PDA

View Full Version : Sox-and-Roll Saturday the 13th @Noon central

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 05:15 PM
We'd like to do the home opener, but we'll be at the game ourselves. If we could only pull it off one day and broadcast from the bleachers! That's a goal of ours. I doubt that will happen since I'm sure the front office won't approve of our material on the show.

So join us Saturday vs. our old friend Singleton and the O's . We'll do a 1 our pre-game show as usual starting at 12.

Maybe we'll be alble to stop their almighty leadoff man
:slowswing

doublem23
04-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
We'd like to do the home opener, but we'll be at the game ourselves. If we could only pull it off one day and broadcast from the bleachers! That's a goal of ours. I doubt that will happen since I'm sure the front office won't approve of our material on the show.

Well, luckily a ton of us will be there with you on Friday (including myself :smile: )

Anyways, awesome! I may be at the game on Saturday, but if not, I know where I'm going to be.... tuned into Sox-and-Roll!

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Well, luckily a ton of us will be there with you on Friday (including myself :smile: )

Anyways, awesome! I may be at the game on Saturday, but if not, I know where I'm going to be.... tuned into Sox-and-Roll!
Cool! Whoever wants to meet up at the game, lets meet at sec 109 in the top of teh 3rd inning. We talked about it in another thread the otehr day. I'll be there with CubsF'nBlow, JoeBatters and Guido. You'll see a guy with a black jersey on that says "Joe Batters" on teh back so you'll know who that is and be able to pick us out of a croud

doublem23
04-10-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Cool! Whoever wants to meet up at the game, lets meet at sec 109 in the top of teh 3rd inning. We talked about it in another thread the otehr day. I'll be there with CubsF'nBlow, JoeBatters and Guido. You'll see a guy with a black jersey on that says "Joe Batters" on teh back so you'll know who that is and be able to pick us out of a croud

LOL... Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I are stuck WAAAAAYYYYYYY up in Section 508, Row 20 or so (? I don't have the tickets with me, I'd lose them :smile: )... So once we find our seats, we're not going anywhere!

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

LOL... Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I are stuck WAAAAAYYYYYYY up in Section 508, Row 20 or so (? I don't have the tickets with me, I'd lose them :smile: )... So once we find our seats, we're not going anywhere!

Understood. That's a hell of a walk. lol

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 06:33 PM
My seats are upstairs someplace, but I don't plan on sitting there. I'll stand on the concourse for most of the game.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
My seats are upstairs someplace, but I don't plan on sitting there. I'll stand on the concourse for most of the game.

Wills said the Sox are enforcing the deck rules for the opener. The lower concourse was too crowded for security to handle "issues" at last year's game. Unless you plan to get inside the Bullpen Bar, I think they aim to keep the riff raff up on the 500 level.

The class structure at Comiskey is like the Titanic, only upside down.

:)

:reinsy
"Wait a minute, wouldn't that be the Poiseden Adventure?"

:ohno
(musically) "There's got to be a morning after...."

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 06:47 PM
Well that blows. I bet I don't stay more than a couple of innings then. I'll go find some bar to watch the game in.

doublem23
04-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Unless you plan to get inside the Bullpen Bar, I think they aim to keep the riff raff up on the 500 level.

Riff raff! I'll kick someone's ass! :smile:

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Wills said the Sox are enforcing the deck rules for the opener. The lower concourse was too crowded for security to handle "issues" at last year's game. Unless you plan to get inside the Bullpen Bar, I think they aim to keep the riff raff up on the 500 level.

The class structure at Comiskey is like the Titanic, only upside down.

:)

"Wait a minute, wouldn't that be the Poiseden Adventure?"

:ohno
(musically) "There's got to be a morning after...."

Yup. they always enforce that crap when there is a full house and the first week of the season. Unless there is going to be a sell out croud, they usually don't care, but the ushers are always checking tickets even if you're the only person within 6 sections. lol .

No idiot fan is ripping me off!

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 08:01 PM
My friends and I stood around on the concourse through all of Opening Day last year. I guess all those fights I saw are part of the reason we're being called riff raff this year.

Hand on a Bible, I didn't start any of them.

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
My friends and I stood around on the concourse through all of Opening Day last year. I guess all those fights I saw are part of the reason we're being called riff raff this year.

Hand on a Bible, I didn't start any of them.

That's all I ever do. I sit down for a while in the cheap seat i buy int eh bleachers or in lower deck reserve, and I just stand behind home plate or the third base dug out and hang out with people i meet up with.