PDA

View Full Version : Padres Acquire Lane

getonbckthr
09-24-2007, 10:00 PM
From Houston. They needed someone for the playoff push with Cameron and Bradley both being declared out for the season today,. He is not eligible for the playoffs.

Brian26
09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I can't remember a trade this late in the season...basically acquiring a guy to play six games.

SBSoxFan
09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
From Houston. They needed someone for the playoff push with Cameron and Bradley both being declared out for the season today,. He is not eligible for the playoffs.

Did Cameron get hurt when he collided with Bradley in the outfield?

I wonder if there are going to be any issues resulting from the Black/Bradley incident. I mean, it's not every day a manager injures one of his players.

salty99
09-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I can't remember a trade this late in the season...basically acquiring a guy to play six games.

I do. The Red Sox acquired Mike Stanton in 2005 for basically 1 game.

SoxyStu
09-25-2007, 10:38 AM
[quote=SBSoxFan;1686679]Did Cameron get hurt when he collided with Bradley in the outfield? quote]

Aye, I believe his thumb got stepped on.

russ99
09-25-2007, 02:07 PM

This is pretty bad.

The Astros dealt both Lane and Ensberg to the Padres for a PTBNL or cash considerations. That better be a decent player and not just a pile of cash...

Jjav829
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
This is pretty bad.

The Astros dealt both Lane and Ensberg to the Padres for a PTBNL or cash considerations. That better be a decent player and not just a pile of cash...

Why would the PTBNL be anything decent? Both Lane and Ensberg are bad. And the Astros were likely to non-tender Lane this offseason.

russ99
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Why would the PTBNL be anything decent? Both Lane and Ensberg are bad. And the Astros were likely to non-tender Lane this offseason.

Both were big disappointments, to be sure, but each still has some potential to become a decent hitter.

With rookie outfielder Josh Anderson lighting up the scoreboard during his call-up, I can see why they cut bait on Lane. I just hope the Astros get something, and not just cash considerations. Their farm system isn't very good, except for Anderson, Towles, Santangelo, Iorg and a few pitchers. Giving players away won't help.

Jjav829
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Both were big disappointments, to be sure, but each still has some potential to become a decent hitter.

With rookie outfielder Josh Anderson lighting up the scoreboard during his call-up, I can see why they cut bait on Lane. I just hope the Astros get something, and not just cash considerations. Their farm system isn't very good, except for Anderson, Towles, Santangelo, Iorg and a few pitchers. Giving players away won't help.

Morgan Ensberg is 32 years old. He's had one great season and one above-average season. I think he's past the point of having any kind of potential, except the potential to get even worse.

Lane is 30 and will turn 31 this offseason. He's had one season that could be considered average. Once again, I think he's past the point of having any kind of potential to improve.