PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans doing Atlanta Chop?

Dread Farmer
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Did anyone catch the Cubs fans doing the chop. I was totally shocked by their party atmosphere at the beer garden. Insane I say!

Vestigio
09-24-2007, 01:47 PM
I was laughing every time they showed Scrub fans doing the chop. Nothing more pathetic.

Also...:welcome:

voodoochile
09-24-2007, 01:48 PM
:whocares

TDog
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Did anyone catch the Cubs fans doing the chop. I was totally shocked by their party atmosphere at the beer garden. Insane I say!

Is this a trick question to see if people who answered in a recent poll that they don't watch Cubs game actually are watching Cubs games?

My answer to the question would be no, because I haven't seen a Cubs game in years.

getonbckthr
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I thought it was pretty funny, considering the Braves pretty much eliminated the Brew Crew and helped the Cubs.

Mr.1Dog
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I found $5 today.:bandance:

eriqjaffe
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I found $5 today.:bandance::chop:

DrCrawdad
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM

This time doing "the chop" may have made sense. However, lame-brained Cubbie fans were doing "the chop" in the '03 NLCS when the Cubbies opponent was the Marlins. (Les Grobstein vociferously denied (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26184&highlight=chop&page=2) this in spite of the fact that it was captured on TV.)

PatK
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I shudder to think what could have been doing if playing the Yankees

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/tommyboy.jpg

The Critic
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I thought it was pretty funny, considering the Braves pretty much eliminated the Brew Crew and helped the Cubs.

This, along with the insane cheering when the Braves took the lead over the Brewers, showed me that at least some Cubs fans know "what's the score", and what impact an out-of-town game had on their team's playoff fortunes.

I already knew that, of course, but it did belie some of the common perception of the Cub fan.

voodoochile
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
This, along with the insane cheering when the Braves took the lead over the Brewers, showed me that at least some Cubs fans know "what's the score", and what impact an out-of-town game had on their team's playoff fortunes.

I already knew that, of course, but it did belie some of the common perception of the Cub fan.

There are two separate groups of people who go to flubbie games. Flubs fans - people who watch the team even on TV and who know the players' names and actually understand baseball. I know several of these. They are good people even if mildly delusional.

Then there's the Friends of Wrigley (FOW). These are the bleacher bimbos and party boys who love to go and drink beer, catch a tan and party. It's gotten a lot worse for the true fans of that team because the trib actually marketed the party atmosphere so now it truly is the world's largest beer garden, but there are lots of folks who were fans of the flubbies long before it became the in thing to do...