PDA

View Full Version : Whattaya Know........

bridgeportcopper
09-22-2007, 01:35 PM
the ultimate Cub Fan (winner of that ridiculous seventh inning stretch promotion) is from IOWA! Which probably means another several buses full of "Cubbie fans" made their way to the northside today. I'm sure the Tribune Co. is thankful for that Iowa/Wrigleyville connection. I don't know who I like less northsiders or Iowans (and I say that having spent 4 years in that horrible state.)

pierzynski07
09-22-2007, 02:45 PM
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

I have no idea what you are complaing about, or what the issue is.

itsnotrequired
09-22-2007, 05:29 PM

I hate it when fans following the AAA affiliate travel across the state to see the major league club.

:rolleyes:

hi im skot
09-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I usually hate to rely on tags, but...

:whocares

:threadsucks

Railsplitter
09-22-2007, 07:22 PM

I think the idea is that Bridgeportcopper finds it ironic that the Unltimate Cubs Fan contest is not from Chicago, but instead is what I like to call a Cable Carpetbagger, somebody who became a Cubs fan through WGN's superstation status.

pearso66
09-22-2007, 07:54 PM
While I could believe that they became a fan from watching WGN, could it have something to do with the Cubs AAA team being from Iowa? If I lived in a state/area that didn't have a professional sports team, but did have a minor league one. I would probably be inclined to follow the parent club, as you've seen some of those players play right in front of you for at least a few games, if not a couple seasons.

DumpJerry
09-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Bridgeportcopper: why do you expend enery getting worked up over something related to the Cubs? Really now.

QCIASOXFAN
09-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Your 4 years at college (or in prison) sure gives you a right to rip on Iowa and Iowa Cubs fans.:rolleyes: The dude is a huge Cubs fan and also has bone cancer. Who cares if hes from Iowa. Why would it bother you if Cub fans from Iowa want to go watch there team play? I know 100's of Cub fans who have NEVER read the Tribune in there lives and have ZERO background knowledge on team ownership. This doesn't make them worse of a fan or unworthy though.