PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Where's the Post Game Thread? Sox Win 9/22/07

Hitmen77
09-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Did I miss it? No post game thread? Must be the beautiful weather today coupled with the morning start.

Javy looking good again. 11 Ks. Hope he brings this over to 2008.

Owens 5 for 6 and now his average is up to .267. Is he going to be good enough to be our starting LF or CF in '08? I'm impressed with his showing, but I'd still hope the Sox pursue a veteran CF this winter.

Fields 1 hit and 2 BB and Richar with 2 hits. Thome hits #503.

voodoochile
09-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Vazquez was incredible and I agree totally great to see Owens and Richar continue to develop. They are both at their season high for batting average, right? That more than anything gives me hope they will be solid contributors next year.

09-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Owens 5 for 6 and now his average is up to .267. Is he going to be good enough to be our starting LF or CF in '08? I'm impressed with his showing, but I'd still hope the Sox pursue a veteran CF this winter.

No but he has given some thought to him being worthy of a #4 OF / pinch runner guy. Its safe to say Fields will start 08 in LF if Crede is back and 100%.

voodoochile
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
No but he has given some thought to him being worthy of a #4 OF / pinch runner guy. Its safe to say Fields will start 08 in LF if Crede is back and 100%.

Also ends Pods' career on the southside because if Fields gets moved back to 3B, I'd rather have Owens in left than Pods, provided they sign a veteran CF with a throwing arm. If not, his wheels, glove and ability to bat leadoff wouldn't make him the worst choice in CF if the Sox sign ARod or something equally ridiculous happens to eat up the money...

Hitmen77
09-22-2007, 06:49 PM

That's what I would prefer - for Owens to be our #4 OF going into next year with him being an acceptable fall back in LF if the whole Crede at 3rd/Fields at Left thing doesn't pan out (Crede has a set back or is traded, etc).

chisox77
09-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm encouraged by Fields and Richar.

Owens deserves consideration. He has come a long way from the first stint he had earlier in the season.

These are good signs, though the season has been very bad.

On that note (during today's broadcast):

Hawk to DJ: "I love Minnesota."

:cool:

kevin57
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Also ends Pods' career on the southside

All the more true because in a radio interview Pods said he would not accept a less than everyday player sort of understanding when negotiating his new contract. Bye-bye!

mccoydp
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
This was a great game today; I wish I could have watched it instead of listening to it on Gameday audio (I was blacked out for some reason).

Fields, Owens, Richar, and Vazquez make 2008 look a lot more promising.

I got pretty excited over Owens' 5 hits during the game. Thome and Grindy's bombs helped out, too. :D:

MCHSoxFan
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Did I miss it? No post game thread? Must be the beautiful weather today coupled with the morning start.

Javy looking good again. 11 Ks. Hope he brings this over to 2008.

Just a GREAT game. I hope they do this on their final homestand!!! Thome actuall hit number 504 or 505. I wish Owens went 6 for 6.

Martinigirl
09-22-2007, 09:15 PM
All the more true because in a radio interview Pods said he would not accept a less than everyday player sort of understanding when negotiating his new contract. Bye-bye!

As much as I like Pods, I think he is going to be very disappointed if he is looking for a team to guarantee him a starting spot with the amount of injuries he has had this year.

soxfanatlanta
09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
As much as I like Pods, I think he is going to be very disappointed if he is looking for a team to guarantee him a starting spot with the amount of injuries he has had in 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Fixed it for you.

Hitmen77
09-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Just a GREAT game. I hope they do this on their final homestand!!! Thome actuall hit number 504 or 505. I wish Owens went 6 for 6.

I stand corrected. It was #504, tying Jim with Eddie Murray for 22nd on the all-time HR list.
:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
09-23-2007, 12:46 AM
One more win for Vazquez and Rongey gets a steak, courtesy of Lawrence Holmes! :wink: And if Vazquez pitches half as good as he has in his last few starts, Rongey's all but assured a win in his bet with Holmes.

DumpJerry
09-23-2007, 01:35 PM
As much as I like Pods, I think he is going to be very disappointed if he is looking for a team to guarantee him a starting spot with the amount of injuries he has had this year.
I don't think we'll see Pods in a White Sox uni next year. Ozzie expressed frustration with the repeated injuries and he is just unreliable healthwise.