PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9/20/07 We get skunked thread!

salty99
09-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Cy Grienke worked his magic.

Hey at least the game was less than 2 hours!

thomas35forever
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
We get our own postgame show on WGN?! What is going on with this world?

chisoxmike
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
The Sox just haven't hit their stride yet. When they do, this team is going to go on a roll.

salty99
09-20-2007, 03:20 PM
The Sox just haven't hit their stride yet. When they do, this team is going to go on a roll.

I totally agree with you. I can't wait til that season ending 9 game winning streak starts tomorrow against Santana and the Twins! :bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I turned it off in the 5th inning. First time I have ever done that when I have noting else to do.

palehozenychicty
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, nine games left until that 1st round pick!:redneck

Jaffar
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, nine games left until that 1st round pick!:redneck

What's our magic number for winning the #1 overall?

Dick Allen
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Did the Sox know there was a game today?

Oh yeah, thanks Ozzie for playing Andy Gonzalez again.:angry:

jabrch
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
What's our magic number for winning the #1 overall?

We'd have to work hard to catch Tampa. They are 63 - 90 while we are 66 - 87. But the #2 pick isnt out of reach.

Either way - there are enough guys at the top of this draft that we will have an opportunity at a good guy.

Jaffar
09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Did the Sox know there was a game today?

Oh yeah, thanks Ozzie for playing Andy Gonzalez again.:angry:

I think Cintron got scratched at the start of the game.

spiffie
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
This team is real close. If Kenny just keeps everyone together for next year it is bound to improve.

Dick Allen
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I think Cintron got scratched at the start of the game.Doesn't matter, I'd pull somebody out of the stands to play 3rd base instead of that bum. Josh Fields was on the bench, is he now forbidden to play 3rd?

Cuck_The_Fubs
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Wow, I didn't even know they played an afternoon game today. Too bad I found out that they did... :(:

getonbckthr
09-20-2007, 04:08 PM
They played already? Jees thats where this season has gone in my eyes.

PatK
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Greinke owns the Sox.

Cintron's hand was hurt and was a late scratch.

I don't know why Fields wasn't in. I never want to see Andy at third again, or at least him and Pods not in the same lineup.

The Immigrant
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Josh Fields was on the bench, is he now forbidden to play 3rd?

Well, we wouldn't want our rookies to get burned out for the stretch run now would we? [There is no shade of teal deep enough for this statement]

Ozzie and his crazy lineups...starting Hall against a RHP today only to have A.J. start against Santana tomorrow.

A. Cavatica
09-20-2007, 05:40 PM
This team is real close. If Kenny just keeps everyone together for next year it is bound to improve.

:tealpolice:

Some people actually believe this.

wassagstdu
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
To belabor the obvious: The Sox as a team have a big hole in their hitting, and any pitcher who can hit that hole can shut them down. The apparent fact that the whole team has the same hole has got to be the fault of the hitting coach.

Dick Allen
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
We'd have to work hard to catch Tampa. They are 63 - 90 while we are 66 - 87. But the #2 pick isnt out of reach.

Either way - there are enough guys at the top of this draft that we will have an opportunity at a good guy.Unless, of course, they're represented by Borass.

JorgeFabregas
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
It seems like Ozzie has sat Fields at least twice a week since he's been moved to left and Podsednik's been back. Why? It doesn't make any kind of sense.

soxfanatlanta
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Let me guess, Zack had his Nintendo stuff?

Ugh.

champagne030
09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Unless, of course, they're represented by Borass.

Or want more than slot money.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-20-2007, 08:21 PM
This was another of those goofy getaway day lineups Ozzie is always using. Did I read somewhere that he got an extension after this mess this year?

Grzegorz
09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
To belabor the obvious: The Sox as a team have a big hole in their hitting, and any pitcher who can hit that hole can shut them down. The apparent fact that the whole team has the same hole has got to be the fault of the hitting coach.

I do not buy the Walker excuse. This team cannot manufacture runs. It the players folks, not the coaches.

JB98
09-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Let me guess, Zack had his Nintendo stuff?

Ugh.

Grienke has thrown 15 1 /3 innings against the Sox this season. He hasn't allowed a run. Embarrassing. The kid isn't exactly Cy Young.

kevin57
09-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I do not buy the Walker excuse. This team cannot manufacture runs. It the players folks, not the coaches.

This has been a continuing dispute in these boards. I understand that Walker is just a coach, but do the same people who don't want him fired want all our players not hitting .275 fired? Oh gosh...that's the entire damn squad.

MetroPD
09-20-2007, 10:06 PM

HAHAHA!! Thats the most funny thing I've read here all year.

No huh? I guess Pk, Thome, Dye, etc etc etc have always hit this lousy right? The players are not playing to par, the so called coaches (who are supposed to coach the players) are not doing their jobs to fix the problems. THAT, is indeed the fault of the coaches.

JorgeFabregas
09-20-2007, 11:08 PM
It is difficult to tell what a hitting coach is responsible for and what he isn't. That's why there's endless debate about it on the site. The sum total of results on the field is the quick and dirty method of measuring. By that measure, Walker doesn't look so good this year.

Grzegorz
09-21-2007, 04:53 AM
No huh? I guess Pk, Thome, Dye, etc etc etc have always hit this lousy right? The players are not playing to par, the so called coaches (who are supposed to coach the players) are not doing their jobs to fix the problems. THAT, is indeed the fault of the coaches.

They've recently improved; does that mean Walker gets credit? Why stop at Walker? If one is inclined to blame Walker, where is the ground swell support to fire Cooper and Ozzie? If Walker gets canned, then the entire field management should get canned.

Guys like PK, Thome, & Dye know how to hit. Either their pressing, injured, or their skills are declining. In these cases what is needed is a psychiatrist, doctor, or a good retirement plan.

GoSox2K3
09-21-2007, 09:48 AM
They've recently improved; does that mean Walker gets credit? Why stop at Walker? If one is inclined to blame Walker, where is the ground swell support to fire Cooper and Ozzie? If Walker gets canned, then the entire field management should get canned.

Guys like PK, Thome, & Dye know how to hit. Either their pressing, injured, or their skills are declining. In these cases what is needed is a psychiatrist, doctor, or a good retirement plan.

This is the most maddening thing about listening to some fans' logic. It's "all or nothing"/"black and white". "hey it's entirely the players fault and not Walker's at all"...."we're hitting well for a few games, where's Walker's credit?"..."if you fire Walker, you should fire everybody".

Greg Walker has some accountability over the fact that the Sox repeatedly have underachieved offensively during his tenure. He's not totally to blame. Players, scouts, other coaches....anyone involved in game preparation needs to be given a long hard look on why things went so wrong. Players come and go and we still make rookies look like Cy Young. And I don't care if we had the same problem when Walk's predecessor was here - it still doesn't make it "OK" that this crap is going on under his watch.

Maybe we should trade away our underperforming players. Oh wait, we did that with Iguchi and now he's hitting .300 for Philly.

And what does Cooper have to do with it? Whether Don Cooper is accountable for anything that happened with the Sox pitching this year does not have anything to do with Greg Walker's performance.

ondafarm
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
. . . If one is inclined to blame Walker, where is the ground swell support to fire Cooper and Ozzie? If Walker gets canned, then the entire field management should get canned. . .

Yeah, that's what I want to know.

ondafarm
09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
All levity aside, coaches are often the easiest guys to fire, as opposed to unloading significant numbers of major players, so they often wind up being fall guys. Probably not fair, but it happens.