B if the former happens.

North Sox Sider
09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I really like that kid from the Reds, Brandon Phillips. He has very good numbers plus he could solve our leadoff spot. His numbers are .290-29-92 with 32 stolen bases. I wouldnt object us trading Garland for Phillips and maybe we get another prospect for him. I cant see the Reds objecting because this will give them a one or two starter depending how they compare him and Harang.

I would love to have A-Rod at short but I know that is not very likely since we all know he will be, apparently, the next owner of the Cubs. HA!

palehozenychicty
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Furcal, Phillips, or Renteria would be fine with Richar.

jabrch
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Garland sent to Anaheim in a deal to get Brandon Wood and either Hank Conger or Jeff Mathis.

RCWHITESOX
09-26-2007, 05:23 PM
As long as were all dreaming I'll take K Greene at SS and D Uggla at 2b.

Daver
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Fields was awful at 3B too. I'm not worried about Josh's defense in LF. Let him go the the AFL and then have an off season and a full ST to work on LF Defense - he will be not significantly worse defensively than the starting LFs of a few of the most recent World Series winners (Pods, Manny, an aging Todd Hollandsworth and an aging Garrett Anderson)

Fields OF defense is not on my top 10 list.

His bat better be pretty damn good to make up for the hits and advanced runners he's going to give away, he's not bad in left, he is downright brutal.

Tragg
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Richar's a good player.
Trade for a young SS who can, without question, field at this point.

I don't know what happened to Uribe this year, but when his head's in the game, he's better than average. Certainly better than someone like Eckstein.

Somewhere - be it CF or SS or LF - we need a really good player.

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I second this.
Third!

Tragg
09-26-2007, 06:05 PM
His bat better be pretty damn good to make up for the hits and advanced runners he's going to give away, he's not bad in left, he is downright brutal.
Do you think he could play first?

UserNameBlank
09-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Jose Reyes at SS and Hanley Ramirez at 2B.

Also I'd like David Wright at 3B, Albert Pujols at 1B, Ryan Howard at DH, Beltran in CF, Alex Rios in RF, Grady Sizemore in LF, and Joe Mauer catching a rotation of Johan Santana, Brandon Webb, Danny Haren, Mark Buehrle, and Roy Oswalt. I want a bullpen of Jenks, Joel Zumaya, Billy Wagner, Jon Papelbon, Joba Chamberlain, and Joe Nathan as the long man.

But realistically I expect an infield of David Eckstein at SS with Richar at 2B. Hooray for the Eckstein.

frankie_ventura
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I would trade Jon Garland to the Rockies for Willy Tavares, Brian Fuentes, and Clint Barnes.

I would trade Paul Konerko to the Angels for Brandon Wood, Scot Shields, and a minor league pitcher.

I would move Fields to first

I would sign Orlando Hudson as a free agent

My lineup would be
CF Tavares
2B Hudson
DH Thome
RF Dye
C Pierzinski
1B Fields
3B Crede
ss Wood/Barnes (whoever wins in spring training)
LF Owens

Starting pitching: Buerhle, Vazquez, Conteras, 2 out of Danks, Floyd, Broadway, Phillips, and Gonzalez

Bullpen: Wasserman, Logan, Thornton, Shields, Fuentes, Jenks

Daver
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Do you think he could play first?

He has played first.

I don't think I would replace Paul Konerko with him though, benching Paul would be downright silly.

UserNameBlank
09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I would trade Jon Garland to the Rockies for Willy Tavares, Brian Fuentes, and Clint Barnes.

I would trade Paul Konerko to the Angels for Brandon Wood, Scot Shields, and a minor league pitcher.
The Rockies would be humored by your proposal. The Angels will probably never trade Wood, but if they do they won't be targeting PK. I'd imagine they would be after Miguel Cabrera.

Metalthrasher442
09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
When I came to this forum I didn't think this many people would like Richar, but it's good to see. He's a great all around second baseman and has surprised the hell out of me. I really like the Phillips Richar idea.

My lineup would be
CF Tavares
2B Hudson
DH Thome
RF Dye
C Pierzinski
1B Fields
3B Crede
LF Owens

Starting pitching: Buerhle, Vazquez, Conteras, 2 out of Danks, Floyd, Broadway, Phillips, and Gonzalez

^Only object to the awful starting rotation and Konerko leaving. He's just too good of a bat and glove.

wassagstdu
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Uribe and Iguchi.

