PDA

View Full Version : Fields Named A.L. Player of the Week

ChiSoxGirl
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
This is yet another nice personal accomplishment in a season that hasn't had much to cheer about.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070924&content_id=2227776&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Josh Fields can add another accolade to his already impressive rookie campaign. On Monday, the White Sox third baseman was named the American League Player of the Week for the period ending Sept. 23.

Even though the season is in its final stretch and the White Sox have faded from the AL Central playoff race, Fields has continued his steady improvement. He enjoyed the most successful week of his short Major League career by hitting .525 (11-for-21) with three home runs and six RBIs.

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey, congrats to him! I hope he can find a spot on the regular roster next year if he can come out strong in Spring Training.

DumpJerry
09-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Let the haters have their say.....

DSpivack
09-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey, congrats to him! I hope he can find a spot on the regular roster next year if he can come out strong in Spring Training.

There really isn't any doubt he'll be in Chicago next season.

ilsox7
09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I like how they said we faded. It makes the season sound much better. In reality, we kinda sank.

Boondock Saint
09-25-2007, 02:06 AM
I like how they said we faded. It makes the season sound much better. In reality, we kinda stank.

Fixed it for ya.

It feels REALLY nice to know that at least one of our prospects is looking like he's got a long, bright future ahead of him. Congrats to Josh. Here's to seeing you help carry the load for us next season.

Frater Perdurabo
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
I like how they said we faded. It makes the season sound much better. In reality, we kinda sank.

Yeah, the Sox sank in the same way that an airplane with its wings ripped off "sinks" to the ground.

The Sox really bought the farm this year.

delben91
09-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Trade him now while his value is high!!

Hitmen77
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM

Don't worry, Walk will fix him.

But, seriously, I'm very encouraged by his progress. I know there are alot of questions about where he will play defensively, but I feel good about having his bat in the lineup next year and that he's likely to get better with experience.

A heart of the lineup that features Thome, Dye, Paulie, Crede, Fields and AJ could be pretty formidable - especially if the Sox are able to land one of the top free agent CF. Plus Richar has shown promising signs that he could be a keeper too. I know there are alot of question marks here and this paragraph could use its share of deep pink, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about next year.

spawn
09-25-2007, 08:58 AM
We would've had to be in it to fade...which we never were.

Good for Josh, though.

ondafarm
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Congrats to Josh, well done.

Dont Stop Belivn
09-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Way to go Josh. Now lets focus on getting those strikeouts down on your way to the allstar game next season:smile:

The Immigrant
09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Trade him now while his value is high!!

:rolling:

chisoxmike
09-25-2007, 11:33 AM

There are Josh Fields "haters?"

Huisj
09-25-2007, 02:53 PM
We would've had to be in it to fade...which we never were.

Good for Josh, though.

Hey, we pulled into a tie for first place with a win on April 24! Surely the Sox were in the race at that point.

October26
09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Congrats to Josh! It was fun to watch him have a "break-out" week and hit like crazy, despite that fact that this miserable season is almost over.

I hope this is a preview of all good things for Josh Fields in 2008. Here's hoping for lots of player of the week, of the month, of the year and 2008 World Series MVP awards! Okay, maybe I'm dreaming, but I need something positive to focus on right about now...

kevin57
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Should this be added to accomplishments for this year?

(The Teal Police can decide if they want to issue a citation for that.)

soxinem1
09-26-2007, 11:50 AM
At least there will be another season highlight to put in the 2008 Media Guide.

Metalthrasher442
09-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Man this kids got power. Very exciting to watch and even more exciting to think about how good he'll be when he improves and becomes a for sure starter! One of the up sides to this down season is getting a chance to break him in and make his future look brighter!

He just made a great bare handed play at third as we speak.