PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Comment

Lip Man 1
09-25-2007, 12:34 PM
This was in Fred Mitchell's column today. JR seems to understand the issues:

"There were a lot of times this year when I just turned off the television set or left the ballpark early because not only did we lose, but we lost an awful lot of games we were winning and then the bullpen gave it up.

This is the first time that I, along with almost everybody else in baseball, thought that we had a very good team and it turned out to be a bad team. That's what has made this year total agony."

—White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, talking about his team on Comcast SportsNet.

Huisj
09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I had the same idea as Riensdorf then. There was a stretch there in June and July when things were really bad with the pen that I would watch a game through the 6th or 7th, and if the Sox were winning I'd turn it off and go to bed happy rather than waiting until the game was over and going to bed grumpy about another blown game.

skottyj242
09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
We were at the game in Baltimore when Bobby Jenks came in and I just had that feeling, so a couple of us got up and left happy and went to the bar and had fun. Wilkes and a couple of other people stayed and weren't too happy. Man that was a fun trip.