PDA

View Full Version : 9/25/2007 Sox vs Royals

eastchicagosoxfan
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I knew the team slump would end eventually.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Starting the game thread in the Clubhouse has really increased the amount of posts.

koch44
09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I sort of like being able to watch the game on CSN tonight, while the important Cubs game is on WCIU. You should hear all these students down here at WIU crying like babies because they can't watch the game. Sort of sweet revenge for all those times I could never catch a Sox game, because of the U.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey, if we're down this season, we sure can't finish below Kansas City! We've gotta sweep this series! We haven't used the "S" word at all when it comes to home series this year!

Huisj
09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
This inning not looking so good. 5-5. Crud. That's one of the first appearances by Wasserman where he really made things worse.

EDIT: oops. 6-5 now. bah

Chicken Dinner
09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I really think Mike Meyers needs to retire.:angry:

Chicken Dinner
09-25-2007, 10:35 PM
And the "Meyers sucks" chants roar! :angry:

JB98
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm glad we picked up Myers.

I burn a candle every night praying we don't pick up that guy's option. This is another worthless player that KW seems to have a jones for, much like Sandy Alomar.

Huisj
09-25-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm confused. I've been tracking the game on cbssportsline, and they must have forgotten to put the pitching change in when Myers came in, because they first had it listed that Wasserman had given up 3 hits, but now they've changed the pitching lines to give two of them to Myers instead (but their play-by-play sequencing is still screwed up). So my bad, it wasn't Wasserman who stunk, it was Myers.

Tragg
09-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Meyers was an obvious bad pickup at the time. And it's even more ridiculous to pitch him now. But he's a hack veteran, so Ozzie will be sure to give him maximum playing time, while young pitchers catch splinters on the bench. Unfortunately, loading up this team with so many below average veterans (and then giving them maximum playing time) is a major contributor to this 70 win edition.

They can fix the bullpen, but what about this offense? It doesn't get on base. And this coaching staff doesn't believe in OBP as a useful tool. What are their plans to fix it?

JB98
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm confused. I've been tracking the game on cbssportsline, and they must have forgotten to put the pitching change in when Myers came in, because they first had it listed that Wasserman had given up 3 hits, but now they've changed the pitching lines to give two of them to Myers instead (but their play-by-play sequencing is still screwed up). So my bad, it wasn't Wasserman who stunk, it was Myers.

Wassermann gave up an infield single that traveled about 70 feet. It hugged the third-base line.

Myers allowed all the inherited runners to score. He's worthless. I said it was a brutal pickup the day it happened, and I've been proven correct.

Hitmen77
09-25-2007, 11:17 PM
oh, this game has so many things that are so typically wrong with the Sox this year:

- Score all runs in 1 inning and then totally shut down. Let KC's all-star bullpen hold us to a smattering hits after the first 2/3 of an inning.

- Poor defense. Looked like Pods should have had that runner out at the plate, but he bobbles the ball, the runner scores, the inning continues...

- Soft bloop hits by the other team that either starts their rally or keeps it going.

- Worthless bullpen in the form of Myers and MacDougal that turns a win into a defeat.

Nice work, guys.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2007, 11:41 PM
A prototypical White Sox game 2007 style.

Score early.. then sleepwalk through the rest of the night, make errors.. then wait for the inevitable bullpen blowup.

Lip

It's Time
09-25-2007, 11:42 PM
5 games left.

Brian26
09-26-2007, 12:48 AM
A hell of a game until the 7th.

voodoochile
09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
5 games left.

And two huge ones against KC for the better draft pick. Come on Sox, it's tank time. Is it too late to sign Ken Hill and Jaime Navarro for the next 5 games?

:valet
"I'm in the parking lot, got lost trying to park the chairman's car, but I can throw meatballs with the best of them, even more so since I got even older."

Brian26
09-26-2007, 12:59 AM
And two huge ones against KC for the better draft pick. Come on Sox, it's tank time. Is it too late to sign Ken Hill and Jaime Navarro for the next 5 games?

Quite honestly, when MacDougal threw that wild pitch in the 8th (with a runner on third) that was four feet over AJ's head, I started to wonder a bit. You just don't let things like that happen.

wassagstdu
09-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Wassermann gave up an infield single that traveled about 70 feet. It hugged the third-base line.
And was headed foul until Fields picked it up and put it in his pocket.

ondafarm
09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
A prototypical White Sox game 2007 style.

Score early.. then sleepwalk through the rest of the night, make errors.. then wait for the inevitable bullpen blowup.

Lip

Also the last guy in the park to realize that his starting pitcher had lost it just got a five year extension.

kitekrazy
09-26-2007, 11:01 PM
The 7th inning was bad. You think they were trying to throw the game.

No more McDougal, no more Myers, no more Ozzie doing pointless matchups.

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Also the last guy in the park to realize that his starting pitcher had lost it just got a five year extension.The return of Johnny-one-note.