PDA

View Full Version : Sherman Interview Update (Sad News)

Lip Man 1
09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Folks:

I just got an e-mail this evening from Ed with an item that he'd like to add as a postscript.

If you read the interview you come to the part where Ed mentions his Dad and that he was ailing when he came up to Chicago to see the Sox in the World Series.

Ed just told me that his Dad passed away Thursday morning.

As part of the e-mail Ed told me that in his Dad's final few moments here on this Earth, a Sox hat was placed on his pillow since his Dad was a fan to the end.

A fitting tribute don't you think?

I have extended WSI's condolences to the Sherman family.

Lip

JB98
09-23-2007, 11:56 PM
That's sad to hear. It sounds like Ed's father was a true Sox fan, so it's good that he got to see a championship team during his lifetime.

I enjoyed reading the interview, Lip.

veeter
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Condolences Ed.

skottyj242
09-24-2007, 03:56 PM
That's terrible to hear. That's how I want to go out though, with a grin on my face and a Sox hat on my head.

Fenway
09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
It was a great interview and gave a lot of insight to how the Tribune covers things.

I'm happy that Ed's father could see the White Sox win.

SOXfnNlansing
09-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Lip, that was an excellent interview. I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Sherman's passing. I think that most people that are ailing transport their spirit back to true loves (like baseball as a kid), so it was comforting for him to have the one thing (White Sox Championship) we never had in his mind during the last days on Earth.

chisox77
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Condolences and prayers to Ed's father.

Nice touch with the Sox cap next to him.