GlassSox
09-26-2007, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see what Richar can do at SS

palehozenychicty
09-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Richar's a good player.

I don't know what happened to Uribe this year, but when his head's in the game, he's better than average. Certainly better than someone like Eckstein.

Since game 4 of the world series, Uribe has been terrible. He has GOT to go.

MetroPD
09-27-2007, 06:01 AM
come on Timo.......

Timo Perez would be nice.

Chips
09-27-2007, 08:20 AM
come on Timo.......

Timo Perez would be nice.

While we're at it, let's bring Cliff and Willie back too!!!!

dickallen15
09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Richar's a good player.

How can it be concluded that Richar is a good player? His OBP is Uribe-esque. Quit listening to Hawk and DJ, they tried to sell everyone on Andy Gonzalez.

billcissell
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I guess I'd be dreaming if I said Aparicio and Fox.

It would be a nightmare if I came up with Luis Alvarado and Bobby Knoop.

So I'll go with Rentaria and Richar. Or possibly Hu (the kid in the Dodger system) with Richar.

lostfan
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
How can it be concluded that Richar is a good player? His OBP is Uribe-esque. Quit listening to Hawk and DJ, they tried to sell everyone on Andy Gonzalez.
I mean, Richar has only had 173 MLB at-bats after skipping half of AAA to get called up for good. Hell, Fields's OBP is only like 20 points higher and he strikes out a TON more, yet you don't see people doubting he'll ever improve that. What leads you to believe Richar is going to hit .224 forever?

palehozenychicty
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM

It wasn't until Walker and Guillen got ahold of him...:(:. He had a good OBP in the minors.

asindc
09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
So I'll go with Rentaria and Richar. Or possibly Hu (the kid in the Dodger system) with Richar.

Hu?

IlliniSox4Life
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
A-Rod at SS, and then if we could, clone A-Rod and put him at second. Now, I know what you're thinking, Clone A-Rod isn't a second baseman. True, but I'm betting that he could learn to play it. Clone A-Rod is a pretty good athlete and it's not like he's a CF learning to play Catcher. Also, if we could, clone A-Rod a second time and have Clone A-Rod II play 3B.

lostfan
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
A-Rod at SS, and then if we could, clone A-Rod and put him at second. Now, I know what you're thinking, Clone A-Rod isn't a second baseman. True, but I'm betting that he could learn to play it. Clone A-Rod is a pretty good athlete and it's not like he's a CF learning to play Catcher. Also, if we could, clone A-Rod a second time and have Clone A-Rod II play 3B.
In that case, I would like to clone Ken Griffey Jr. but limit his development to age 26 and emphasize staying in shape so he won't break down in his later years like the original Junior. Obviously we would put Clone Griffey at CF.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Willie Mays is still alive.

IlliniSox4Life
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
In that case, I would like to clone Ken Griffey Jr. but limit his development to age 26 and emphasize staying in shape so he won't break down in his later years like the original Junior. Obviously we would put Clone Griffey at CF.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Willie Mays is still alive.

Why would you care when in a year or two you can just clone another 26 year old Griffey Jr?

lostfan
09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Not a free agent, but I'll take my chances with Edgar Renteria if the Braves are willing to part company. I'm cool with Richar at 2nd.
For my real answer, I'm going with this. I like what I've seen out of Richar so far, and he's going to winter ball to work on his game.

This is assuming the obvious, that A-Rod doesn't opt out and/or re-signs with the Yankees and/or the Sox can't afford him. Which is likely.

lostfan
09-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Why would you care when in a year or two you can just clone another 26 year old Griffey Jr?
Yeah I didn't think about that. If and when he gets injured and subsequently returns from injury, now you have two Clone Griffey Jrs.

dickallen15
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I mean, Richar has only had 173 MLB at-bats after skipping half of AAA to get called up for good. Hell, Fields's OBP is only like 20 points higher and he strikes out a TON more, yet you don't see people doubting he'll ever improve that. What leads you to believe Richar is going to hit .224 forever?
Maybe he won't, but to hand him the starting job on a team expecting to win is a stretch. If the White Sox were rebuilding which they claim they aren't, Richar should start at 2b. Personally, I think Josh Fields is Ron Kittle Jr. just not as talkative.

