PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the NL Wild Card?

Fenway
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
and down the stretch they come

CHISOXFAN13
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Chris Young hasn't been the same since he injured the oblique, and Peavy only pitches one more game.

The Padres are done. I'm going with the Phillies here.

Mr.1Dog
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I am going with the Phillies.

DSpivack
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Rockies!

SBSoxFan
09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm gonna go with the Rockies just because. If they stay hot, it could certainly happen. SD continues to struggle, and the Phillies and Atlanta beat on each other (I didn't realize Atlanta was only 3 out in the wild card) --- the Rockies could control their own destiny going into the final 3 games. Of course, I just looked at their schedule, and they end with AZ. So, maybe they'll just win the damn division! :D:

Sad
09-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Rockies!

that's who I am rooting for... I like alot of players on that team, and they've been on a nice roll! :cool:

chisoxmike
09-25-2007, 01:58 PM
The Padres I think will win it. They play the Brewers this weekend.

WhiteSoxJunkie
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
The Padres I think will win it. They play the Brewers this weekend.

But aren't those games in Milwaukee? The Brewers are tough at home. But anyways I think I have to go with the Phillies to continue this hot streak.

russ99
09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Nothing would make me happier than to see the Phils nudge out the Mets for the NL East and the Mets make the wild card.

Then Rowand and Iguchi could take out the Cubs in the first round. :D:

Jjav829
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Chris Young hasn't been the same since he injured the oblique, and Peavy only pitches one more game.

The Padres are done. I'm going with the Phillies here.

If that game Sunday means anything, Peavy will be starting it on 3 days rest.

I'll take the Padres.

The Phillies face Chuck James, Tim Hudson and John Smoltz over the next 3 days, though they do have the advantage of being at home the rest of the way.

The Padres have to play on the road the rest of the way, but they could have Peavy and Young pitching 3 of those 6 games.

The Rockies are home for the Dodgers and on the road at Arizona.

Even though the Padres offense is in trouble with Bradley and Cameron out, I'll take the team with the best pitching.

PKalltheway
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I think the Phils can finally get in. The Padres have lost Bradley, one of their better hitters, for the season. The Rockies are absolutely blistering right now, and they could make things interesting. But I'll take the Phils though.

palehozenychicty
09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
My gut is telling me the Phils, but the Rockies look really good right now. Phils with those gritty bats and Sox players finally squeak in.

captainclutch24
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
SD Pride!

Scottiehaswheels
09-26-2007, 01:53 AM
I just hope its someone from the West... Padre's or Rockies, doesn't matter to me....

MUsoxfan
09-26-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm totally confident it will be the Rockies

Jjav829
09-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Well, nothing changed after yesterday.

Tonight's matchups are:

Phi - Lohse
vs.
Atl - Hudson

Col - Fogg
vs.
LA - Lowe

SD - Peavy
vs.
SF - Misch

Clear advantage for the Padres tonight. This is potentially their chance to pull away and control their own destiny.

manders_01
09-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Rockies

SBSoxFan
09-26-2007, 09:25 AM

I'll take the Padres.

The Phillies face Chuck James, Tim Hudson and John Smoltz over the next 3 days, though they do have the advantage of being at home the rest of the way.

The Padres have to play on the road the rest of the way, but they could have Peavy and Young pitching 3 of those 6 games.

The Rockies are home for the Dodgers and on the road at Arizona.

Even though the Padres offense is in trouble with Bradley and Cameron out, I'll take the team with the best pitching.

Colorado is @ LA

Jjav829
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Colorado is @ LA

Yeah, I flip-flopped their schedule in my head while typing. They're on the road against the Dodgers and at home for the D'backs series.

SBSoxFan
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I flip-flopped their schedule in my head while typing. They're on the road against the Dodgers and at home for the D'backs series.

I'm here to help. :smile:

There's a lot of interesting series going on this week. Heck, if things fall right, you could see the Rockies winning the NL West and the Braves winning the wild card with AZ and the Mets staying home. It's far fetched, but it could happen.

AZChiSoxFan
09-26-2007, 02:41 PM

I'll take the Padres.

You can have them. A few weeks back, when Peavy started vs. Arizona on 3 days rest he got absolutely lit up.

johnr1note
09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
It'll be the Rox! Yeah!

Not SD, though. They are destined to get swept this weekend as the Brewers win the NL Central!

TommyJohn
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm hoping for San Diego. While many people here are accused of being
"flubsessed" (I HATE that word) I am more worried about the Philadelphia
Phillies. I want them nowhere near the postseason!!! So I guess that makes
me "phil-sessed."

downstairs
09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I think its too even to predict... flip a coin.

I hope:

NL East: Phillies
NL West: Arizona or Pads, I don't care
NL WC: Rockies

Jjav829
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
You can have them. A few weeks back, when Peavy started vs. Arizona on 3 days rest he got absolutely lit up.

Yeah, Jake was not sharp that day. But if a situation were to come up where the Padres needed to win that game to make the playoffs, I sure as hell wouldn't bet against Peavy, 3 days rest or not.

Hitmen77
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
With only 3 games to go, not one single team in the NL has 90 wins. :o:

Has it ever happened in MLB history that not one team in an entire league was able to crack 90 wins?

...actually, it's guaranteed that at least one NL team will end up with 90 wins this year since Ariz and Col. play each other and any combination of wins/losses between the two will give one of the teams at least 90 wins.

russ99
09-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Since everyone (except the stinky Cubs and Brewers) are so close, I wonder if we'll have a playoff game or two on Monday. That would be sweet.

JB98
09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
During the wild-card era, has it ever happened before that not a single team in the league has secured a playoff spot going into the final weekend? That's what we have in the NL.

The goddamn Cubs are tied for the sixth-best record in the league and just got swept by the horse**** Marlins, yet they are in the most favorable position of any team in the NL!

I'd like to see the Phillies and Rockies get in, just to see some new blood in the playoffs. Get rid of those ****ing Mets and eliminate any chance of an all-New York World Series.