PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley hurt by own manager while trying to go after ump.

chaerulez
09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
The video is on the Padres' website, kind of crazy. Bradley hit a single and while on first he got in an argument with Mike Winters the first base ump. Bud Black ran out and took down Bradley before anything bad happened, in doing so he hurt Bradley's knee. Bradley might be done for the year. Milton has always been a hot tempered jerk, and he deserves blame for just not keeping his cool. But it does seem like Winters deserves some blame, it appears he said something first to Bradley. I think the telling thing sign when Bradley called time to go yell at Winters, the first base coach was already in his face. I guess Winters accused Bradley of throwing a bat at the home plate umpire in the fifth. They were talking about that at first, but then Winters called him a "name". They didn't disclose exactly what was said, but it must've been pretty bad. Maybe we should ask Todd Helton what happened for an unbiased account.

SBSoxFan
09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. All my newspaper said was he was hurt on a "bizarre" play. At least it happened after he kneed Mike Cameron in the face.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
I heard the ump called him a piece of ****. Now, whether the ump said those words or not, the ump should NOT be talking down or bad to a player or about a player at all.

MB should have remained calm, but I feel umps/referees in some sports feel they are above the game. If the ump said something of this nature, he should be suspended without question.

goon
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Milton Bradley is now OUT FOR THE SEASON after tearing his ACL in that scuffle. Wow, is that guy made out of glass or what?