lostfan
09-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Maybe he won't, but to hand him the starting job on a team expecting to win is a stretch. If the White Sox were rebuilding which they claim they aren't, Richar should start at 2b. Personally, I think Josh Fields is Ron Kittle Jr. just not as talkative.
To be honest I'm not in the "I expect this team to retool and compete in 2008" camp so I'm cool with putting Richar's potential to the test and the whole trial by fire approach. The '05 window has closed and IMO the team would be much stronger if they looked at '09 as the goal. I see about 86 wins out of next year as the best case scenario.

palehozenychicty
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Management is blowing smoke. It's hard to realistically expect this collective group of position players to improve drastically after a year and a half of ineptitude. They have to mostly rebuild and retool.

skottyj242
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Royce Clayton at short and Jose Valentin at second.

chisoxmike
09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Royce Clayton at short and Jose Valentin at second.

DeAngelo Jimenez to backup Jose at second too.

skottyj242
09-27-2007, 11:28 AM
DeAngelo Jimenez to backup Jose at second too.

I wonder what Lyle Crouton is up to nowadays. I can't believe the SOX gave up Mike Cameron for that Konerko kid.

russ99
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM

My lineup would be
CF Tavares
2B Hudson
DH Thome
RF Dye
C Pierzinski
1B Fields
3B Crede
LF Owens

Taveras is a bad leadoff hitter, he's very impatient at the plate. His OBP is soley on slap hits that he beats to first. Owens can be as good or better, especially if they acquire a major FA outfielder.

I'd trade Garland to the Braves for Renteria but only if the Braves throw in a good outfield prospect as well.

Not sure if I'd deal Konerko, either.

Richar's gonna be good at 2B next year. The Sox should focus their winter acquisitions elsewhere.

We spent a full year developing the three rookies in the majors, I doubt Kenny will just ditch them, especially since IMO all three have shown improvement. Also, the Fields LF experiment must end permanently. If Crede comes back (doubtful) at full strength, he'll still need to be spelled, so there's at bats for Fields at 3B, DH and in the outfield. He'll take over 3B full-time when Crede's out or leaves as a FA. After this year, we just can't rely on Joe to play every day next season.

1. Owens - LF
2. Renteria - SS
3. Thome - DH
4. Konerko - 1B
5. Dye - RF
6. T. Hunter - CF
7. Fields- 3B
8. Pierzynski- C
9. Richar - 2B

Bench: Hall, Cintron, Ozuna (if healthy) and 2 inexpensive FAs or prospects acquired to play outfield. Pods and Erstad will not be back.

SP - Buehrle, Vazquez, Contreras (or trade acquisition if Jose is dealt), Danks, Gonzalez
RP - Jenks, Linebrink, Thornton, Wasserman, Logan and at least either another FA and/or a rookie.

nccwsfan
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
2B- Danny Richar

SS- Replace Uribe through trade or free agency. The way it's looking my guess is that it would be through trade.

billcissell
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hu?

21 year old shortstop from Taiwan, Chin-Lung Hu, called up by the Dodgers earlier this month. A highly regarded prospect. Maybe they'd take a few guys off our hands in exchange for him. Could we package Uribe (or Andy Gonzalez) and Sisco (or Aardsma)?

pmck003
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen Luis Castillo mentioned yet.

asindc
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Hu?

21 year old shortstop from Taiwan, Chin-Lung Hu, called up by the Dodgers earlier this month. A highly regarded prospect. Maybe they'd take a few guys off our hands in exchange for him. Could we package Uribe (or Andy Gonzalez) and Sisco (or Aardsma)?

It was meant as a play on words.:smile:

lostfan
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Hu?

Do you have chloroform? Or Rohypnol?

jabrch
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Hu?

I don't know Hu you'd get for that package you are taking about. I do know Hu you wouldn't get - Hu.

ondafarm
09-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Ching-Lung Hu is 23 not 21 (24 in Feb) and I talked to a friend who'd scouted him. His offense should be good but his defense will not earn him any Gold Glove nominations. A disticntly asymmetrical pattern to his range will always hamper his defense. Also, if you thought Iguchi had trouble on dropping pop flys, then you'll love this guy. The Japanese do not consider him fundamentally sound and would not sign him.

