PDA

View Full Version : Theo Epstein is an idiot or insane

Fenway
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Boy blunder came out of his ivory tower and gave a long interview on WEEI this morning which by the end had Red Sox fans foaming at the mouth

Some gems

He compared J.D. Drew favorably with 2 former Boston hitters...
Wade Boggs and Theodore Samuel Williams :?::o:

Then he tries to explain to Boston fans why beating the Yankees for the division isn't that important

Theo while I can understand your logic you can't sell that to some Boston fans who want to beat the Yankees for the division as much as winning the Series.

What a firestorm this interview has caused

Here is a link to the podcast

WEEI - Dennis and Callahan - Theo Epstein (http://weei.podzinger.com/viewMedia.jsp?index=2&num=10&filter=0&expand=true&match=query,channel&dedupe=1&start=0&il=en&col=en-all-pod_weei-ep&s=PZSID_pods_pod5_8_6_0004;WEEI+-+Dennis+and+Callahan&e=11531409&res=50036157)
Sep 21, 2007
Red Sox GM Theo Epstein joins D and C to talk about the Red Sox swoon and the playoffs

cleanwsox
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, Game 1 at Fenway or Game 1 on the road? Ahh, who cares... we're Boston baby!

Go Yanks! I hate everything Boston these days (Pats, Celts, Red Sox).

Oblong
09-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I won't defend the JD DRew thing but if someone (those fans) would rather beat another team vs. winning the world series then they deserve to go through life miserable with a team that's 99.5% sure of going to the playoffs.

Fenway
09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I won't defend the JD DRew thing but if someone (those fans) would rather beat another team vs. winning the world series then they deserve to go through life miserable with a team that's 99.5% sure of going to the playoffs.

I agree. Who cares that the Yankees have won the division every year since 1996. It has been 7 years since they last won the Series and 4 years from a pennant.

But this fanbase is obsessed with beating New York

itsnotrequired
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM

According to BP's latest Playoff Odds report, it is more like 99.985%

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

:rolleyes:

Oblong
09-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Darn, my rounding was off slightly! :D:

Seriously. As a Red Wing fan (Yankees of the NHL as they are called), there was a huge rivalry with Colorado. But at the height of it the cup was always the goal. Going through them to get it was gravy. Avs fans would chant Red Wings Suck at games against other opponents. I've heard Red Sox fans do the same thing with Yankee chants.

Fenway
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
According to BP's latest Playoff Odds report, it is more like 99.985%

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

:rolleyes:

If the unthinkable happens and Detroit wins out and Boston only wins once

New England will break off from the mainland and sail out to sea and never be heard from again.

Sadly that means Bristol, CT would go away as well

spiffie
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
If the unthinkable happens and Detroit wins out and Boston only wins once

New England will break off from the mainland and sail out to sea and never be heard from again.

Sadly that means Bristol, CT would go away as well
I have never rooted so hard for Detroit in all my life as I am doing right now.

Flight #24
09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
He compared J.D. Drew favorably with 2 former Boston hitters...
Wade Boggs and Theodore Samuel Williams :?::o:

Did he also find the time to take potshots at Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Tom Brady? Confess that he's been sandbagging the BBWAA's efforts to get Jim Rice into the Hall of Fame? Admit that the Pats camerman is really his cousin Howie?

Noneck
09-21-2007, 05:59 PM
More reasons for blosox fans to cry, excuses and curses will be soon to come.
The fans must be so very happy now, they are doing what they do best and what they are known for. Crying!