Jerksticks
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't want Renteria from the Braves, I want Yuniel Escobar who I believe is available.

OF Fields Owens Dye
IF Crede Escobar Richar Konerko

No problem with that lineup either. I think Richar/Owens has good potential as 9,1 next year. And cheap and young

One more point. This would make our lineup trending younger, with more than above average power. Fields power. Dye power. Crede power. Konerko power. Thome power. Richar Escobar potentially decent power. Good Defense too comparably around the league.

We proabably wouldn't win it all next year, but we'd be on the right track again.

JSticks

Jjav829
09-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't want Renteria from the Braves, I want Yuniel Escobar who I believe is available.

It's the other way around. Renteria is likely going to be available because of what Escobar has shown.

I'd take Renteria at short. Also, if the Angels decide to move Orlando Cabrera, he'd look nice at shortstop next season.

Jjav829
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Dan O' Dowd wishes you were the Sox GM.

The Rockies would be humored by your proposal.

If by humored you mean "falling all over themselves trying to make that deal, then yes, they would be very, very humored. :smile:

SoxSpeed22
09-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Richar will play 2nd base.
For shortstop, let's check the asking price on Renteria, that will solve shortstop and #2 in the lineup. Eckstein can make a decent stop-gap and lead-off man. Jack Wilson is also a possibility. I think that in March, David Eckstein will be the starting shortstop.

Rockabilly
09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Orlando Cabrera and Brian Roberts

Lip Man 1
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Ozzie's latest comments on Uribe:

From White Sox.com:

"I'll be honest with you, Uribe can drive everyone crazy. All of a sudden, the season is over, you look up and 20 home runs and 70 RBIs. ... To be honest with you, I don't see any shortstop better out there than Uribe.

Maybe equal to him on the field, throwing and catching the ball. But I wish Uribe at least once found out how good he is, how dangerous he can be. The inconsistency, the strikeouts, he has to come in in better shape. So many things he can do, but so many things we need him to do to help us."
Lip

Grzegorz
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM

From White Sox.com:

"I'll be honest with you, Uribe can drive everyone crazy. All of a sudden, the season is over, you look up and 20 home runs and 70 RBIs. ... To be honest with you, I don't see any shortstop better out there than Uribe.

Maybe equal to him on the field, throwing and catching the ball. But I wish Uribe at least once found out how good he is, how dangerous he can be. The inconsistency, the strikeouts, he has to come in in better shape. So many things he can do, but so many things we need him to do to help us."
Lip

I agree with Ozzie when he says that Uribe has the talent. Unfortunately, Uribe does not have the discipline.

JB98
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM

From White Sox.com:

Lip

Looks like we may have to come to grips with Uribe being back next year.

Frater Perdurabo
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Great.

Hopefully Gonzalez is back, too.

Lip Man 1
09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
JB:

I wouldn't automatically assume that. Remember Ozzie also told him he'd have to improve his OBP the final two months.

That is still atrociously bad.

I think if Kenny can replace him he will.

We'll see.

Lip

Dread Farmer
09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Fontenot at 2nd. A-rod at short.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
A-rod at short.
http://blog.dreamhost.com/images/pipe_dream.png

Grzegorz
09-28-2007, 04:43 AM
My position continues to be one of not moving Jon Garland unless this team was going to be rebuilt.

The truth of the matter is that many on this board would move JG for a shortstop.

For those of you ready to trade JG why not target Bill Hall in Milwaukee?

Hitmen77
09-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Yes, this sounds a lot like what the Sox were saying at the end of last year.

If the Sox do stick with Uribe, then I don't want Richar to be our starting 2B next year. If we're going to have Uribe and his dreadful OBP in our lineup, we just can't afford to have other questionable bats in the lineup. We'll need an established MLB player at 2B (and CF). Would we bring Iguchi back? He was pretty unimpressive this year with us. Of course, now he's been hitting .300 for Philly.

If the Sox can somehow manage to get a decent hitting SS next year, then I'd be willing to have Richar in our lineup.

Sockinchisox
09-28-2007, 09:41 AM
For some reason, I'd like them to sign Ramirez and stick him in AAA for half a season and see what he can do with the bat, for a back-up plan that is, in case Uribe ends up still being Uribe.

palehozenychicty
09-28-2007, 10:30 AM

If the Sox do stick with Uribe, then I don't want Richar to be our starting 2B next year. If we're going to have Uribe and his dreadful OBP in our lineup, we just can't afford to have other questionable bats in the lineup. We'll need an established MLB player at 2B (and CF). Would we bring Iguchi back? He was pretty unimpressive this year with us. Of course, now he's been hitting .300 for Philly.

If the Sox can somehow manage to get a decent hitting SS next year, then I'd be willing to have Richar in our lineup.

There's no reason bringing in someone established that isn't very good. Richar can be as good as anyone we bring in with time short of Brian Roberts or Robinson Cano or Utley.

jabrch
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
For those of you ready to trade JG why not target Bill Hall in Milwaukee?

Cuz he's not a good defensive SS.

ondafarm
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Here's my analysis of the situation:

At SS, a championship club never sacrifices offense for defense. If the guy hits just above the Mendoza line (.219) but is sterling on defense, then you bat him ninth and have a suitable back-up available for late-innings and pinch hit situations. Even the great offensive shortstops who I can think of where never weak on defense. Juan Uribe is getting weaker each season on defense, it is the most athletic position on the diamond, and his offense isn't worth it. Besides, he's due $5 million if his option is picked up and the Sox have been showing themselves to be cheap on that amount. Both Iguchi and Mack will be in that range next year and they were unceremoniously dumped because of it.

At 2B, respectable defense should be mixed with solid offensive contributions. A good SS needs to improvise, a good 2B needs to know the rules and follow them. Richar's defense has been very respectable. His hitting is improving and he seems to work well with Owens. Like it or not folks, Owens will be leading off next year.

The conclusion: Richar starts at second next year. Uribe needs to pack his bags.

russ99
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Kenny's quotes in his sox.com Q&A today also sound like the Sox might hesitently pick up Uribe's option:

Juan Uribe is a [great] shortstop, and one of the best around defensively. Offensively, we have seen what he can do, and we have seen what he can't do. He's frustrated at times, we're frustrated at times, because there is so much untapped potential in there. We will have to weigh what his value is to us, and whether or not there is something more on the free-agent market that makes us better.I for one hopes they cut bait. Uribe's been given plenty of chances already and that $5M can be best spent elsewhere. Also, his lazy play in the field this season makes his overall defensive value much less than it could be.

The only problem is that the Sox need to make a decision 10 days after the World Series ends, and if they do decline the option, all the other teams will know the Sox have no SS and try to fleece them. Eckstein's agent (if he's any good) will also try to use the Sox' situation to raise up the going rate with other teams too.

It won't be easy to get a solid replacement and that player won't come cheap, either as FA or in a trade. Maybe the Sox should pick up the option and then deal him...

Jerksticks
09-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Entertaining the mere thought of Eckstein makes me wanna vomit all over my keyboard. And to imagine all the times I'd throw my remote through my television watching him play. These are two things I don't want to do.
Players like Eckstein and Jack Wilson are somebody else's mess to clean up. No need to get involved.

Let's get a good shortstop. Possibilities I'm happy with:
AROD
Furcal
Renteria
Escobar (for Garland easy)

kitekrazy
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM

From White Sox.com:

All of a sudden, the season is over, you look up and 20 home runs and 70 RBIs. ...

Seems like Ozzie dumbed down to the level of fantasy baseball fans.

He can't hit run the bases or bunt. That makes him the perfect White Sox.

soxinem1
09-29-2007, 10:23 PM
The pipe dreams should stop. A-Rod is not coming here.

But Renteria, Hudson, Castillo, Tejada, Young, and Furcal are some of the middle INF who will more than likely be available. Williams always prefers veterans to rookies, but with the holes he needs to fill, I'd say he keeps Uribe if he cannot upgrade the position via trade, or acquires a 2B and moves Richar to SS.

I think this question will be answered easier once Crede's situation is resolved. We may see a totally different INF in 2008.